Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Wuhan scientists were planning to release enhanced airborne coronaviruses into Chinese bat populations to inoculate them against diseases that could jump to humans, leaked grant proposals dating from 2018 show.

Comments

From the article and more disturbing is the plans they had for altering the coronaviruses for greater human susceptibility and merging more deadly version with more infectious versions. All this was purposed in DARPA grant requests that were denied.

I don't want to sound like I am over reacting but that honestly on the surface that sounds like germ warfare. Requesting to be funded by the US's Defense Department DARPA in China... I mean...

Who on earth thought any of these were a "good" idea to do in the first place outside of germ warfare? I mean to me they sound unimaginably stupid to even purpose - "playing god". Perhaps someone more familiar might enlighten me as to why these proposals MIGHT be a good idea. It reminds me of some of the things the Soviets had stored away in their germ warfare labs at the end of the end of the "cold war". Not even human targeted - targeted pathogens for destroying entire crops for example.

#1 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-09-21 05:41 PM | Reply

I like how the article says documents have been confirmed as "genuine" by an unnamed "former trump official"

In other words, it's probably bogus

#2 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-09-21 06:38 PM | Reply

"Who on earth thought any of these were a "good" idea to do in the first place"

JPW

"I mean to me they sound unimaginably stupid to even purpose - "playing god"."

Yes, basically that is what they are doing and why. A lot of these 'researchers' are like JPW with a highly inflated sense of their own intelligence and capabilities. They get paid nothing and are treated like dirt so this is the one upside to the job. Unfortunately, a bunch of dull normals with education levels a half step above dental technicians playing with highly contagious/deadly viruses seems like a great idea to them.

"Perhaps someone more familiar might enlighten me as to why these proposals MIGHT be a good idea.
#1 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE"

They can't because it is not a good idea. Even the empty-suit Obama knew this was a bad idea. Unfortunately, little Anthony Fauci thought playing god would help heal his mental wounds from his childhood bullying and he defied Obama's orders.

#3 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-21 06:41 PM | Reply

^
Somebody didn't read the article

#4 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-09-21 06:58 PM | Reply

^
^
Somebody is a frickin' idiot.

#5 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-22 08:38 PM | Reply

"#5 | POSTED BY LEGALLYBRAINDEADZ"

Wow, Legallybraindead shows up to defend the idea of releasing bat coronaviruses that have been modified using gain of function research to make them more susceptible to humans. I am not surprised at all. As I said, you make Snoofy look like a certified MENSA member in comparison.

#6 | Posted by Skeptical at 2021-09-22 09:58 PM | Reply