Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Over 737,000 COVID-19 vaccines have been disposed of in TN, GA, AL, and NC, about one-third of it was wasted in the last two months.

Comments

Cut 'em off and let 'em die.

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-22 02:55 PM | Reply

"ship the vaccines we do have to States where people want to be vaccinated."

We should be sending them overseas in my opinion.

Fight the variants there, so we don't have to fight them here. Which is our approach to other diseases like bird flu. Better to fight it in Laos than Las Vegas.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-22 03:17 PM | Reply

Make America's immediate Neighbors in Mexico and the Caribbean a vaccination priority and after that spread the vaccines wherever they will do the most good.

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-22 04:27 PM | Reply

Give them to the hoards of illegals at the border. Then we can track them by the microchips.

#4 | Posted by Charliecharles at 2021-09-22 05:23 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Discarded vaccines, pointless election audits, the loss to the economy from being careless conspiracy nuts, the list goes on and on.

For supposed "conservatives", today's GOPers at large sure like to waste money and resources.

#5 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-09-22 05:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

It's a shame that the states with the lowest vaccination rates are also the ones that are wasting the most doses.

Question, why did they thaw out all of those doses if they weren't prepared to administer them? You can't tell me that they couldn't get five people at a time, the number of doses in a single vial, together at a time so that no doses were wasted. Also, the vaccine is good for a month after thawing out. You mean they couldn't find five people over a 30 day period that didn't want the vaccine. That's a pretty big condemnation of the way things are in those states, that in any one location, they couldn't find five people wanting to be vaccinated withing 30 days of thawing out a vial of vaccine.

OCU

#6 | Posted by OCUser at 2021-09-22 06:17 PM | Reply

Vaccinate all those Haitians before they are sent back to their homeland. Give them some benefit for getting into the US. Heads on the Right will explode...

#7 | Posted by catdog at 2021-09-22 06:28 PM | Reply

Laos Vegas has a nice ring to it ...

#8 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2021-09-22 06:32 PM | Reply

I was wondering what a dose cost. I didn't know until I read this story.

#9 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-23 09:47 AM | Reply

That depends on which vaccine you're talking about. Of the three that have gotten approval in US, Pfizer is the most expensive ($19.50), followed by Moderna ($16.00) and then finally J&J ($10.00). Note that these are the cost per dose, so this makes the J&J vaccine much cheaper when you consider that the other two vaccines require two doses. Note that some of the vaccines which are being used overseas but which have not yet gotten FDA approval for use here, even under emergency authorization, are much cheaper, such as AstraZeneca at $4.00/dose. Also note that Pfizer expects that once the federal government ends the program where they've been paying for the vaccines that Americans have been receiving, in other words, when the patient, or their insurance company, has to start paying, the price of a single dose will go up to around $175.00. The other drug companies will probably follow suit.

OCU

#10 | Posted by OCUser at 2021-09-23 12:38 PM | Reply

Oh good, my state is one of them.

I refreshed web sites, I got on waiting lists, and I got the vaccine about a week after the first day I was eligible.

I've been fully vaccinated since April.

At this point all anyone has to do in this country is walk into a pharmacy and say "Hi! I'd like a COVID vaccine" and they get it then and there.

I'm sick of their excrement.

#11 | Posted by DarkVader at 2021-09-24 12:57 AM | Reply

Yes, I saw a family at Walgreens this week where they brought their two teenage sons in to get their second doses of the vaccine. I assume that the parents were already fully-vaxed since they would have been eligible before their kids were.

OCU