Wednesday, September 29, 2021

An Alpine School District bus driver is no longer an employee after he displayed controversial signs inside his bus.

Comments

"Bus driver hangs indoctrination posters in bus, gets fired."

FTFY no charge.

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-09-29 08:15 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

the Moses connecting his tablet to the cloud one made me lol.

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-09-29 08:32 AM | Reply

This is where righties get all bent out of shape about "indoctrinating our children", correct?

#3 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-29 09:30 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 6

Here we have a school bus driver getting paid by public funds to transport children on a bus where guns are banned to an from their free public school, again where guns are banned, complaining about socialism, gun control and free education. It's the trifecta of self-retorting retorts.

#4 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-09-29 11:26 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

I wonder what his union has to say about all this.

#5 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-09-29 11:38 AM | Reply

I wonder what his union has to say about all this.

Bus drivers are usually private firms hired by the school district.

I know here in NY our school system uses a private company, but under the terms of the contract the school can have a driver fired for cause as was the case when a driver was driving kids with alcohol on his breath and tipped the bus over in a drainage ditch.

Being this is Utah I doubt it is unionized.

#6 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-09-29 11:45 AM | Reply

Well, the fired bus driver might be wishing he had a union right about now, just saying.

#7 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-09-29 11:50 AM | Reply

Dumb ass gun nut. He is an employee driving his employers bus. This is not his personal space, or even a space that he has any right to beyond just driving. Idiot got fired. Another example of why so many right wingers fail in our society.

#8 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-09-29 12:14 PM | Reply

Dear Darlene,

The policy going forward appears to be you get fired for trying to indoctrinate kids on a school bus. Until the administration changes again.

Then he can post whatever the new administration allows.

Elections matter.

You are welcome.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-09-29 01:13 PM | Reply

One great thing about capitalism is that those supplying the means of production can self-select to be part of the system, or can remove themselves from that system. At the same time, those seeking the means of production and expending capital for that labor can usually discriminate in seeking workers suitable for employment (e.g., by applying tests for skills, competency, aptitude, etc.). The knob in question demonstrated his unsuitability for employment and the market spoke, so he is out on his ear.

Those on the right are certainly screaming about 'free speech' or 'freedom' in general in this matter, when their true perspective is that of a socialist society, where all who put themselves forth for employment are taken on, whether they qualify for that employment or not, and their employment is protected from the discrimination found in a capitalist system.

In other words, those who want this guy's job protected are defined as Socialists, not capitalists...

#10 | Posted by catdog at 2021-09-29 01:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I hated the bus. I got into a fight on the bus in 7th grade. I was kind of cornered by this idiot a year older than I. He said something about my Mom, which is the only big-no-no I have ever subscribed to. I unzipped my backpack, held the opening taut and sawed the zipper teeth across this kid's neck and made him bleed. The bus driver stopped the bus and came back and thought for a second that I had ---- his throat. Kid never bothered me again.

I wish I was as tough now as I was back when I was 12.

#11 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2021-09-29 01:20 PM | Reply

I'm just glad this weirdo doesn't think public nudity should be legal.

#12 | Posted by Tor at 2021-09-29 01:30 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

If the driver had union representation there would be little that could have saved his job.
Breaking a rule has rules to correct behavior but when a driver makes their own rules they're in uncharted waters.

Interesting that the linked heading is from Sinclair Broadcast Group (KUTV) in which President Trump had extolled as better than "fake news".

Trump/Sinclair

#13 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-09-29 02:00 PM | Reply

#12 - why? Think that would make this world a bit more interesting!

#14 | Posted by jakester at 2021-09-29 02:01 PM | Reply

the Moses connecting his tablet to the cloud one made me lol.

#2 | POSTED BY GONOLES92

Ancient Astronauts believers also have a theory about that.

#15 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-09-29 02:07 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY JAKESTER AT 2021-09-29 02:01 PM | FLAG: TOADSTOOL LOVER

#16 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-29 04:46 PM | Reply

Ancient Astronauts believers also have a theory about that.

#15 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

Don't they generally have a theory about anything and everything?

#17 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-29 04:46 PM | Reply

#18 | Posted by jamesgelliott at 2021-09-29 09:08 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

^
Yeah. "Controversy" is exactly what these kids need on the way to and from school

It's sad indubitably

#19 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-09-29 09:59 PM | Reply

#18 | POSTED BY JAMESGELLIOTT

Sure. You'd be so sad if he plastered his bus with the kinds of memes that turn kids gay, and got fired for it.

You know who would be sad about that? The kids.

People on your side of the aisle are dying from COVID and the rest of you guys don't even care. You won't lift a finger to help them. The best thing that could happen to society is to keep people like you as far away from government and politics as possible.

Why would you even get involved in a system you fundamentally don't believe in, except to destroy it, and us?

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-09-29 10:05 PM | Reply

"The sad thing is that this generation will be "protected" from anything that is controvesial."

#18 | POSTED BY JAMESGELLIOTT

Look up the '50s sometime.

#21 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-09-30 01:38 PM | Reply