Tuesday, October 05, 2021

New law some people are trying to get Oregon to vote for in 2022 which would basically ban hunting and destroy the agricultural industry.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

As a left wing west coast animal lover, I am completely against this stupid idea.

This is am example of "woke" going overboard.

Comments

Gonna have to say "No" to banning hunting. If anything we need more hunting and less hamburger.

#1 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-10-05 04:08 PM | Reply

I second that! Besides, some part of me has always felt that if you're going to eat meat, you should know the cost of it. We're so disassociated from nature. The other part is that the worst damages to the environment from farming come from the animal side of it. Though I have issues with our monoculture model and anything that requires Monsanto as well, but that's a whole other discussion. But hunting can be managed in a manner which is at times even helpful to the environment. More fishing than hunting, (same principle) but the lionfish for example.

#2 | Posted by zeropointnrg at 2021-10-05 06:25 PM | Reply

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

- Mahatma Gandhi

We've adopted many animals who were neglected or mistreated. None of them deserved that. They have feelings like we humans do; fear, loneliness, grief, confusion, etc

#3 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-10-05 06:30 PM | Reply

I am all for making the penalties for abusing animals most severe, but I am not for destroying our economy.
And I didn't like the view that " in a state as wonderful as Oregon, there are countless activities we can engage in for recreation that do not involve taking the life of an animal; it is possible that everyone can get their needs met."
If your need is to hunt animals like your father and his father, then it's a problem.
P.s. I have never hunted, just don't like state overreach.

#4 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2021-10-05 06:54 PM | Reply

I'm against sex with animal 503.

I don't know why you aren't.....

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2021-10-05 07:14 PM | Reply

You never met my wife ;)

#6 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2021-10-05 07:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

And..
Since this law considers artificial insemination sexual abuse of an animal....it would destroy ranching throughout the state.

#7 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2021-10-05 07:43 PM | Reply

You never met my wife ;)

#6 | POSTED BY 503JC69

Neither did you. ;)

#8 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-10-05 08:23 PM | Reply

Is it to much to ask that livestock be allowed to breed naturally?

FFS we are going to eat them.

Let them have a free range year.

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2021-10-05 09:24 PM | Reply

#2 No Zero - take it from someone with PTSD, you need to be removed from the slaughter.

#10 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2021-10-06 01:52 PM | Reply

Hunting some animal instead of eating tested food could be the cause of the next covid. Go to the store you wanna be cavemen. Shoot targets. Grow up.

#11 | Posted by Brennnn at 2021-10-07 05:23 PM | Reply