Friday, October 08, 2021

Hey @Twitter since I know your goal is to be fair and consistent regardless of politics will you be labeling this Joe Biden lie as misinformation that the vaccinated can't get or transmit covid? If not, why not? Thanks. pic.twitter.com/XVzIzrynyc " Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) October 7, 2021

Comments

Tell you what.

I'll go to a hospital where people are vaccinated and wear masks and you can go to a hospital where people do as they wish.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2021-10-08 04:33 PM | Reply

POSTED BY KWRX25

I don't suppose you would clarify whether you are pro or anti vaccinations?

I think I know which. Just want to hear it from you.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2021-10-08 04:42 PM | Reply

I'm not upset at all over a misspeak. He knows what's going on, he doesn't lie, he does mess up from time to time, and the rest of what he said is awfully damn powerful and important. What a stupid thing to obsess over. Especially in light of all the extremely postitive achievements he covered in this update.

The actual full presentation:
m.facebook.com

Anyone that gets their "news" from twitter or FB and doesn't examine what's going on is an idiot.

#3 | Posted by YAV at 2021-10-08 04:49 PM | Reply

"Joe knows you can still pass the virus when vaxed, right?"

You know the vaxxed carry a lower viral load than the unvaxxed, right?

You know the unvaxxed carry the viral load for a longer time than those with vaccines, right?

Can you guess what longer, heavier viral loads are more likely to do than shorter, lighter viral loads?

#4 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-10-08 04:50 PM | Reply

Not to mention the number of days someone that's vaccinated is contagious is substantially reduced from someone that is unvaccinated.

#5 | Posted by YAV at 2021-10-08 04:55 PM | Reply

Another Russian OP that has overdosed on horse paste.

#6 | Posted by a_monson at 2021-10-08 05:05 PM | Reply

#2 I am completely for Vaccinations

I also like to hold leaders to accuracy.

#4 All true, and should have been presented in that way, and not in an overstated efficacy way.

If this were Trump overstating something as important as this, Everyone here would be all over him.

#7 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-10-08 07:02 PM | Reply

Trump lied and over-overstated things that killed you, nonsense cures, --------, therapeutics, downplayed the virus and the threat of it, and hid getting vaccinated.

If Biden was doing all that, then I'd care.

There's a huge difference between lying to the people, deceiving people, all to maintain power, and a misstatement. Especially when he's been clear that the vaccine isn't 100%.

#8 | Posted by YAV at 2021-10-08 08:45 PM | Reply

He hasn't been clear on this... there are articles dating back to at least July where politifact is saying his statements are misleading. It's obvious Joe's faculties are declining if you don't care about what party someone belongs to.

#9 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-10-08 10:32 PM | Reply

"It's obvious Joe's faculties are declining"

Always a laugh, when coming from a Trump supporter.

Tell you what: I'll make a donation to your favorite charity if you can correctly diagram Trump's answer to Hannity as to what he would accomplish in his second term.

"One of the things that will be really great -- the word experience is still good, I always say talent is more important than experience, I've always said that -- but the word experience is a very important word, a very important meaning. I never did this before, never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington maybe 17 times and all of a sudden I'm the president of the United States, you know the story, riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady and I say this is great but I didn't know very many people in Washington, it wasn't my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York, and now I know everybody. And I have great people in the administration. You make some mistakes, like an idiot like Bolton, you don't have to drop bombs on everybody."

#10 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-10-08 10:44 PM | Reply

'Biden was more accurate when he said vaccinated people who catch COVID-19 are "not likely to get sick. You're probably going to be symptomless. You're not going to be in a position where your life is in danger."'

"Biden said, "You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations."

Biden exaggerated. CDC data shows that fully vaccinated people have gotten COVID-19, but these cases are rare. But it's important to note that vaccinated people are far more likely to avoid hospitalization or death.

We rate this statement Half True."

www.politifact.com

You were saying something about overstatement on your part?

#11 | Posted by YAV at 2021-10-08 10:55 PM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY DANFORTH AT 2021-10-08 04:50 PM | FLAG:

Unfortunately with Delta, now the dominant strain, the viral load being lower among vaccinated is not true. The rest of it generally is - while the viral load jumps equally as high, statistically the vaccinated do have less severe symptoms and for a shorter duration. Near as I understand it, the Delta variant is so virulent it ramps up to massively higher viral loads than others, faster than the immune system can respond - however once it begins to respond, the vaccinated immune system handles bringing it back down quicker and and with generally less symptoms than the unvaccinated can expect.

One of the reasons I tend to argue that unless we come up with a better vaccine, the coronavirus isn't going anywhere - it's now endemic. Of course, I'm not in any way arguing against getting vaccinated - you're still 5 times less likely to contract it - not really an impressive number, but far better than nothing - and 11 times less likely to die from it according to most recent CDC data.

I'm not at ALL siding with the antivaxxers, but unfortunately my standard left wing distrust of anything profit driven and disgust with money in politics doesn't have high hopes for a better vaccine to come out any time soon though. When you have Big Pharma rush out a vaccine under Trump that loses half it's efficacy against infection (not severe infection, that seems to retain 90% efficacy) in just 6 months seeing a likelihood of more profit from endless boosters bought with tax dollars from politicians with stock in their companies and bribery, er, lobbying as usual, to keep pushing mandates to force demand, there's not exactly a lot of motive for them to improve upon the situation.

Take that with a grain of salt. I think in the politicization of this vaccine we've ended up with a lot of Republicans pretending Covid is a conspiracy and the vaccine is somehow more dangerous than the virus when it is demonstrably not, both statistically and anecdotally as the place I work at hasn't lost one vaccinated patient, when we lost close to 20% of them in the initial wave of the virus, but I think we also have a lot of Democrats so eager to oppose Republican idiocy that they've enshrined this vacccine as perfect and unknowingly become as in denial of reality as Trump himself when he claimed one day the virus would magically "just disappear." It's VASTLY better than nothing, but we're going to have to accept at some point that even 100% vaccine compliance is not going to eliminate this virus, and we need to continue r&d as well as not letting down our guard despite the fact I think we're all universally "Covid fatigued."

#12 | Posted by zeropointnrg at 2021-10-09 12:35 PM | Reply

#12 There have been years where the flu vaccine is ~30% effective, and specifically because flu is endemic and always mutating.

The vaccines (the ones I'm aware of, anyway) target the spike protein based on our current understanding of immunology and molecular evolution. As in, that's the best place for a vaccine to target. Best as in, least likely to undergo dramatic changes which render the vaccine ineffective. They weren't designed at the biological level with the idea of having to get a new vaccine every year, any more than the flu vaccine was thought up to be a "subscription model" for health care expenditures.

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-10-09 12:47 PM | Reply

#13 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2021-10-09 12:47 PM | FLAG:

You're right on that count. I just don't trust big pharma, despite working in healthcare myself lol. Not that I believe they're inherently evil, or operating under some conspiracy - what's that line, nobody trusts pharmaceutical companies until they're saving their lives? (Apparently a lot of right wingers not even then.) - I just don't expect them to exactly strain themselves to break out of a profitable model either. Cynical in my middle years lol

#14 | Posted by zeropointnrg at 2021-10-09 01:02 PM | Reply

#10 not a Trump supporter at all... he's coo coo for cocoa puffs too. My world isn't binary.

#15 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-10-09 01:07 PM | Reply

I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to read Twitter either.

#16 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-10-09 05:18 PM | Reply

Viral loads tell you nothing about the infectiousness of the virus being measured. Just that the virus has replicated as much between the two populations.

Studies are showing reduced contagiousness in vaccinated individuals for all vaccines currently in use.

www.nbcnews.com

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2021-10-10 04:52 PM | Reply

He said they can't pass it. Period.

You'd hang Trump for overstated effectiveness...be consistent

#18 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-10-11 09:38 AM | Reply

He said they can't pass it. Period.

You'd hang Trump for overstated effectiveness...be consistent

#19 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-10-11 09:38 AM | Reply

He said they can't pass it. Period.

You'd hang Trump for overstated effectiveness...be consistent

#20 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-10-11 09:38 AM | Reply

He said they can't pass it. Period.

You'd hang Trump for overstated effectiveness...be consistent

#21 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-10-11 09:38 AM | Reply

He said they can't pass it. Period.

You'd hang Trump for overstated effectiveness...be consistent

#22 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-10-11 09:38 AM | Reply

He said they can't pass it. Period.

You'd hang Trump for overstated effectiveness...be consistent

#23 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-10-11 09:38 AM | Reply

He said they can't pass it. Period.

You'd hang Trump for overstated effectiveness...be consistent