Sunday, October 10, 2021

Police in Ohio pulled a paraplegic Black man from his vehicle and threw him to the ground during a traffic stop in Dayton, according to bodycam footage.

Comments

I had a spinal injury that persists to this day even though I can appear unhindered because powerful drugs mask the pain so I throw a in bunch of stops every 50 feet.I've had a few do gooders falsely report me for impaired driving and the cop that pulled me over treated me as I'm guilty until I prove I'm innocent.When I blew clean for booze he decided to waste an extra 2 hours for a RCMP drub expert to check me out as a last ditch effort to get the reported "drunk driver". Throughout this my biggest concern is not getting manhandled by the headstrong young mountie or his pals due to the fact I can end up seriously hurt just getting thrown to the ground.

#1 | Posted by Scotty at 2021-10-10 08:26 PM | Reply

The treatment of the man in the video was horrific and the officers should be fired. There were much better ways to handle that situation and no excuses for the way they did.

Scotty, based on what you described, you should not be driving,

#2 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2021-10-11 06:07 AM | Reply

#2 Ohio? They will get a medal for bravery.

#3 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-10-11 07:10 AM | Reply

"The officers followed the law, their training, and department policies and procedures,"

What does the law, department policies and procedures have to say about the handling of non compliant paraplegics? Just guessing but I don't think that it says they should be forcibly dragged out of their car by their hair.

It will be interesting to get a full reporting of the police statement. All that is being reported is that he was spotted leaving a drug house. Does "leaving" imply that he "walked" out of the house and drove away or just "drove away from" the house? A paraplegic would have required considerable assistance "walking" out of the house and getting into his car. If the guy was just driving away from a drug house, why is that probable cause to stop and search the car? Was that the only house on the block? Could the guy have pulled over in front of the house to use his phone? Had he been spotted there previously?

The cop dragging the victim out of the car was unaware of his condition as evidenced by him asking the victim "how did you get in the car". Was he not the same copy that filed the police report?

So many questions.

As in all of these cases, the police report had better match up with the video or the citizens of Dayton are going to be saddled with a big law suit.

#4 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2021-10-11 07:55 AM | Reply

Obviously they would not be violently pulling him from the car unless he had done something wrong. Cuz police don't do that to black people.

#5 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-10-11 03:24 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Cops are -------.

#6 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-10-11 09:48 PM | Reply

It would have taken that cop just a second or two to determine while the guy was sitting in his car if the guy was lying. Obviously, his vehicle was equipped for his needs... that's just for starters.

Dragging the guy out of his car was just a ------- thing to do to assert his authoritaiiii.

#7 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-10-12 06:56 AM | Reply