Wednesday, October 13, 2021

The Lincoln Project just released a video of a mock AT&T commercial bragging about their phone service while funding white nationalist hosts at the far-right network OAN.

Comments

Raw Story brings us the news no one else dares to report. I appreciate them and will try to eke out a contribution this month. ATT&T sucks and I'm just glad my cell phone and internet are not dependent upon them and never will be.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2021-10-13 11:01 AM | Reply

AT&T were the most helpful in allowing the dubya administration to start secretly spying on everyone.

#2 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-10-13 01:14 PM | Reply

Until changes in the telecommunications business were forced upon it, AT&T never had to advertise its services. I recall one of their earliest TV ads, with a bunch of old white executive-types sitting behind a table in a board room, and the tag line was 'The System is The Solution'. AT&T was out of touch then and continue to be today. The company needs to be continually shamed until they are forced to give up their support of OAN, which will stop broadcasting about five minutes later. That day and time cannot come soon enough...

#3 | Posted by catdog at 2021-10-13 01:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Their support of OAN is disgusting. I've dumped their stock, will change my phone service as soon as I am able. They will get no love (or more $$) from me.

#4 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-10-13 01:54 PM | Reply

AMEN!

This needs to run as a commercial across all channels.

#5 | Posted by YAV at 2021-10-13 02:50 PM | Reply

AT&T funded OAN with 10's of millions of dollars, carried it on the Uverse product and had DircTV carry it.
www.reuters.com

Bury AT&T. Now.

#6 | Posted by YAV at 2021-10-13 02:56 PM | Reply

I want changes to telecom rules too. Net Neutrality is a good start.

AT&T isn't the only player. In 2017, T-Mobile CEO stayed at the Old Post Office just to schmooz with Trump.

#7 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-10-14 12:21 PM | Reply

Changed from ATT to T-mobile this morning. Enough is enough.

#8 | Posted by e1g1 at 2021-10-14 01:30 PM | Reply