Thursday, October 21, 2021

The Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) on Wednesday gave its approval for Americans to get booster shots that are different from the COVID vaccine they initially received.

Comments

This definitely makes me want a Moderna booster for my two shots of Pfizer.

#1 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-10-21 07:34 PM | Reply

Saying the FDA has given permission is meh...

Could just as easily be reported as the data says-heterologous boosters induce better responses. Especially if you had J&J or Pfizer and get Moderna booster.

#2 | Posted by jpw at 2021-10-22 01:15 AM | Reply

"I'm gonna be looking for Moderna boosters for the wife and I. We both had Pfizer shots for our primary inoculations."

Do you think it's better to mix & match? For example, I got a pair of Pfizers, and the bride got two Modernas. Should we each switch for the booster?

#3 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-10-22 01:43 AM | Reply

#3 I don't think we have enough data to answer that specific question, at least not according to USA Today www.usatoday.com But I also don't think we'll be surprised if we eventually see that mix and match conveys a bit more protection.

Also, be sure and kiss by each sticking your tongues out and touching tips. That's how the cool kids are doing it.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-10-22 09:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"What about boostering by eating an Ivermectin and jelly sandwich while washing it down with a glass of Clorox? Why won't the FDA tell us what we really need to know? What are they hiding?"

-MAGAts

#5 | Posted by censored at 2021-10-22 11:52 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

It's my understanding that mix and match is best, particularly if you get an mRNA booster after a J&J primary.

If you've had mRNA already it seems that even getting the same provides a significant boost, even against variants.

Getting a mix and match is at least as good, I'll do it with the hope it might be better.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2021-10-22 12:08 PM | Reply