Monday, October 25, 2021

David Schoenfield: Here we go, the Houston Astros versus the Atlanta Braves for World Series glory.

Comments

I predict Braves in 6.

#1 | Posted by jakester at 2021-10-25 01:16 PM | Reply

World Series played in Atlanta, GA?
Or will the league move it to Denver, CO? ;)

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-10-25 01:54 PM | Reply

#2 - Manfred is likely to get booed presenting the trophy regardless who wins. The fans of both teams have no love for him.

#3 | Posted by jakester at 2021-10-25 01:58 PM | Reply

Astros in 5. Braves win one game 3.

#4 | Posted by memyselfini at 2021-10-25 02:56 PM | Reply

The Insurrectionist World Series.

Meh. Hope they both lose.

#5 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2021-10-25 03:05 PM | Reply

I think Braves because they had a bumpy start to the season, but pulled themselves together. I don't think they're going to lose that momentum. Houston does have the extra home game advantage if it gets to game 7, though.

#6 | Posted by jakester at 2021-10-25 03:11 PM | Reply

Asterisks vs Tomahawk Choppers. Who cares?

#7 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-10-25 04:00 PM | Reply

Looks like the bookies are going with the Braves. Not that that means anything. It's not over 'til the fat lady sings.

Regardless, I think it's going to be a good series, and not a blowout. I like seeing it go into 6 or 7 games.

#8 | Posted by jakester at 2021-10-25 11:35 PM | Reply

MLB is lucky these games are being played in southern cities, one with a domed stadium. As a youngster I attended many WS games to watch the Big Red Machine play Baltimore, Oakland, Boston and the Yanks. It got cold at night in mid-October in Cincinnati, on the banks of the Ohio River. Attending a WS game, at night, in November, in a northern clime, knowing the game would last for four hours, is less appealing then a double root canal. If these games took less than three hours many more would watch, but who has the time to watch this demonstration of paint drying? TV and MLB have ruined what was once a great spectacle...

#9 | Posted by catdog at 2021-10-26 09:33 AM | Reply

Dude, how old ARE you?

#10 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-10-26 03:02 PM | Reply

#9 Catdog.
Lived in Cleveland and got a ticket to game 2 of the 1990 world series.Reds vs. A's
Kind of chilly,right up until seventh inning when I caught foul ball off the bat of Mariano Duncan.
Rest of the night was blur.

#11 | Posted by Docman at 2021-10-26 05:17 PM | Reply

And the Braves are off to a roaring start in Game 1.

#12 | Posted by jakester at 2021-10-26 09:48 PM | Reply

Braves take game 1 6-2 away from home.

I know there's a lot of ball playing to go on, but this puts me a little closer to my prediction of Braves in 6. It might even be 5 given the Braves did so well in Houston. But I'm staying with Braves in 6.

#13 | Posted by jakester at 2021-10-27 12:20 AM | Reply

Series tied 1-1

Braves were weak, Astros strong in the second game.

Still sticking with Braves in 6, though. Next three games are in Atlanta.

#14 | Posted by jakester at 2021-10-28 04:50 AM | Reply