Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Mort Sahl, the acerbic 1950s comic whose pioneering style paved the way for such boundary-breaking comedians such as Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor and George Carlin died Tuesday at his home in Mill Valley, CA. He was 94.

Comments

Here's a better article if you do so give a ---- even.

dnyuz.com

#1 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2021-10-26 06:58 PM | Reply

Ok I did not know he was still alive. RIP

#2 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-10-26 07:08 PM | Reply

"Cops would come to Lenny Bruce's show, wait for him to be obscene, and arrest him. 5 times I replaced him because of that, and I was never never arrested. So, either I had a clean act, or I never met a cop who knew what I was talking about."

Mort Sahl, 1927-2021
RIP

#3 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2021-10-26 09:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Imagine this guy doing stand up in today's ridiculous culture. He'd be cancelled so dang fast!

#4 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-10-26 09:18 PM | Reply

Imagine you having an actual point besides the one under your hat.

#5 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-10-27 09:46 AM | Reply

He's literally 'mort' now.

#6 | Posted by jakester at 2021-10-27 11:21 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Lee's point was spot on to anyone who ever actually listened to Mort Sahl.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2021-10-27 11:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Stephen Colbert is today's Mort Sahl.
Watching his current Youtube clips brings a dash of Lenny into the mix.

#8 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-10-27 01:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I know nothing of him but reading the articles I think I would have loved him.

#9 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-10-27 03:03 PM | Reply