Thursday, November 18, 2021

Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a series of vaccine bills Thursday to hobble coronavirus vaccine mandates in businesses and ban vaccine mandates in schools.

Comments

The Republican governor's campaign said they picked the small Tampa suburb of Brandon as the place for his signing of the bill opposing White House vaccine mandates Thursday, trolling President Joe Biden by referring to what has become a popular stand-in for swearing at the president.

The "Let's Go Brandon" line has grown in popularity among Republicans who want to boost their credentials among the party's hard-core base.

The governor has become a star in the GOP through his opposition to lockdowns and other virus rules, boosting his profile as he runs for reelection and eyes a possible 2024 presidential run.

The state health department, which is led by Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo, who opposes mandates, will be tasked with defining standards for the exemptions.

The measure also includes fines for businesses that fire a worker without allowing the exemptions. Additionally, it bars schools and governments in the state from having vaccine mandates and allows parents to sue schools with masking requirements. Another bill blocks the public release of records regarding state investigations of vaccine policies in businesses.

Below is a breakdown from the governor's office of how the new law with affect businesses and schools:
excerpts, see link

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2021-11-18 06:17 PM | Reply

"Your body, our choice." - The QOP

In texas, republicans made it legal to rape a woman and force her to have the baby. In florida, you are free to infect people against their will with covid, polio, smallpox; any disease you want.

#2 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2021-11-18 06:20 PM | Reply

Decades of progress in our nation has come to a screeching halt thanks to the selfish attitudes of morons.

#3 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-11-18 06:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

The party against government regulation cheers for these government regulations.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-11-19 12:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Further solidifying his nickname as "DeathSantis."

What logical person could possibly consider his actions responsible in the middle of a pandemic that's still infecting hundreds of thousands a day and killing 1000-2000+ people a day?

#5 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-11-19 01:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

More fine leadership from the criminally negligent party.

#6 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-11-19 01:43 AM | Reply

Governor Florida Man

Say what you will, but he truly is a Man of His People.

Also, wondering whether he uses Shinola or Trump's turds to dye his hair.

#7 | Posted by censored at 2021-11-19 06:12 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

You know, I am so tired of these d-bags.

I certainly understand that the vaccine doesn't cure all. It was never supposed to but the advent of Delta made it less effective.

I certainly understand wearing a mask is inconvenient and some people actually struggle with it but it is the most effective tool we have for fighting this disease.

I certainly understand we want our Freedom, but with Freedom comes responsibility. In fact GREAT responsibility and to me it seems that the GOP has all together turned their collective backs on responsibility.

I received word last night that one of my best friends for 30 years is in the ICU with COVID-19. He happens to live in Texas today. He has been a conservative for ever but a some times reasonable one - he actually voted for Biden and has been vaccinated. Of course he has multiple conditions that make him vulnerable. He wasn't anti-mask but he didn't like masks but was too proud to tell me why he wore a mask as little as he did. Turns out he has a true phobia. When they moved him to the ICU they had to drug him so he would keep his O2 mask on. But the bottom line is the selfishness of Americans is the reason why most of the people suffering from severe cases of COVID like him are in the hospital, dying or dead today.

SELFISHNESS egged on by political hacks seeking an autocracy manipulating ignorant and foolish people.

#8 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-11-19 09:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

The only solace I have is that we take protecting ourselves seriously for the most part in Vegas. We all live too close together and have too many people coming in not to. Of course there are the exceptions here, but 90 percent of people are compliant.

I just got back from a week in Dallas, and it's just like the brochure, I had to see it to believe it. I feel awful for the good people stuck in these horrible places run by even more horrible people.

I never thought people would devolve so much or so quickly...especially in the richest country in the world.

It's beyond appalling.

#9 | Posted by bocaink at 2021-11-19 09:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I was raised in Brandon from 3rd grade to graduation. First, the lakes behind my neighborhood were searched for Carole Baskin's husband's body because some rumors. Discovery or Science Channel or one of those had an episode all about it after the Tiger King series. And now this. Hey, at least it's not because of face eating I guess. I love living in Florida, there's always entertainment right around the corner.

#10 | Posted by humtake at 2021-11-20 10:04 AM | Reply

""It's your body. God gave it to you. It's your body," Ladapo said Thursday, followed by a round of applause from the crowd in Brandon."

I told you guys and gals that by raising the by of hypocrisy during Trump's term, the Reps are just going to try to one-up you, and here we are. The only question now is whether it is by design or if they are really just that stupid and blind. I'm going with the latter but many Libs have tried for a long time to convince me that a doozy like W is smart enough to strategize an inside 9/11 job, so I guess anything is possible when it's the Reps.

#11 | Posted by humtake at 2021-11-20 10:11 AM | Reply