Friday, November 19, 2021

House Democrats have voted to pass President Joe Biden's sweeping $1.9 trillion social safety net expansion legislation, a victory for the party even as the legislation faces a tough road ahead in the Senate.

Comments

That's nice.

#1 | Posted by JOE at 2021-11-19 10:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 8

Thread done...took the words out of my mouth because nothing more can be said.

#2 | Posted by bocaink at 2021-11-19 10:29 AM | Reply

Billions for Joe and his Democrat cronies and pennies for the rest of us. Poor and middle class will pay for it many times over with inflation.

#3 | Posted by visitor_ at 2021-11-19 10:34 AM | Reply

" Billions for Joe and his Democrat cronies ... "

Here comes the Republican Math. Grab your shovel and don't forget your galoshes.

#4 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-11-19 10:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I take that back, nothing more of any level of intelligence can be said.

#5 | Posted by bocaink at 2021-11-19 10:39 AM | Reply

I'd like to think that Keven McCarthy feels like a fool this morning. But I doubt it. He already was one.

I really don't know what he hoped to accomplish. It was a done deal from the git-go.

What's that quote again:

If the facts are against you, argue the law.
If the law is against you, argue the facts.
If the law and the facts are against you,
Pound the table and yell like hell.

(Carl Sandburg)

Kevin McCarthy IS that fool.

#6 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-11-19 10:43 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Spending 1% of GDP on popular programs isn't a bad idea. Only a FoxNews trumpeting parrot would say otherwise.

#7 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2021-11-19 10:50 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I'd like to think that Keven McCarthy feels like a fool this morning.

#8 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-11-19 10:53 AM | Reply

"Too bad a coal baron who lives on a yacht won't let America enter the first world."

If you made a movie out of this, people would find it so far-fetched as to be ridiculous. Like some kind of cartoon villain.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-11-19 10:58 AM | Reply

$4.8 trillion spending so far in under a year. GDP is only 21. On track for 150% debt to GDP by the time the Republicans take back the house in 2022. It'll be a continual race to keep borrowing more until rates go up.

#10 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-11-19 10:58 AM | Reply

NIXON

"The GQP cries over the cost ring very hollow after passing the tax scam that is adding trillions to the debt."

With no sunset clause, to boot.

#11 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-11-19 11:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"$4.8 trillion spending so far in under a year. GDP is only 21."

Well then a 20% tax on all that GDP should cover literally all of our spending.
Pretty sure my income tax rate is well over 20%. But if it's not, I could afford a few points more.

Who's not pulling their weight?

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-11-19 11:06 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#3 | Posted by visitor_ at 2021-11-19 10:34 AM | Reply

Won't that trickle down though?

#13 | Posted by eightfifteenpm at 2021-11-19 11:07 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Being concerned about the deficit is so pre-Trump. It's like the TEA Party got deported.

#14 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2021-11-19 11:12 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

"That was the purpose of Trump's tax scam, wasn't it? Take it all for themselves so there's nothing left for anybody else? With no sunset clause, to boot."

Now what was it Trump said to all his wealthy tax scan beneficiaries at that celebration party at Lardo-a-Lago?

"You all got a lot richer."

#15 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-11-19 11:13 AM | Reply

Another bfd.

I'll take Sleepy Joe Biden's senility over the Trumpanzee's any day of the week. Suck it clowns.

#16 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-11-19 11:13 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

I calculated that Trump put in a whole big 3-hour work week when he was president, including his "executive time" watching Fox News.

#17 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-11-19 11:26 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

Where was your "woe is me" attitude every time the GOP gives a "tax break" that is 90% to the 1% with the middle class shouldering the burden?

#18 | Posted by jpw at 2021-11-19 11:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Is this the ones with the civilian climate corps?

#19 | Posted by Tor at 2021-11-19 11:33 AM | Reply

Is this the ones with the civilian climate corps?

#20 | Posted by Tor at 2021-11-19 11:33 AM | Reply

Well then a 20% tax on all that GDP
#12 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2021-11-19 11:06 AM | FLAG:

GDP calculation already includes tax revenue.

#21 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-11-19 11:53 AM | Reply

Civilian Climate Corp funding is piecemeal. The only straight funding bill on it hasn't gone anywhere. There's $15 billion in the infrastructure bill earmarked for it.

#22 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-11-19 11:55 AM | Reply

"GDP calculation already includes tax revenue."

In that case, we can boost GDP just by raising taxes!

I'll be sure and mention you in my acceptance speech when I receive the Nobel Prize in Economics.

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-11-19 11:58 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Poor and middle class will pay for it many times over with inflation.

#3 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

Hack.

That's not what is causing inflation or we wouldn't see inflation world wide.

Why do you even post? You sound like an idiot every time.

#24 | Posted by Sycophant at 2021-11-19 12:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#3 | POSTED BY VISITOR_
#18 | POSTED BY JPW

His head is so far up Trump's ass, he can't see when those bills are passed.

#25 | Posted by Sycophant at 2021-11-19 12:06 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

It's not Biden's fault if you made bad choices and now your finances are suffering under inflation as a result.

Why is it the Party of Personal Responsibility never wants to take responsibility for their own bad decisions?

I swear, a puppy that's been housetrained has a firner grasp on the concept of Cause and Effect than most Conservatives do.

#26 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-11-19 12:15 PM | Reply

In that case, we can boost GDP just by raising taxes!

#23 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2021-11-19 11:58 AM | FLAG:

Infinite Taxes, Infinite GDP. I'll take half that prize thank you.

#27 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-11-19 12:29 PM | Reply

Remember this cl0wns... Trumptidumped was a one-term president... for a reason... I mean who knew the presidency could be so complicated?

Oh... Jimmy Carter did a better job than Trumpanzee.

#28 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-11-19 12:53 PM | Reply

Billions for Joe and his Democrat cronies
#3 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

If anyone ever needs proof Trumpers are fkkking brain dead, look no further than Visitor's posts.

#29 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-11-19 01:05 PM | Reply

"Oh... Jimmy Carter did a better job than Trumpanzee."

I do hope Mr. Carter called Trump to console him.

I can only imagine how much his kindness would offend a cartoon villain like Trump.

#30 | Posted by Tor at 2021-11-19 01:10 PM | Reply

This 1.9T deal maybe DOA. The question is, do we gain more by fighting for it and losing or by biding our time? It seems like a lose-lose situation. Unless, by some highly unlikely means, the GOP in the Senate finds a very good reason to support it. Pushing legislation that we know will not be enacted is one of the many parts of our political process I detest.

Please, Lord, prove me wrong once again.

#31 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-11-19 01:18 PM | Reply

I love it how whenever you get your face rubbed in your own pile you're response is "hah! Gotcha! Look at all the poop on my face!"

#35 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2021-11-19 10:32 AM | FLAG:
(CHOOSE)

Cool, now that the Dems snuck the state real estate tax deduction back in I won't feel so bad about paying them.

#32 | Posted by fishpaw at 2021-11-19 01:29 PM | Reply

Must be a slow news day.

#33 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-11-19 02:04 PM | Reply

This is awesome and a great step forward for 99% of Americans! YES!

#34 | Posted by YAV at 2021-11-19 02:05 PM | Reply

Wow. Good news everyone!!

Why this bill is almost as good as Trumpy's healthcare bill which was cheaper and better than anything ever!! (But only in Trumpy's imagination.)

Too bad the Republicans couldn't pass something like this. Too bad they were so busy dividing and destroying America to get any real work done

Heck if the Republicans could ever learn how to actually govern instead of destroying and undermining government we might actually already have nice things in America by now.

#35 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-11-19 02:06 PM | Reply

Democrats truly are making America great again.

#36 | Posted by Tor at 2021-11-19 03:08 PM | Reply

I want my handouts already, what's taking so long. I don't care how it's paid for, gimme the money. Free stuff. I don't need childcare. I'm a little old for college.Just send me the Cash.

Or get me some of that Free Healthcare.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

#37 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2021-11-20 12:52 AM | Reply

#37 - then you're an idiot.

#38 | Posted by YAV at 2021-11-20 09:20 AM | Reply

#37 Why aren't you on permanent disability? You're pretty obviously incapable of working.

#39 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-11-20 10:00 AM | Reply