Friday, November 19, 2021

The decades-long odyssey to find the remains of former Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa apparently has turned to a former New Jersey landfill that sits below an elevated highway.

Comments

Hard to believe it's been there for almost a century!

#1 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-11-19 05:27 PM | Reply

Jimmy Hoffa disappeared 46 years ago.

OCU

#2 | Posted by OCUser at 2021-11-19 06:05 PM | Reply

@#1 ... The Pulaski Skyway is definitely one of the more standout features of the skyline in that area. ...

Yup.

It's a major thoroughfare in the area for cars. It is US1/9 in the area, US1 and US9 share the same pavement for a stretch in the area.

I used to drive on it a lot, as it was a part of the route from my home at the time to college in Hoboken, NJ.

Fun road to drive on (your definition of "fun" may vary...).

Back when it was built, speed limits were a lot lower and lanes did not have to be wide. A Jersey Barrier ( en.wikipedia.org ) was the only thing between you and oncoming traffic.

Pulaski Skyway full view
commons.wikimedia.org

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-11-19 07:30 PM | Reply

Bonus points if you know who the heck Pulaski is!

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-11-19 08:55 PM | Reply

@#4 ... Bonus points if you know who the heck Pulaski is! ...

Back in the day, I knew. My college friends and I talked about it. But over the years, the brain cells containing those memories have been repurposed.

Casimir Pulaski
en.wikipedia.org
blockquote>...Kazimierz Micha Wadysaw Wiktor Puaski of lepowron (Polish pronunciation: [kaimj puwaski] (About this soundlisten); Casimir Pulaski /k ... .z.m'r p'l ... .ski/; March 4 or March 6, 1745[1] " October 11, 1779) was a Polish nobleman,[b] soldier and military commander who has been called, together with his counterpart Michael Kovats de Fabriczy, "the father of the American cavalry." ...[emphasis mine]

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-11-19 09:08 PM | Reply

Bet they find Geraldo Rivera .

#6 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2021-11-20 09:51 AM | Reply

I object. This article makes Italian American bias worse. They should let Mr Hoffa rest in peace. Just yesterday someone asked me if I knew Hoffa because both of us are certainly in the mafia.
My answer was AH FOUND GOLD..

#7 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2021-11-20 11:48 AM | Reply

Even though transporting Hoffa's remains from MI to NJ to dispose of them seems a stretch, I doubt there's a manual for this sort of frolic. Must be why I can't help landing on the "Sopranos" opening scene (youtu.be), Tony driving by Satriale's.

#8 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2021-11-21 08:09 AM | Reply