Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Target said Monday that it will close all of its stores on Thanksgiving every year from 2021 on. Target closed stores last year on Thanksgiving due to the pandemic and had previously announced it will close this Thanksgiving too. "What started as a temporary measure driven by the pandemic is now our new standard," Target CEO Brian Cornell said in a note to employees.

Comments

Another reason to give thanks on that day.

#1 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2021-11-23 04:44 PM | Reply

But what about those of us who do not give thanks?

This Target policy discriminates against ingrates!

#2 | Posted by censored at 2021-11-23 04:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

But I need to buy some garbage that I will throw away in a few years!

#3 | Posted by Brennnn at 2021-11-23 07:06 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2021-11-23 07:11 PM | Reply

All Target is is a higher price plasticated store. Do they still have tiled flooring instead of that ridiculous polished concrete flooring at least?

#5 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2021-11-23 07:18 PM | Reply

It really would only be decent for mega stores to gives all their employees the day off four times a year. #4 | Posted by Tor at 2021-11-23 07:11 PM

"Employees can take the entire year off if they want. Don't count on getting paid though. Am I not merciful!?!"
-Commodus Walmart

#6 | Posted by censored at 2021-11-23 07:25 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Closed Thanksgiving guards against Tide Pod smash & grab.

#7 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-11-24 02:23 AM | Reply

LESWIT

And don't forget the "big toilet paper stampede."

The cause of which I'll never understand.

#8 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-11-24 05:55 AM | Reply

Target was open on Thanksgiving?

#9 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2021-11-24 10:48 AM | Reply

Plastic Target shopping carts are just horrible. They make the weirdest noises.

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2021-11-24 10:51 AM | Reply

This is a good, human-centered decision by Target. I try to avoid big box stores at all cost, but in the event i need one i will seek out companies like Target who treat their employees like people.

#11 | Posted by JOE at 2021-11-24 10:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Wow. I agree with Joe.

#12 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-11-24 11:03 AM | Reply

I have a couple of contractors currently working a job for me. They were actually apologetic that they won't work Thanksgiving and as it turns out this year it's also a birthday. I was floored. I made it very clear that my expectation is they would not work on Thanksgiving.

#13 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-11-24 11:05 AM | Reply

And don't forget the "big toilet paper stampede."

The cause of which I'll never understand.

#8 | Posted by Twinpac

SOCIAL MEDIA, also the cause of the Q movement which I will never understand. That's all you need to know. Something stupid happens? It probably started "on the internet."

#14 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-11-24 12:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Toilet paper is valuable in a lockdown situation. You don't want to run out of it and have to resort to using newspaper or magazines.

#15 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2021-11-24 12:27 PM | Reply

C'mon people...get it together, and make your foodstuff and sundry purchases no later than the day before any holiday.

#16 | Posted by john47 at 2021-11-24 01:36 PM | Reply