Wednesday, November 24, 2021

A patch of virtual real estate in the online world Decentraland sold for a record $2.4 million worth of cryptocurrency, the buyer crypto investor Tokens.com (COIN.NLB) and Decentraland said on Tuesday.

Comments

More from the article...

...Decentraland is an online environment - also called a "metaverse" - where users can buy land, visit buildings, walk around and meet people as avatars.

Such environments have grown in popularity this year, as the pandemic caused people to spend more time online....

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-11-24 12:18 PM | Reply

Who owns the mineral rights on the virtual plots of land?
Will be an important variable in the meta verse.

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-11-24 12:19 PM | Reply

Good God what nutbars. Who would do something this foolish. God damnit it's not even real property.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2021-11-24 12:23 PM | Reply

Who would do something this foolish. God damnit it's not even real property.

Are they the fools?

Or do we lack the foresight?

#4 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-11-24 12:26 PM | Reply

@#4

Lately, I've been tending towards the latter.

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-11-24 02:25 PM | Reply

Agreed.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-11-24 02:26 PM | Reply

3 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR
You'll be in the digital gulag with that mindset

#7 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-11-24 02:57 PM | Reply

I'm beginning to embrace this Black Mirror future with digital workspaces - WFH is already here for many,, digital assets and environments, as an extension of one's being.

I don't have anything metaverse-related yet, but count me as slightly interested.

#8 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-11-24 03:00 PM | Reply

#8 Cryptovoxels is way more chill than Decentraland. Worth checking out and walking around.

#9 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2021-11-24 05:04 PM | Reply

- Cryptovoxels

looks interesting... thanks, man!

nftplazas.com

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2021-11-24 05:37 PM | Reply

I remember when people were paying crazy prices for "land" in Second Life. I bet they feel like suckers now.

#11 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-11-24 07:33 PM | Reply

Since I have never spent one second in RCADE gulag I don't believe one exists.

#12 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2021-11-24 07:39 PM | Reply

Buy fake ---- with fake currency. Neat ... ..

#13 | Posted by a_monson at 2021-11-24 09:18 PM | Reply

MONSON

That was my question as well. Monopoly money or real money?

#14 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-11-25 01:44 AM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY INDIANAJONES

Spent about 5mins browsing the site yesterday. Looks interesting! The comparison to Minecraft (in graphics), is also a great visualization on proof of use. Im excited to see how this field develops.
{also commenting here to save this thread in my history to return to when I have more free time}

#15 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2021-11-25 11:02 AM | Reply

#15 | POSTED BY GONOLES92 AT 2021-11-25 11:02 AM | FLAG:

Ha! I've done this too.

#16 | Posted by cbob at 2021-11-25 03:20 PM | Reply

So basically it's a 2.4 million dollar advertising campaign??

#17 | Posted by ScottE at 2021-11-26 02:23 PM | Reply