Thursday, November 25, 2021

The former prosecutor charged with misconduct in the Ahmaud Arbery case was booked into a Georgia jail the same day three men were convicted of murdering the Black jogger.

Comments

From the cited article...

...The 49-year-old Johnson allegedly used her authority to discourage police from making arrests in the 25-year-old Arbery's killing...

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-11-25 08:05 PM | Reply

www.msn.com

...Johnson is also accused of violating her district attorney oath by "showing favor and affection to Greg McMichael during the investigation," according to the indictment. ...

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-11-25 08:10 PM | Reply

Any word yet on the condition of her toenails?

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-11-25 08:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Great, just when I thought I was the new hero of the far right ...
-Kyle Rittenhouse, pawn

This lady deserves everything she gets. And probably more.

#4 | Posted by catdog at 2021-11-25 10:35 PM | Reply

This lady deserves everything she gets. And probably more.

Every case that she has prosecuted needs to be reviewed to determine if she showed favoritism in those cases. If so, the charges should be updated to include those new charges. Furthermore, every case where favoritism was shown should be thrown out and a new trial authorized with the jurisdiction of the Brunswick Judicial Circuit paying the legal expenses of the defendants.

#5 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2021-11-26 06:28 AM | Reply

I vehemently disagree with the Headline. To me, mishandled means, an oversight, or procedural error. It was intentional and I hope they land on her hard.

#6 | Posted by mattm at 2021-11-26 12:30 PM | Reply

FTA:
Greg McMichael [father] had worked as an investigator in Johnson's [DA] office, having retired in 2019. Evidence introduced in pretrial hearings in the murder case shows he called Johnson's cellphone and left her a voice message soon after the shooting occurred.

"Jackie, this is Greg," he said, according to a recording of the call included in the public case file. "Could you call me as soon as you possibly can? My son and I have been involved in a shooting and I need some advice right away."

#7 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2021-11-26 01:06 PM | Reply

If she did indeed show favoritism - throw the book at her. From what I have read of this, she is most likely guilty of abuse of office but the trial will show the evidence. However I don't know if there would have been any accusations if this didn't grab national attention. Please note, I'm not saying it's right - it is what I think is the norm. DAs seem to usually favor the police and those they work with regularly. Whether it is taking their word over others or worse. I don't know if he called his lawyer or not - should have been his first call.

#8 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-11-26 02:10 PM | Reply

Thank goodness there was video of Arbery's murder

#9 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-11-26 04:20 PM | Reply

Again, there is no systemic racism in our system, right?

#10 | Posted by Sycophant at 2021-11-27 11:14 AM | Reply