Saturday, November 27, 2021

The cactus was sold on Walmart's website as an educational toy for about $26 and sings songs in English, Spanish and Polish.

Comments

More from the article...

... But Tanner, who is Polish, said when she listened to the Polish lyrics, the cactus was singing about doing cocaine, drug abuse, suicide, depression and used profanities.

"It just so happens that I am Polish and when I started to listen to the songs and I heard the words," she said. "I was in shock. I thought what is this some kind of joke?"

The song is by Polish Rapper Cypis, who is reportedly unaware his song was used by the Chinese manufacturer of the children's toy. ...

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-11-27 11:32 AM | Reply

Paska perse means "Merry Christmas" in Finnish. Or so I've been told.

#2 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-11-27 12:21 PM | Reply

Paska perse means "Merry Christmas" in Finnish.

Not that I recall.

#3 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-11-27 12:27 PM | Reply

@#2

I just popped "Paska perse" into google's translate.

It was detected as being Finnish, but "Merry Christmas" were not the words that appeared in English.

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-11-27 12:28 PM | Reply

When I was in high school there was a Finnish exchange student. He told that to everybody, including teachers. It was hilarious.

#5 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-11-27 02:29 PM | Reply

It was a world prior to Google.

#6 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-11-27 02:30 PM | Reply

It's not. I know what "Merry Christmas" is in Finnish, but I certainly can't spell it.

#7 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-11-27 02:50 PM | Reply

Hyvaa joulua

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-11-27 02:53 PM | Reply

Hyvaa joulua

Close enough.

#9 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-11-27 02:59 PM | Reply

Can't make fancy letters on the DR.

So. That's as close as it can get.

#10 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-11-27 03:00 PM | Reply

Ya see? This just proves why we need to make"American" our national language!

#11 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-11-28 01:06 PM | Reply

Paska perse means "Merry Christmas" in Finnish. Or so I've been told.

#2 | Posted by LegallyYourDead

Pull up Google Translate and select Finnish where it says "Detect language."

Type or paste "Paska perse" in the box. It means something but not "Merry Christmas" LOL

#12 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-11-29 06:42 AM | Reply

Tacocat spelled backwards is displayed on Amazon by typing Secret Hitler in "All" category.

#13 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-11-29 05:27 PM | Reply