Monday, November 29, 2021

Raw throats, burning eyes, strong acid smells. Air monitoring that showed chemicals linked to leukemia. Barbara Weckesser and her neighbors told regulators that air pollution was making them sick. The law let them ignore her.

Comments

Another Biden failure.

#1 | Posted by Angrydad at 2021-11-29 09:57 PM | Reply

I missed something here. How is it Biden's fault when this was happening in 2010? Biden has barely been in office for a year.

There's been Bush, Obama, and Trump, before him during that time.

Guess this is a pick your favorite to claim the fault of eh? Or maybe you're just bias.

#2 | Posted by BBQ at 2021-11-30 12:04 AM | Reply

#2 | Posted by BBQ

facetious
/f's"SH's/

adjective
adjective: facetious

treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
"a facetious remark"

#3 | Posted by Angrydad at 2021-11-30 06:48 AM | Reply

AD-I LOL'd when I read your comment-good one!

#4 | Posted by Yodagirl at 2021-11-30 09:01 AM | Reply

Of course they knew. They always know.

It's just that sadly, in a capitalist society like ours, property and profit are still more important than the people.

#5 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-11-30 10:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#5 | Posted by donnerboy

#6 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-11-30 11:18 AM | Reply

Oh and Mississippi. Do I need to say more?

#7 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-11-30 11:21 AM | Reply

Biden has been in politics longer than most of you have been alive. So yes thanks Joe.

#8 | Posted by visitor_ at 2021-11-30 02:07 PM | Reply

property and profit are still more important than the people.

Every single damn time.

And the GOP will tell the poor rubes being poisoned that it is important to let the companies poison them because of jobs jobs jobs that never really materialize.

#9 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-11-30 02:52 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

PRETTY SURE he was never a representative of or held office in Mississippi.

But don't let any inconvenient facts get in the way of your narrative.

#10 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2021-11-30 10:00 PM | Reply

#11 | Posted by visitor_ at 2021-12-01 08:00 AM | Reply

"That is truly sort of a major feature of free reign capitalism. Humans are given a cost like anything else."

Very true. But it's better than Socialism where humans aren't valued at all or Communism where a human's value is only as much as can be taken from them forcefully. I mean, that's just my opinion and I have no problem with people having differing opinions. But you can't redefine what I said because, in context, it's realistically as correct as the quoted statement.

So you either want to be valued, not valued, or treated as a commodity only. Pick your poison. Of the three, of course. I'd love to hear of better options.

#12 | Posted by humtake at 2021-12-01 12:33 PM | Reply

"Biden held national offices much of time. EPA is a federal agency. He was VP for eight years FFS. Are those facts inconvenient enough for you?"

The sentiment being made is absolutely correct. I mean, blaming Biden for all environmental issues isn't right but since both parties have already set the precedent MANY times that the current POTUS is responsible for all negatives happening during his tenure, we HAVE to blame Biden to be consistent. Or, will DR Liberals actually agree to not blame all of the country's problems on the next Rep in office and actually think logically and critically and blame the person/group who should be blamed? Once I see that happen, I will definitely hold Reps accountable for blaming all problems on a Dem POTUS without logic. But, since I haven't seen that happen in my lifetime, I highly doubt I'll see it anytime soon.

#13 | Posted by humtake at 2021-12-01 12:36 PM | Reply