Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Yesterday evening while my family and I were at work, someone broke into my home. My dogs ran the intruder off. This was the response shortly after a neighbor called. My home needed help and all it received was hurt. #AnimalCruelty

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Comments

Pf the po-lice.

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-12-01 12:18 PM | Reply

The unbridled rage he displays is all I need to see to know that there is something seriously mentally wrong with that cop. That tiny little dog isn't hurting him. He shouldn't be on the force. He should probably be in a mental institution.

#2 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-12-01 07:21 PM | Reply

I wish to retract my statement in #2. That was inappropriate of me to jump to conclusions about that officer based on the short video clip. That post was an emotional response to an intense scene. I don't know if the person who posted the video gave an honest accounting of what really happened.

#3 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-12-01 07:40 PM | Reply

#3 according to the police department they were called there because they received complaints of a pit bull at that address aggressively charging people and it allegedly bit a kid. They also relieved the officer's body cam footage which supposedly puts the incident in a different light, although I haven't seen that footage.

#4 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-12-01 07:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

That sounds like a load of ----, cause there is no way a cop is going to charge a supposedly aggressive pit bull and start kicking. And of course we should ALWAYS trust the initial reports from the police in these types of incidents!

#5 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-12-01 07:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

www.foxnews.com

here is the footage from the officer's perspective. The dogs were acting somewhat aggressively but were backing off the officer. He clearly lost his temper at the dogs early on (I will even admit that it is understandable-I recently had a run in with an aggressive dog and it definitely disconcerted me). Kicking the dog definitely seems out of line to me, though

#6 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-12-01 08:02 PM | Reply

BTW i believe the police are acting responsibly and reasonably, releasing the bodycam footage in a timely manner, makes one wonder why they don't in more serious cases (i.e. when people are shot and killed).

#7 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-12-01 08:04 PM | Reply

The Dogs, unlike the officer, were trying to do what they thought was right to protect their home.

#8 | Posted by Scotty at 2021-12-01 11:08 PM | Reply

I read that the police department claims there was no report of a burglary but that there were multiple calls about barking dogs. It appears Terre Haute may not have an animal control department. I don't find anything about it on the city site and the county's website says to contact law enforcement.
Why are police spending time on calls like this? Cops get paid a lot more than animal control officers. Seems like reallocating the funds would save the city money while providing better service to the community.

#9 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-12-02 01:35 AM | Reply