Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Text messages reviewed by ProPublica represent the strongest indication yet that members of the Trump family inner circle were involved in financing and organizing the Jan. 6 "Save America" rally, which immediately preceded the Capitol riot.

Comments

Rich people have too much money if they're spending it on buying politicians and trying to tear down America. Seems they need to be taxed at a MUCH higher rate.

#1 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-12-01 02:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

#2 | Posted by a_monson at 2021-12-01 02:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

FTA

"Kimberly Guilfoyle, a top fundraiser for former President Donald Trump and the girlfriend of his son Donald Trump Jr., boasted to a GOP operative that she had raised $3 million for the rally that helped fuel the Jan. 6 Capitol riot."

I wonder who is going to dump whom to save themselves when the shjt hits the fan

#3 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-12-01 02:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

... the strongest indication yet that members of the Trump family inner circle were involved in financing and organizing the Jan. 6 "Save America" rally, ...

My guess at this point is along the lines that as more evidence is surfaced, the connection between the Trump family and administration, and the insurrection attempt will become clearer.

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-01 02:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

Guilfoyle is such a repulsive barrel of slime that I do not think anyone is surprised to learn of her efforts to help stage a coup to overthrow our democracy. Just a completely repulsive creature.

#5 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-12-01 03:31 PM | Reply

Twin-i'm having my doubts about any shjt hitting any fan, at least in time to help democracy.

#6 | Posted by Yodagirl at 2021-12-01 04:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

When the lion's share of those in power within a political organization are corrupt, there is little short term chance of making things right again.

#7 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-12-01 04:22 PM | Reply

YODAGIRL

It doesn't matter when it happens. I don't think there's a statute of limitations.

What's more important to preserving democracy is to get the Voting Rights Act signed into law before the mid-terms risk the chance of losing the Senate and House majority. President Biden has said he will use the simple majority vote if necessary.

Here's a brief summary of the Bill that's being blocked by Senate Republicans.

"The U.S. Senate [Democrats] recently took another step toward passing transformative voting rights and election reform legislation, with Senate Democrats introducing the Freedom to Vote Act on September 14, 2021. This far-reaching reform package would take actions such as reducing the influence of money in politics, ending partisan gerrymandering, and fortifying U.S. elections against foreign interference. But perhaps most importantly, this legislation would also set nationwide voting standards to help counteract anti-democratic laws passed by legislatures in at least 17 states. These state laws are often aimed at disadvantaging historically underrepresented communities, including communities of color, as well as lower-income voters and people with disabilities. Moreover, some of these state laws facilitate a growing threat: that partisan, conspiracy-minded election officials could sabotage legitimate election results.

#8 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-12-01 04:48 PM | Reply

TWINPAC-that sounds great but what a kerfuffle of states rights lawsuits that will set off, no? And with a hard right SCOTUS as the final arbitrator? Maybe it'll get us far enough along that trump will have expired of indigestion at least....

#9 | Posted by Yodagirl at 2021-12-01 06:06 PM | Reply

YODAGIRL

"at least...."

LOL, very subtle. I like that.

#10 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-12-02 01:53 AM | Reply

Twin, it won't matter much if he is 13 points behind in the polls (which he is currently in a rematch w the Orange Menace).
The Democrats simply don't get it. Stop 'playing chess', because you are the only ones playing! The other side
is playing Game of Thrones, and doing ANYTHING to win! They've been doing so for some time now. The timing of when or if
Trump is prosecuted DOES matter. The timing of getting Biden's Agenda through DOES matter. Nuking the filibuster to get
Biden's Agenda passed DOES matter...

The Dems are stuck in, and operating by, a paradigm of Old School Politics that no longer exists.
And like all things that don't evolve and adapt in time, they will suffer the consequences of taking too long to act.

#11 | Posted by earthmuse at 2021-12-02 06:39 AM | Reply

The
Best
Is
Yet
To
Come
!

#12 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2021-12-02 07:09 AM | Reply

Twinpac cracks me up. Always cheerleading thinking the Dems are on the verge of greatness. Lol next election we are getting Trump or somebody worse. The country went off a cliff and we aren't coming back. I hope in my lifetime America breaks in 2. Probably won't happen. I see Dems having to flee the country like Refugees before I die.

#13 | Posted by byrdman at 2021-12-02 07:18 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I see Dems having to flee the country like Refugees before I die.

#13 | POSTED BY BYRDMAN

I agree it's looking pretty dark right now.

But. No worries brydman. Some of us are never going to run. I will stand my ground until the "bitter" end.

Semper Fi.

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-12-02 07:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

One thing is for certain
Dems will be surprised when they lose come 2022 and 2024
And I will be say I told you so

#15 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-12-02 08:58 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Dems will be surprised when they lose come 2022 and 2024
And I will be say I told you so

#15 | POSTED BY TRUTHHURTS AT 2021-12-02 08:58 AM

Only if these people are delusional. The writing is on the wall.

#16 | Posted by byrdman at 2021-12-02 12:23 PM | Reply

Delusional enough to operate in darkness while associating darkness with a thing to avoid.

#17 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-12-02 02:19 PM | Reply

I see Dems having to flee the country like Refugees before I die.
#13 | POSTED BY BYRDMAN

We've already seen Democrats holed up in Congress, hiding from Trump's brownshirt insurrectionists hunting them.

And Republicans truly don't think it was a big deal.

Certainly not a big enough deal to stop being Republicans.

Exhibit A: Eberly

RIP America, we hardly knew ye.

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-02 02:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1