Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett on Wednesday indicated she might not be inclined to protect a woman's right to an abortion, suggesting it wasn't necessary thanks to the option to give a child up for adoption.

Comments

I have to say that the woman who argued to protect RvW was outstanding.

#1 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-12-01 05:58 PM | Reply

Hundreds of thousands of foster kids languish in foster homes. She thinks this'll change?

How many has she adopted?

And she issued this statement in 2006:

"We, the following citizens of Michiana, oppose abortion on demand and defend the right to life from fertilization to natural death. Please continue to pray to end abortion."

What about the laws idiot Republicans are enacting that thwart mitigation efforts to end/contain this pandemic? Surely, she'd strike them down, right? Riiiiiiiight.

She's just another "pro-forced birther."

#2 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-12-01 06:00 PM | Reply

Amy Coney Barrett's adopted kids are from Haiti.

Were American kids not good enough for her?

This is typical of religious right wingers. They'd much rather adopt from a foreign country to show everyone how great they are than adopt one of the hundreds of thousands of kids in America who'd love to be adopted.

#3 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-12-01 06:04 PM | Reply

So is adoption some new technology that didn't exist when the supreme court ruled that every women has the right to abortion?

#4 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-12-01 06:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Amy Coney Barrett's adopted kids are from Haiti.

Have they got aids?

-DJT

#5 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-12-01 06:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Amy Coney Barrett's adopted kids are from Haiti.

"-------- Babies"
--------

#6 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-12-01 06:18 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Were American kids not good enough for her?

#3 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY AT 2021-12-01 06:04 PM | FLAG:
(CHOOSE)

Amy Coney Barrett's adopted kids are from Haiti.
Have they got aids?
-DJT

#5 | POSTED BY ALEXANDRITE AT 2021-12-01 06:06 PM | FLAG:
(CHOOSE)

Tell us cinnamon ring, is it because they're not white kids that it has your panties all bunched up?

#7 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2021-12-01 06:28 PM | Reply

Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett on Wednesday indicated she might not be inclined to won't protect a woman's right to an abortion,

She's a crazy religious whacko who was raised in a cult and was fast tracked to the Supreme Court by McConnell.

Her only purpose is to rule from the Bible.

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-12-01 06:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I can't speak for AU, but I was joking. Whenever haiti comes up I think of Trumps idiotic comment.

#9 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2021-12-01 06:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Foster system is already overwhelmed and exploited by conservatives and religious nut bags.

#10 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-12-01 06:34 PM | Reply

Poor rightwing scum. If the law changes they can no longer say that rape is fine because of abortion.

#11 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-12-01 06:40 PM | Reply

So... a Justice in the Supreme Court of the United States is saying that a violent crime against a woman is OK?

Let me ask that again...

A Justice in the Supreme Court of the United States is saying that a violent crime against a woman is OK?

#12 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-01 06:44 PM | Reply

As horrendous as this sounds, I almost wish Justice Barrett would be forcibly raped, impregnated and then forced to carry the fetus to term. But being nothing more than just a glorified "Karen", she would of course hide it, get the abortion and deny it ever happened.

#13 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-12-01 06:47 PM | Reply

#12. Pregnancy is a violent crime against women?

#14 | Posted by BellRinger at 2021-12-01 06:49 PM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY ALEXANDRITE AT 2021-12-01 06:33 PM | FLAG:
(CHOOSE)

Apologies. I grabbed yours by accident. The reply was for AU.

#15 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2021-12-01 06:55 PM | Reply

#7 is for #3

#16 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2021-12-01 06:56 PM | Reply

#12. Pregnancy is a violent crime against women?

#14 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER AT 2021-12-01 06:49 PM | FLAG:
(CHOOSE)

It's the headline that's got Lamp triggered.

#17 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2021-12-01 06:59 PM | Reply

@#14 ... Pregnancy is a violent crime against women? ...

If it is against the will of the woman, yes.

Absolutely, and unequivocally, yes.

(I do notice the lame attempt of your comment, changing my "woman" to your "women." You do need to try a lot harder. Jus' sayin'.)

#18 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-01 07:00 PM | Reply

@#17 ... It's the headline that's got Lamp triggered. ..

Nope.

It was this paragraph in the cited article...

..."Both Roe and Casey emphasize the burdens of parenting," Barrett said, latching onto the cases' focus on the ways forced motherhood hinders equal opportunity. She then asked why "safe haven" laws, regulations under which parents cannot be prosecuted for leaving their newborn in a safe location or with an appropriate person, don't "take care of that problem."...

#19 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-01 07:03 PM | Reply

#19 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER AT 2021-12-01 07:03 PM | FLAG:
(CHOOSE)

Ok. My bad, I can see how someone may see "forced pregnancy" and not understand the context in the article.

#20 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2021-12-01 07:06 PM | Reply

#20 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

And you have to be willfully stupid to not see how not permitting someone to terminate a pregnancy is FORCING the person to remain pregnant.

#21 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-12-01 07:10 PM | Reply

Pregnancy through rape and ------ is "Forced Pregnancy" especially if the woman/girl does not have the option of ending the pregnancy. Pregnancy through failed contraception if "Forced Pregnancy" as it was not what the woman chose to do with her body.

#22 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-12-01 07:19 PM | Reply

@#20 ... not understand the context in the article. ...

I understand the context of the article.

More importantly, I also understand the context of what Justice Coney Barrett stated.

Nice try on your part, though.

#23 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-01 08:07 PM | Reply

#21 | POSTED BY TRUTHHURTS AT 2021-12-01 07:10 PM | FLAG:
(CHOOSE)

And you have to be willfully ignorant to not understand the constitution and the rule of law that our country follows. If this shouldn't belong, the rule of law will circumvent it.

Otherwise, it's done. I don't like people telling me I cant have a firearm. 2nd says I can. GTFOI.

#24 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2021-12-01 10:08 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

@#24 ... And you have to be willfully ignorant to not understand the constitution and the rule of law that our country follows. ...

You might want to re-read and understand the words you post.

... I don't like people telling me I cant have a firearm. 2nd says I can. ...

Within limits. Are you "well-regulated"?

#25 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-01 10:15 PM | Reply

Are you "well-regulated"?

#25 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER AT 2021-12-01 10:15 PM | REPLY

more so than the constitution allows for, yes.

#26 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2021-12-01 10:18 PM | Reply

@#26 ... more so than the constitution allows for, yes. ...

So, what are you actually saying?

#27 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-01 10:33 PM | Reply

Two Nice Girls - I Spent My Last $10.00 (On Birth Control and Beer)
www.youtube.com

...
It was June 1983 when Mary Lou and I did part
She said she loved another ----, my god it broke my heart
I was bitter and disillusioned to lose another girlfriend
But Lester came to work at Papa's store and decided to ease on in

Before my last heartbreak nothing made me more sick
Than a hairy-chested, cheap double-breasted suited man with a---------
I guess that I was curious, heck I guess that I was young
I guess it was that old rum and coke I guess that I was dumb.

...

For of course, for a woman to love a man she must also love to booze
If a woman don't drink beside her man then she will surely lose him
As I sit in this hetero honky-tonk and reflect upon my past
I think about those old girlfriends and why they did not last

For there's certain thrills that lesbian love simply cannot supply
Like paying for abortions from sperm gone awry
And so I say to you my friends without this man I'd die
So listen to my tell of woe and hang your head and cry
...

#28 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-02 12:19 AM | Reply

#24 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

No one is telling you that you can't get a firearm. Wait...are you a felon?

#29 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-12-02 01:46 AM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY MODER8

It's part of their plan. Women don't want to sleep with them anymore so they figure if they can trick them or assault them and get them pregnant then it's more likely the woman will stick around for the kid.

#30 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-12-02 01:48 AM | Reply

"suggesting it wasn't necessary thanks to the option to give a child up for adoption."

But definitely not to any of them nasty LGBTs ...

#31 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-12-02 08:18 AM | Reply

Amy Coney Barret, if raped by a Black man and impregnated, would get an abortion.

#32 | Posted by Zed at 2021-12-02 08:31 AM | Reply

Heartless and sociopathic attitude Barrett espoused in words. If I took a kinder view I'd say she and the Republican men on the court are ignorant or idiots. Here are some stats:

50,000 women a year face severe complications and more than 700 women die from pregnancy.

Black women are 3-4 times more likely to die from complications form pregnancy than white woman.

Almost all these deaths are preventable.

The United States has the highest death rate from pregnancy of any industrialized nation.

The United States is one of three nations to see the deaths from pregnancy increasing, joining Afghanistan and Sudan.

Poor women that are denied abortion are more likely to remain in poverty versus women in the same economic strata that have abortions.

MAGAts are determined to make America a S*ithole Country. Yesterday was embarrassing

#33 | Posted by YAV at 2021-12-02 08:44 AM | Reply

She should walk the walk. She and her husband should have a child and give it up for adoption. Then and only then can she get back to me about how it is not a big deal to carry a pregnancy to term and put the child up for adoption.

#34 | Posted by danS at 2021-12-02 09:39 AM | Reply

Pregnancy is not something you just got through, isn't risky, and has no long-term health impacts.

#35 | Posted by YAV at 2021-12-02 10:26 AM | Reply

Should you not do the same then Dans?... Get pregnant, go to an ultrasound and hear the heartbeat, and see the hands and fingers moving... then kill it.

#36 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-12-02 10:36 AM | Reply

Can I make a soup out of it? Only if I can make a soup

#37 | Posted by truthhurts at 2021-12-02 10:50 AM | Reply

You can't see its hands and fingers moving on an ultrasound in the first trimester.

#38 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-02 10:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#36 | POSTED BY KWRX25

Sure that's a reasonable response {cough-cough}.

Good luck getting Dans pregnant. Forcefully or otherwise.

#39 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-12-02 11:01 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#32 | POSTED BY ZED

Clarence Thomas could really step up here...

#40 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-02 11:16 AM | Reply

"I don't like people telling me I cant have a firearm."

You don't like people saying school shooters shouldn't have firearms.

#41 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-02 11:24 AM | Reply

#39 I'm pretty sure he knew that I didn't mean it literally.

#42 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-12-02 11:59 AM | Reply

Birth tate for white women iswaydown,yhus abortions for white women need to be prevented. Sqme folks don't feel the same urgency to prevent abortions when the women are of other races. The entire anti-abortion movement is a rcially motivatwe response to the fear among many whites that the doominance by white people in this lso a response to lso a response to the diminishing dominance of whites in America nation is at risk.
where did the anti-abortion movement come from? Evangelical Christians

#43 | Posted by danni at 2021-12-02 12:24 PM | Reply

I'm going to call -------- on #43 Danni. Abortion has been a wedge issue for decades and has always been driven by a right wing overly religious source and not a racist origin. Not everything is race based.

#44 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-12-02 12:45 PM | Reply

If there is a racist angle to this issue, it's the opposite.

www.vox.com

#45 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2021-12-02 12:57 PM | Reply

"where did the anti-abortion movement come from? Evangelical Christians"

That's just the latest oppressor to carry the torch.

The anti abortion movement was born of the women's suffrage movement, which a century later had evolved into the women's liberation movement.

#46 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-02 02:42 PM | Reply

Amy Coney Barrett Suggests Forced Pregnancy Is Fine Because of Adoption

I guess being a supreme court justice doesn't prevent you from being a dimwit.

#47 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2021-12-03 03:34 PM | Reply