Friday, December 03, 2021

Germany's national and regional leaders have agreed to bar unvaccinated people from much of public life in a bid to fend off a fourth wave of Covid-19.

Comments

Damn... there goes MB's gym schedule all shot to hell!

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2021-12-03 10:45 AM | Reply

Fascist are going to Fascist!

Show me your papers!
photos1.blogger.com

#StopFascism

#2 | Posted by oneironaut at 2021-12-03 12:22 PM | Reply

"Show me your papers!"

Brings up an interesting distinction:
Are you an #OpenBorders puppet, or a #NoBorders puppet?

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-03 12:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 | Posted by oneironaut

If supposed adults choose to act irresponsibly someone has to step up.

#4 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-12-03 12:48 PM | Reply

"Show me your papers!"

Do Voter ID next!
Do Voter ID next!

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-03 12:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

American living in Berlin here... Went to the movies yesterday on the subway (UBahn) a person on the train was checking everyone was vaccinated and had a mask on, (only allowed to use public transport with vax and mask) when I got to the Theatre the same had to prove I was vaccinated and show ID it was me. Was asked to keep mask on when not eating or drinking. when the film finished I stopped at Burger King for dinner on way home again someone at the door asked to see vaccination proof and told to keep mask on when not at table. I felt really safe and my rights to stay healthy being protected from people that could make me sick by their bad decisions. Leaving the US was the best thing I ever did. ps. Lady Gaga can act! Two films totally different now and she was good in both.

#6 | Posted by THomewood at 2021-12-03 02:14 PM | Reply

The most kindest acts an elected head of state can perform before they leave office is enacting much needed laws, rules, or what have you that would destroy the re-election chances of their successor were they to do it.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2021-12-03 02:34 PM | Reply

#2 - My right to be safe from COVID outstrips your right to attend a movie, use public transit, etc. The constitution gives me the right of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, none of which I can enjoy if your COVID kills me, or gives me long COVID. The constitution does not give you the right to go to the theater, use public transportation, or to infect others with your Trumpvirus, so STFU and get vaccinated!

#8 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-12-03 03:49 PM | Reply

This is what a sensible nation does. Unfortunately the US does not fall into that category.

#9 | Posted by JOE at 2021-12-03 03:52 PM | Reply

For two years we've been told not wearing a mask is killing you. How much longer will it take?

#10 | Posted by visitor_ at 2021-12-03 06:14 PM | Reply

C'mon fool. I was just at the gym this morning.

#11 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-12-03 06:43 PM | Reply

"#2 - My right to be safe from COVID outstrips your right to attend a movie, use public transit, etc."

You're ------- retarded.

You have no right to be safe from COVID any more than you have a right to be safe from floods or carnivorous predators. You can, through your own effort take steps to mitigate against those threats, but your sense of entitlement alone isn't going to fend of the 'rona any more than it would a hungry mountain lion or flash flood. You do that by choosing to avoid the conditions where you might come across a mountain lion or be affected by a flood.

#12 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-12-03 06:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-03 07:06 PM | Reply

"Went to the movies yesterday on the subway (UBahn) a person on the train was checking everyone was vaccinated and had a mask on"

I was wondering how they were going to check for this, but then I realized such checks are just a part of life, albeit normally for tickets.

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-03 07:07 PM | Reply

"Lady Gaga can act! Two films totally different now and she was good in both."

I saw the ArtPop tour and I'm not surprised she's a good actor. It was one of the better shows I have seen and I don't really like her music all that much.

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-03 07:10 PM | Reply

"#12 Society can, and does, make a compelling case to act in the interest of public safety. For example, laws against drunk driving. Smoking bans, even."

#16 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-12-04 03:21 AM | Reply

"Now that I think about it, Germany and most of Europe does have the "Bus Inspector" paradigm in place to check for this."

I use Deutsche Bahn to go to Frankfurt International about once a month. I've never once been asked to show proof of vaccination. And masks are required...provided you're not drinking something. If you are, you can drop the mask. This may be a difference between Rheinlandpfalz, Hesse, and the Bundesland of Berlin...I don't know.

I was in Prague last weekend and that place was busier than hell, even with an incidence rate of 1780 per 100k. (it's since risen to 2204 per 100k. Germany is at 894 per 100k, the US is at 306 per 100k)

#17 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-12-04 03:26 AM | Reply

"Sure. And I wouldn't be against a law prohibiting those who know they have COVID from willingly putting themselves in a position where they could spread it to others."

Meaning what, forced quarantine until you get a clean test every 72 hours?

I doubt you'd support that.

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-04 04:43 AM | Reply

Costa Rica, everyone's wearing masks, all the stores, restaurants, hell even the farmer's market has hand-washing stations. They've got a gizmo that dispenses Purell and takes your temperature at the same time. Makes the U.S. look like a ------- joke.

#19 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-12-04 07:58 PM | Reply

Meaning what, forced quarantine until you get a clean test every 72 hours?

Why would your starting position be the assumption that everyone had COVID, and they had to prove that they didn't have it.

Would you do that with every disease?

#20 | Posted by madbomber at 2021-12-05 09:14 AM | Reply