Sunday, December 05, 2021

San Francisco supervisors on Tuesday unanimously approved an ordinance to suspend the city's Cannabis Business Tax through the end of next year, in an attempt to curb illegal marijuana sales.

Comments

The workers were paid better in the illegal industry when I was in B.C. 25 dollars an hour for trimming in the 90's vs the 2020 legal industry 15.30hr and its mostly foreign labour in the legal market.The MBA's got involved and they expect us to support their lazy unproductive asses.

#1 | Posted by Scotty at 2021-12-05 04:03 PM | Reply

Rich in flavor. Rich on sensation. Try the new Tax The Rich brand. Available in leaf or shatter.

#2 | Posted by LesWit at 2021-12-06 01:59 AM | Reply

Good for them. Sin taxes just create black markets.

#3 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-12-06 10:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

About time. And while they are at it get rid of that rule where you have to put your ID into their Database so future fascist can hunt you down for burning...

#4 | Posted by Wildman62 at 2021-12-06 10:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I bought an ounce of very high quality pot for $250 a month or so ago. Forty years ago, that same quality of pot went for $160 an ounce or $537 in today's dollars. So even with tax, (at least in Colorado) it coast less than half what black market stuff cost 40 years ago.

California must tax the ---- out of it. But that's how they roll in California.

#5 | Posted by jakester at 2021-12-06 05:41 PM | Reply

California must tax the ---- out of it. But that's how they roll in California.
#5 | POSTED BY JAKESTER

It's really not that bad, especially if you're purchasing via medicinal route.

The top grade stuff is definitely still expensive ($66 for an eighth at the recreational dispensary), but the stuff I enjoy is FAR cheaper than it was in college. $100 ounces of wonderful pot that I'd be ecstatic to score when I was in college, which would have been at least $300 per ounce. That's the thing, before legalization, didn't matter what grade of pot you were buying, it all pretty much cost the same as that's what the black market established (save for Mexi versus chronic; you could always buy some cheap Mexi pot packed full of seeds for very cheap, but that wasn't our cup of tea). Now, buying legal pot is a lot like buying a car.

The taxes, even in California, are truly negligible. That's not even taking into consideration the 'tax' one used to incur just attempting to acquire the substance that was the paranoia experienced and risk of arrest/prosecution. I never imagined we'd be where we are today as it relates to legal pot. It's absolutely amazing and really encouraging that the country can actually get behind such a positive movement, removing ourselves from draconian policies that only hurt communities. To bad the POTUS and VPOTUS are not on the same page as us.

#6 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2021-12-06 07:23 PM | Reply

The taxes, even in California, are truly negligible.

Cultivation perhaps, but not distribution, its 15%.

Interesting twist.

Targeted Robberies of Cannabis Businesses in Bay Area Prompt Call for Tax Relief
www.prnewswire.com

#StopTaxes

#7 | Posted by oneironaut at 2021-12-06 11:43 PM | Reply

The taxes, even in California, are truly negligible.

#6 | POSTED BY RSTYBEACH11 AT 2021-12-06 07:23 PM | FLAG:

Cultivation tax, distribution tax, federal and state income taxes, property tax, corporate tax..

The black market pays none of it lol.

"Make a dollar, government, they want a dozen dimes (no cap)
The petty kind, might kill ya 'cause they see you shine (stay strapped)
I done had to have a talk with myself many times (for real)
Am I a hypocrite 'cause I know I did plenty crimes? (yes, I'm ill)
I get broke too many times, I might slang some dimes (back to trappin')"

RTJ - Ju$t