Sunday, December 05, 2021

U.S. Is Close to Having 200 Million People Fully Vaccinated

Comments

Sad that it's not 300,000,000.

Finally getting my booster tomorrow. Wondering if it will kick my ass to get Moderna after two shots of Pfizer.

#1 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-05 06:15 PM | Reply

SNOOFY

Just curious.

Why don't you have a choice?

#2 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-12-05 11:58 PM | Reply

Why don't I have a choice not to get the booster?

To my knowledge I am not required to have the booster for work, unlike the other two.

Just like the other two, I'm not getting this for work. I'm getting it to fight the pandemic. I'm specifically getting this one tomorrow so it kicks in before Christmas, so as to not inadvertently kill the people I love.

I might end up doing that anyway, but they're old, they've had a good run. I guess I'm far more likely to die in a car crash on the way. Though with all the safety features in the Subaru, that does seem like it would be harder than before.

And so it goes.

My choice of Modera is my own. I could get the other ones. My gut, which is largely driven by my understanding of the workings of the adaptive immune system, as well as a vague perception that Moderna is somehow quote unquote better, tells me strength in diversity.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-06 12:58 AM | Reply

Thanks, SNOOFY

I wasn't questioning the reason for the booster shot. It just sounded like you didn't have a choice between Pfizer and Moderna and I was wondering why.

I myself have had all three Pfizer shots because I got them at the same place. But I think you're correct to trust what Dr. Fauci says about mixing the two.

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-12-06 06:20 AM | Reply

in the Subaru

Didn't know you were a lesbian Snoofy :)

I'm also all three Pfizer got them at two different places first place was just the first to call me after getting on three different waiting lists. Booster was Pfizer cause I had a doctors appointment and got an email from them saying they had it and I was eligible and could get it at my already scheduled appointment. Hadn't even known I was eligible yet so signed up and filled out the eligibility form and sure enough thanks to immune suppressants I was eligible. Kinda had wanted Modena but the convenience trumped the desire to mix and match.

#5 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-12-06 06:55 AM | Reply

Where's my damn Pfizer T-Shirt? I'm three for three with those guys. I want to go to the gym and meet some girls--well, maybe not Okiehomie girls...

#6 | Posted by catdog at 2021-12-06 01:28 PM | Reply

I thank that other guy for Operation Warp Speed.

#7 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2021-12-06 04:28 PM | Reply

thank that other guy for Operation Warp Speed.

POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE AT 2021-12-06 04:28 PM |

The vaccines happened despite Trump not because of him. He prescribed Clorox drinks UV lights up the ying-yang and other unsavory methods

#8 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2021-12-06 04:47 PM | Reply

FYI-Got my Pfizer booster 3 weeks ago, only a sore arm for two days. My first two Moderna was about the same, but I felt off. I had the 'Rona last November.

#9 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-12-06 08:49 PM | Reply

Phizer all 3. Sore shoulder for a day or so.

#10 | Posted by willowby at 2021-12-06 09:09 PM | Reply