Saturday, December 11, 2021

Two Republicans in The Villages facing voter fraud charges reportedly cast ballots in New York and Michigan as well as here in Florida.

Comments

OK, those who I would call "rational people" have never denied that there was some low level of voting fraud.

That low level was acknowledged and there were actions to eliminate it. However, it is a bit of a whack-a-mole thing.

I suspect there will always be a cat-and-mouse game to eliminate that low level of voting fraud. A couple votes here, a couple votes there.

What I see of late is that Republicans have been claiming some huge amount of voting fraud (thousands of votes) that does not seem to exist. The Republicans have not yet been able to show any material, substantive evidence of the huge level of voting fraud that they have been asserting exists.

So what have we been seeing in voting fraud?

It seems to be mostly Republicans trying to cast illegal votes for fmr Pres Trump.

So I gotta ask...

Is the Republican campaign of eliminating voting fraud more of a cover for themselves as they try to do exactly what they are accusing others of doing?

Serious question.

Any takers?

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-11 08:18 PM | Reply

Any takers? Here's your chance Bill Johnson.

#2 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-12-11 08:42 PM | Reply

Desantis stole the election thanks to GOP voter fraud.

#3 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2021-12-11 09:33 PM | Reply

LAMP

"Is the Republican campaign of eliminating voting fraud more of a cover for themselves as they try to do exactly what they are accusing others of doing."

Projection is so prevalent among Republicans I'm not sure they even give it a second thought. It's more like part of their nature that's linked to lying about absolutely everything.

My personal opinion is they're just playing the percentages that 90% of their base will think of voter fraud as a clarion call to arms - just like all the lies Trump tells every time he opens his mouth. (i.e. January 6 )

I remember something Karl Rove said years ago when he was plugging for George W. ~ "Voters are stupid." That's the Republican golden rule ever since.

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-12-11 10:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

@#4 ... My personal opinion is they're just playing the percentages that 90% of their base will think of voter fraud as a clarion call to arms ...

I do not disagree.

The GOP seems to be playing the field of alternate reality.

And quite honestly, I find that effort to be quite frightening.

Please note that I do not hold a grudge with those who hold a differing political opinion from me.

Indeed I welcome it. We are stronger with the discussions of our disagreements.

To what purpose, is what I ask?

Why?

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-11 11:22 PM | Reply

imo, Republicans...

Kip Addotta - Wet Dream
www.youtube.com

Lyrics..

...
It was April the forty-first

Being a quadruple leap year

I was driving in downtown Atlantis

My barracuda was in the shop

So I was in a rented stingray

And it was overheating

So I pulled into a Shell Station

They said I'd blown a seal

I said, "Fix the damn thing

And leave my private life out of it

Okay pal?"

While they were doing that

I walked over to a place called the Oyster Bar, a real dive

But I knew the owner

He used to play for the Dolphins

I said "Hi Gil"

You have to yell, he's hard of herring

...

"But she said things I just couldn't fathom. She was too deep, seemed to be under a lot of pressure"

Yeah, they don't write lyrics like that anymore.

Fortunately?

(jus' askin'...)

Boy, could she drink

#6 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-12-11 11:38 PM | Reply

LAMP

"But I also notice an apparent non-discussionable disagreement (sown by foreign powers? that's another topic) that looks to divide us against ourselves.
To what purpose, is what I ask?

Why?"

Abraham Lincoln already answered "why."

"United we stand. Divided we fall."

It's as true now as it was then.

#7 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-12-12 03:42 AM | Reply

As someone pointed out the other day, rich Republicans think they're entitled to vote everywhere they own a home.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-12-12 10:28 AM | Reply

I don't know if this is true while not not actually saying it isn't true, but I don't know a single one of these people which means I don't believe its true

- - bellberly

#nofaultGOP

#9 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2021-12-12 04:12 PM | Reply

Due to my decades of setting up and handling automated accounting information systems, I was concerned about mail-in in ballots a month before the election and was posting about it.

The election came and went and everything I was concerned about happened.

Simply...mail-in ballots as they were used this past election lacked checks and balances to verify all voters who mailed in a ballot were counted and that voters only voted once.

This thread really only proves what I have been saying all along.

#10 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-12-12 10:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Not to mention the opportunity people had to coerce friends and family members how to vote or any other place people went to collect ballots from people to mail in for them.

It's not allowed to pester people in line waiting to vote but people in their homes can't be monitored.

#11 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-12-12 10:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#12 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-12-12 10:47 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The election came and went and everything I was concerned about happened.
This thread really only proves what I have been saying all along.

POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON AT 2021-12-12 10:40 PM | REPLY

#13 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2021-12-12 10:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

"This thread really only proves what I have been saying all along."

"All along" meaning "when it became clear Democrats were going to increase their use of the mail in ballot method":

Over the last two general elections, in 2016 and 2018, Florida Republicans maintained a solid 55,000 vote edge over Democrats in that method for both elections even as its popularity climbed.

That's partly because Republicans in particular have championed voting by mail in the Sunshine State, said Joe Gruters, the Republican Party of Florida chairman. It was under a Republican-led Legislature that Florida in 2002 first began allowing any voter who requests a mail ballot to receive one without having to provide a reason.

"In Florida, the Republicans have pretty much dominated (vote by mail) in the last two decades," Gruters said.

www.tampabay.com

#14 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2021-12-12 10:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Mail-in ballots that are not handled as absentee ballots where the voter must request a ballot for a specific reason is stupid."

Take it up with Florida Republicans:

"It was under a Republican-led Legislature that Florida in 2002 first began allowing any voter who requests a mail ballot to receive one without having to provide a reason."

#15 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2021-12-12 10:53 PM | Reply

"You don't know jack ---- about mail-in voting. Not one damned thing. Do shut up now."

I second that emotion!

#16 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2021-12-12 11:00 PM | Reply

Bill Johnson we've had mail-in voting since 1775. It's been above board since then. Deal with it.

#17 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2021-12-12 11:02 PM | Reply

#17 and it was rift with fraud. Women were mailing in ballots. Abigail Adam's. Shifty eyes I tells ya

Bill Johnson

#18 | Posted by bruceaz at 2021-12-13 12:18 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"everything I was concerned about happened."

All (lack of) evidence to the contrary.

#19 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-12-13 02:25 PM | Reply

Let's also be serious: For ANY fraud to work on a Presidential level:

1. Someone would have to get a ballot who wouldn't normally vote.
2. Someone else would have to be willing to steal it.
3. The victim would have to be silent about the theft of their ballot.
4. The vote would have to be for a different party than the voter would've chosen.
5. It would have to occur in a swing state.
6. One political side would have to commit this much more than the other.

ANY of the above six can cancel the effect.

Meanwhile, OR has had mail-in voting for 25 years. Certainly if there was any problem, it would've surfaced within a quarter-century. Same with military voting since the civil war.

#20 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-12-13 02:48 PM | Reply

On the large scale, the Heritage Foundation has a compendium of vote-fraud convictions over the last 20-25 years. Upon even a cursory inspection, three things become obvious:

1. States average less than one conviction a year.
2. Most of the violations are from "the three Cs": either canvassers (forging signatures), cullers (like the NC Republican collecting others' absentee ballots), or counters.
3. None of the violations would've been thwarted by stricter voter ID laws.

www.heritage.org

#21 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-12-13 02:54 PM | Reply

If voter fraud is like any other nefarious act Republicans constantly scream about, you can be sure they engage in it more frequently than anyone else.

#22 | Posted by JOE at 2021-12-13 05:45 PM | Reply

This thread really only proves what I have been saying all along.
POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON AT 2021-12-12

This right here gets me to no end. There are very strict standards for mail-in voting. Signature must match with the one on file as well as your DL number or ID number must be on the return envelope. If not it is discarded.

#23 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2021-12-13 05:59 PM | Reply

Gal,

No...I won't shut up about mail-in ballots unless the moderator decides to close my account.

Take it up with him.

Maybe he'll oblige.

#24 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2021-12-14 09:42 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"No...I won't shut up about mail-in ballots"

Nor will you provide any proof AT ALL.

If it was so prevalent, why can't you find any cases???

#25 | Posted by Danforth at 2021-12-14 10:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1