Friday, January 14, 2022

A coalition of hundreds of doctors and public health experts have called out Spotify for allowing Joe Rogan to spread "false and societally harmful assertions" about the coronavirus and vaccination ...

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

We are a coalition of scientists, medical professionals, professors, and science communicators spanning a wide range of fields such as microbiology, immunology, epidemiology, and neuroscience and we are calling on Spotify to take action against the mass-misinformation events which continue to occur on its platform. With an estimated 11 million listeners per episode, JRE is the world's largest podcast and has tremendous influence. Though Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, the company presently has no misinformation policy.

Comments

If Joe Rogan listeners refuse vaccination and die of Covid, I consider that a service to society. I am sorry the doctors have to endure the mass suicide though. I support the docs giving the unvaccinated some bleach and a piss pot to drink from.

#1 | Posted by bored at 2022-01-14 10:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hi I'm an american raised by an intentionally crippled public school system.

I can't recognize the early stages of fascism because I didn't learn history.

I don't trust the CDC because I sucked in science and don't understand the scientific method.

And I get my medical advice from a failed actor who gets hit in the head as a hobby, because he tells me I'm actually smarter than all those nerds who did better than me in school and went on to become doctors while I went on to work at a gym.

#2 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-01-15 12:06 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

joe rogan is the new rush limbaugh.

#3 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2022-01-15 02:31 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Joe Rogan delivers cull-quality burgers to meatheads.

#4 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2022-01-15 06:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#ShutHimUp!

#5 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2022-01-15 11:30 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#ShutHimUp!

#5 | Posted by lfthndthrds

It's unfortunate you can't heed your own "advice"...LOL!

#6 | Posted by Angrydad at 2022-01-15 01:11 PM | Reply

#ShutHimUp!

#5 | Posted by lfthndthrds

Fascist chimes in to cast his vote for the side of deadly lies.

#7 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-01-15 02:38 PM | Reply

The fact that Rogan welcomed proven serial liar and sociopath Alex Jones as a guest on his show should tell you all you need to know about Rogan. Some people get their kicks - and their revenue - by stirring up sh** knowing it isn't true. A rebel without a cause, or a conscience.

#8 | Posted by cbob at 2022-01-15 03:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3