Sunday, April 24, 2022

An aide to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said in a deposition that various Republican lawmakers met or participated in phone calls about how to usurp Biden's victory, according to Business Insider.

Comments

GOP lawmakers were deeply involved in Trump plans to overturn election, new evidence suggests

Deposition excerpts filed by the Jan 6. select committee underscore the expansive cast of elected Republicans who had enlisted themselves in Trump's effort to cling to power.

Some of the GOP lawmakers were present in December meetings, Hutchinson recalled, when members of the White House Counsel's Office raised significant legal doubts about a plan for pro-Trump activists to submit "alternate" electors in states won by Joe Biden.

Others attended a Dec. 21 meeting where Rudy Giuliani, then the president's personal lawyer, and some associates advocated a plan for Pence to unilaterally refuse to count Biden's electors and instead send the election back to various GOP-controlled state legislatures to replace Biden's electors with Trump's.

www.politico.com

#1 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2022-04-24 09:45 AM | Reply

"The GOP's continuing anxiety to curry favor from Trump testifies to its evolution into a lawless party. It has absorbed Trump's authoritarian values and methods, meaning anything is legitimate if it is in the service of gaining and maintaining power."

Ruth Ben-Ghiat

www.huffpost.com

#2 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2022-04-24 11:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Is it any wonder why Rep McCarthy wanted Rep Jordan on the Committee?

It certainly does appear because he wanted to know the truth of what happened.

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-04-24 11:38 AM | Reply

Hopefully they can be dragged in to testify in the upcoming public hearings.

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-04-24 11:43 AM | Reply

@#3 ... It certainly does appear because he wanted to know the truth of what happened. ...

Oops.

That sentence should be...

It certainly does not appear because he wanted to know the truth of what happened.

iow, I think Rep McCarthy wanted Rep Jordan on the Committee more for disruption purposes than to find out what actually happened. Maybe because Rep McCarthy and Rep Jordan already know what happened, and that is what they are trying to hide...

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-04-24 11:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

We all know this, but will anything happen? My guess is not. The right can do whatever they want. It has been show over and over.

#6 | Posted by byrdman at 2022-04-24 12:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Matt Gaetz is a pedophile and all the proof needed to know Republicans don't give a shht about stopping pedophila.

#7 | Posted by ClownShack at 2022-04-24 01:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 - From what I've heard and read, DOJ is struggling with charges against electeds, at least this who riled up the crowd from the stage because they could claim speech and debate clause immunity. However, none of this plotting behind the scenes would fall under that immunity, and it NEEDS to be punished or it will happen again.

#8 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2022-04-24 01:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#8 My understanding is that the Speech and Debate Clause applies only to purely legislative activities. I think it's worth going to the mat over whether seeking to steal an election falls under that umbrella. But Garland and Biden are cowards.

#9 | Posted by JOE at 2022-04-24 01:34 PM | Reply

And garland will do nothing.

Elect a moderate old man in denial about his country, and he hires other old moderate too deluded about republicans to save our country from a fascist revolution.

Just this week biden finally woke up and said this is not your fathers republican party. The rest of us knew that back in 2015. Biden was still saying they'll go back to normal after trump leaves. Clueless old fool.

But our "base" wouldn't let us have any president who didn't still smell like obama.

#10 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-04-24 04:25 PM | Reply

As long as there was some hope that a few moderates would support his nominees and legislation, Joe was going to hold his powder on the state of the GQP. Now that the midterms are in sight and the all that's left to pass are judicial noms he'll let rip with what he really thinks. I think the GQP embarrassing themselves at the KBJ hearings were about it for Joe. Having those DBags sully the reputation of a woman beyond reproach with made-up accusations was disgusting. They basically called her the N-word, and she had to take it. She is smarter and more accomplished than any of Dotard's nominees, but of course she's black and Uncle Fester Cruz, Howler Monkey Hawley, Coke Hair Blackburn, and Charisma Free Cotton has to out on a show for their dentally challenged, sister diddling, trailer trash base.

#11 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2022-04-24 06:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I would also think that no legal clause for free speech case law would cover incitement of insurrection. No right is absolute and I would hope that the behind the scenes scheming and dealing would strip any ridiculous claims of their public comments being protected rhetorical speech.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-24 10:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

DeSantis shows they're moving past Trump and becoming even more radical and dangerous.

I'm rapidly losing hope that we're going to avoid widespread unrest and, likely, violence.

If you haven't already it might be time to start tapping your inner prepper. At the very least food. Maybe weapons and/or ballistic armor.

I don't think it's going to get better before it gets better.

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-24 11:01 PM | Reply

#13 We had a ton of violence in the summer of 2020. The country managed to survive it even though the violence was encouraged and cheered by a loud segment of the left.

#14 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-24 11:05 PM | Reply

Your false equivalency is still false.

We're finding large portions of one of two major political parties involved in attempts to subvert our democratic processes.

It was a coup.

Now we have a governor openly showing fascist tendencies to appeal to the base, who are eating it up.

Sorry, but BLM never had the oomph current undercurrents in our political environment have. You have a portion of the left in the game protesting, an exceedingly smaller portion actually causing violence and destruction, a portion of the right fully committed against it and the plurality of the electorate squarely in the middle on the sidelines.

What we're seeing is the well armed, committed to blatant lies and justification of violence (read: implicit support at the very least) rightwing base dropping even the facade of good faith governance and participation. Sorry, but the momentum is in a bad direction and gaining strength.

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-24 11:15 PM | Reply

My crystal ball reads quite differently than yours.

Hopefully mine proves more accurate.

#16 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-24 11:19 PM | Reply

Also, your "ton of violence" was largely relegated to a few large metro areas.

Despite all the pearl clutching and hand wringing, the vast majority of people in the country were never close to being in danger of personal harm or property damage. It was quintessential mole hills and mountains.

We have Pizzagate at a broad level building and it won't take long for it to percolate to local levels. Hell, we're already seeing it. Once some lunatic acts on the grooming nonsense all bets are off.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-24 11:20 PM | Reply

473 days and counting

#18 | Posted by truthhurts at 2022-04-24 11:24 PM | Reply

Hopefully mine proves more accurate.

#16 | Posted by BellRinger

Me too.

But as a student of history there are a lot of red flags.

I've said since Trump got elected that Trump wasn't my biggest worry. It was the politician who used his tactics in a shrewder, more controlled manner.

DeSantis is proving to be that guy. Disney was a test balloon and it's definitely going their way. The FL GOP supports it. The electorate is stuck on arguments of whether or not it was justified, completely missing the fact that it was blatant political retribution.

He's now moving on to move #2 in purging the intellectual class at the state level. Again. Test balloon.

And again, he's finding willing support.

Maybe that last straw is what's pushed me over the edge. The intellectuals are always one of the first targets of dictatorial takeovers. DeSantis will point to his success in FL as a plus on the national level and far too many will follow. We see the signs of conditions being ripe with the CRT mess and people openly threatening school boards over buzzwords and masks.

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-24 11:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Here's how I am seeing it -

All sides are way over-hyping everything.

Like you said, as awful as those riots were they were limited to a few cities.

Are teachers and school districts inserting the tenets of CRT and radical sexualization into our schools? Yes, but I don't think it's even remotely widespread. Yet, the anecdotal evidence (plenty of it is out there ) is being held up as a microcosm.

It works the other way too. You are speaking to radical elements on the right that are feeling emboldened. Yes, but I don't think it's even remotely widespread either.

Should we proceed cautiously? For sure. Are we really facing a Civil War like we did in the late 19th Century? Um, no. Not even close.

#20 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-24 11:34 PM | Reply

"You are speaking to radical elements on the right that are feeling emboldened. Yes, but I don't think it's even remotely widespread either."

Well you're wrong.

Half of Republicans think Trump won.

That's widespread.

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-04-24 11:51 PM | Reply

All sides are way over-hyping everything.

I disagree.

One party is investigating a legitimate problem. 1/6 is, whether your admit it or not, a legitimate problem.

The other is creating them by passing legislation addressing non issues to stoke culture war fear and anger.

All of this on top of the blatant lies leading to the other party's investigation(s).

If all of the Bidenflation, "skyrocketing" gas prices, "war on oil," ect ect ect were happening against any other backdrop, I would laugh and debate it as politics as usual.

But that usual level of cynical spin and lies set against the backdrop of current GOP rhetoric about stolen elections, "grooming," and supposed religions persecution? I'm taking it far more seriously.

The likely 2022 GOP takeover will likely lead to shenanigans in 2024. It's guaranteed. I expect 2024 to be outside the realm of any of our experiences, which is why preparation now is a good idea IMO.

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-24 11:58 PM | Reply

I disagree to the extent of the problem - you see a mountain I see a molehill.

We are both speculating. Hopefully I prove more prescient than you.

#23 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 12:06 AM | Reply

Nonsense.

You see nothing because you choose to see nothing.

I see a path being tread that's been tread before.

I'm not sure if it's your political bias or historical ignorance blinding you, but there's something keeping that tunnel vision of yours very narrow and very specific.

#24 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 12:25 AM | Reply

Your letting your personal bias run away with your vision.

I don't see "nothing". I would argue that you see "nothing" of concern from the other side of the aisle.

Plenty of what I see concerns me. But only a minute fraction of the whackos on either side are willing to truly take up arms and try and usurp our government.

Further, the guardrails are WAY too strong for some soy-latte drinking effete losers to overtake some overweight and tatted 'militia' types to be anything other than a fringe willing to try and take matters into their own hands.

If you are a student of history as you claim to be you should recognize your overreaction to what is going on right now in this country.

#25 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 12:32 AM | Reply

Your letting your personal bias run away with your vision.

--------. You're playing a lame attempt at bothsiderism here.

The left hasn't tried to overturn a fair and legal election by invading the capitol, whisking away the VP so a senator can step in his place and play the part so that the election could be falsely thrown back to rigged state legislatures already ready to present false electors.

Seriously. There's not even remotely close to a comparison here.

Nonsense. Nowhere close to true.

You've already justified disregarding multiple sources calling white supremacist, anti-government groups as the biggest threat to the country. Even after they act (1/6), you ignore.

#25 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Nonsense. My historical literacy is why I'm sure that if things go the way I think they're going you'll be the modern equivalent of the average German citizen in 1945.

#26 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 01:01 AM | Reply

"--------. You're playing a lame attempt at bothsiderism here."

I've seen far more breaking of norms coming from the left than from the right. I'm not playing "bothsiderism" at all. I am pointing out that you appear to be completely blind as to what is going on with the authoritarian left. "Free speech is tyranny" is a real thing on the left and I'm not talking about pathetic basement dwellers.

"The left hasn't tried to overturn a fair and legal election by invading the capitol,"

So, the sticking point appears to be 1/6. A couple of hundred people were engaged in a violent riot. Hundreds of others were bystanders. Our legal system has been extremely harsh on ALL involved that day.

"You've already justified disregarding multiple sources calling white supremacist, anti-government groups as the biggest threat to the country. "

Who is applying that label? I just watched our DOJ and FBI go down in absolute flames over a supposed kidnapping plot of a governor in 2020. The FBI fricking hatched the plot, lead the plot, recruited some disaffected pieces of garbage and the entrapment was so obvious that 2 were found not guilty and 2 others were part of a hung jury. This was a highly reported kidnapping attempt of a governor over Covid restrictions.

"The guardrails were also "too strong" to allow a beer hall putsch to succeed in 1924. Are you historically literate enough (without googling) to understand what that means?"

Well, we are almost 100 years after that event. Do you still weep about the Whiskey Rebellion?

"My historical literacy is why I'm sure that if things go the way I think they're going you'll be the modern equivalent of the average German citizen in 1945.

#26 | POSTED BY JPW"

So, you are really predicting a Nazi-esque takeover of this country where the radical right will engage in ethnical cleansing and genocide on a level not seen since the Nazi's? Trump has really broken you.

#27 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 01:16 AM | Reply

JPW,

I'm being serious here - what you are concocting in terms of what you believe will happen seems like a massive rationalization for extreme measures if 2022 and 2024 go the way of the GOP, especially if DeSantis is POTUS.

"These people really are Nazi's and in spite of their electoral victory they must be destroyed by any means necessary."

#28 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 01:21 AM | Reply

I've seen far more breaking of norms coming from the left than from the right.

Get the ---- out of here. Idiot.

Our legal system has been extremely harsh on ALL involved that day.

---- you.

Because, surprise surprise, they could get at least one rube dumbass on the jury to refuse to convict.

You really are a useful idiot.

Proves my point. You're an abysmally stupid dumb sack of ----.

#27 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Authoritarianism has come in many different flavors over the course of history.

Thinking that it must occur in a scripted, by the book fashion only goes to show I was right about you-you're ignorant as ----.

I tried. I really, genuinely tried.

But trying to talk to you is like trying to talk to a retarded brick wall.

You're beyond hope, jeffy. So ------- fat, stupid and confident in their privileged, ignorant life you're doomed to be one of the biggest dupes in history.

#29 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 01:26 AM | Reply

LOL now you're pulling a MTG and trying to cast yourself as a victim.

Just ---- off.

#30 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 01:26 AM | Reply

I knew you'd get angry when your narratives were seriously challenged. You are very predictable, JPW.

#31 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 01:37 AM | Reply

You didn't challenge them. That would require stating facts.
You never do.

Two questions.

Is the Disney/DeSantis tiff not political retribution?

Are covert and overt attempts to overthrow democratic results not a coup?

Yes or no answers are all that are required.

#32 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 01:40 AM | Reply

" tried. I really, genuinely tried."

No. You didn't. Not at all. You are trying to play to role of some all-knowing oracle and if I dare to disagree with your predictions you go ballistic. I have been the one who has tried, but you are so convinced of your clairvoyance that rational discussion really isn't possible. At this point all I can do is point and laugh.

#33 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 01:42 AM | Reply

"Yes or no answers are all that are required.

#32 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2022-04-25 01:40 AM "

---- you and your "are you still beating your wife" yes/no lawyer questions.

I'll answer them anyways. Just for fun. Just to watch you fly off the deep end with invective and anger, because it's amusing to me...

#34 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 01:44 AM | Reply

"Is the Disney/DeSantis tiff not political retribution?"

"Are covert and overt attempts to overthrow democratic results not a coup?"

Stupid question. Grow the ---- up.

#35 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 01:46 AM | Reply

LOL you tool.

How is subverting the results of a free and fair election in the US not a coup?

#36 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 01:53 AM | Reply

---- you and your "are you still beating your wife" yes/no lawyer questions.

You're cornered and you know it.

#34 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

LOL you're like the goth kid who claims they don't care what others thing about them.

BTW they are both yes or no questions. Your resistance to answering yes to the second one is very telling.

#37 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 01:55 AM | Reply

They are both stupid questions. The type of ---- I expect from Snoofy. Yet, here you are.

Well done, JPSnoofy.

#38 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 01:57 AM | Reply

#36 Were the results subverted? Hmmm....who is president right now? What? Joe Biden is president? As shocking as that is it does actually correspond with the vote count.

#39 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 01:59 AM | Reply

#37 Yes/no questions are mostly stupid. That you think you've gotten some kind of "victory" is risible.

#40 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:00 AM | Reply

Do you want to know what a coup really is? Taking over several city blocks for several days. CHOP/CHAZ was far more of a coup than 1/6.

But then, following the legislative process and revoking special privilege for a mega-corporation is seen as the end of Democracy by idiots like you.

#41 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:03 AM | Reply

They're actually both super easy questions that aren't hard to answer.

Unless you're inserting more there than is necessary.

Answer to both is yes.

Were the results subverted?

So in your mind an attempted coup is nothing because it's only attempted?

Do you understand how stupid that is?

#42 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:07 AM | Reply

LOL you really are one dumb, leeching sack of ----.

---- me. Worse than I thought.

#41 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Way to be obtuse to the point of being stupid.

---- it. I'm out for the night. No use conversing with dumb sacks of ---- with less intelligence than my left nut.

#43 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:09 AM | Reply

"They're actually both super easy questions that aren't hard to answer."

They flow from false premises. Snooty-level ----.

"So in your mind an attempted coup is nothing because it's only attempted?"

It's a matter of degree. An attempted assassination attempt is worse - Hodgkinson shot up a softball game with the explicit attempt to kill as many GOP congressmen as possible. He almost succeeded with Scalise. On that day we experienced more lawmaker casualties than what we saw on 1/6.

#44 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:13 AM | Reply

Look, this thread shows why my assertions that you're a dumb piece of ---- are 100% accurate.

You avoided the question and even claimed it was immature.

A ridiculous accusation on its face because you were so blinded by your biases that you didn't even have it in you to answer the question broadly.

Which was the context of the question.

And it was a softball question that can only be honestly answered as YES.

#45 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:13 AM | Reply

#43 Way to cry "Uncle"!

#46 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:14 AM | Reply

"I asked, broadly, whether or not an attempt to subvert a duly elected POTUS was a coup attempt."

Oh. So, your question had no underlying pretext whatsoever - it was just a broad and general question. Sorry, not buying that. If that was truly all it was - just an overly general question with no underlying premises - yes, that would qualify, in a very general sense, as a coup attempt.

#47 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:17 AM | Reply

They flow from false premises.

Only those that you insert.

Probably because you know where the follow up question will go and can't be honest about that answser.

Here, I'll spell it out for you.

Q1: Is it a coup to subvert the legal results of a Democratic election?
A1: YES

Q2: Was it an attempted coup for members of the GOP to try and subvert the legal democratic election of Joe Biden?
A2? YES

#44 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

And here we have your twisted justification.

First, the cop out that it's a matter of degree.

Followed by the ridiculous (and loaded, not to mention post hoc) assertion that number of lawmaker casualties determines the severity of the event.

Tell me how I'm not supposed to see you as an abysmally stupid moron?

#48 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:20 AM | Reply

#47 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

LOL what pathetic sack of ----.

Yes, your hypothetical is a coup in hypothetical terms.

But no, it's not a coup when I insert my bias and apply it to my preferred politicians.

Do you really think you're fooling anyone?

#49 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:22 AM | Reply

LOL you literally just admitted that 1/6 was a coup attempt.

But are still trying to tap dance your way out of it.

*facepalm*

#50 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:23 AM | Reply

"Followed by a baseless assertion that overtaking the government is worse than assassinating members of the lower house of Congress."

Did the Hodgkinson shooting spree result in more congressional casualties than 1/6. Yes or no?

#51 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:27 AM | Reply

"LOL you literally just admitted that 1/6 was a coup attempt."

Of course I did. That's what it was.

#52 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:28 AM | Reply

It doesn't matter. That's a completely arbitrary metric.

#53 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:29 AM | Reply

Of course I did. That's what it was.

#52 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

But yet...it's not a big deal? Dems should just let it go?

#54 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:31 AM | Reply

Let's rank it on a historical scale:

Bellringer:

Civil War
9/11
Pearl Harbor
.Hodgkinson shooting spree
1/6

#55 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:32 AM | Reply

And that's why you're an idiot.

#56 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:34 AM | Reply

Nailed it Bellringer. Literally the only people who still care is the Left.

#57 | Posted by Reginald at 2022-04-25 02:34 AM | Reply

JPW:

1/6
Mass extinction event
Donald Trump
Ron Desantis
The Holocaust
100+ million murdered by Communism (most would have this higher, but JPW kinda likes Communism, so...)

WWII

#58 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:35 AM | Reply

"t's not a big deal? Dems should just let it go?

#54 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2022-04-25 02:31 AM | REPLY | "

No. Don't just let it go. Keep going with the prosecutions.

#59 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:36 AM | Reply

Stop with the absurd hyperbole.

#60 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:38 AM | Reply

Says the idiot who posted #58

---- you're one stupid dumbass. Isn't even aware of his own hyperbole while whining about another poster's supposed hyperbole.

#61 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:46 AM | Reply

#57 oh look another abysmally stupid sack of ---- swoops in to comfort you.

I'm sure you'll take that as a sign your correct.

#62 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 02:48 AM | Reply

Who needs a rank of wrongs? Do you only think about single issues or events? 1/6 happened not that long ago and is still being investigated. It will stop being important when it is prevented in the future.

#63 | Posted by Brennnn at 2022-04-25 05:45 AM | Reply

Who needs a rank of wrongs?

Someone with a guilty conscience.

#64 | Posted by ClownShack at 2022-04-25 11:41 AM | Reply

Stop with the absurd hyperbole.

#60 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Coming from a Trumper this is height of absurdity.

#65 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-04-25 11:54 AM | Reply

Fact is, right or wrong most people have moved on from 1/6.

#66 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 12:20 PM | Reply

It's irrelevant if people have moved on.

#67 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 12:51 PM | Reply

Fact is, right or wrong most people have moved on from 1/6.

#66 | Posted by BellRinger

Most people YOU KNOW. Because you dont hang out with people with brains, ethics, or patriotism.

Most people I KNOW are desperately hoping the justice department is going to save the country from your ongoing fascist coup.

#68 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-04-25 12:58 PM | Reply

I doubt "most people" share your desire to move on. This wasn't "legitimate political dialogue," unless you're accustomed- as GQPers surely ought to be by now - to your political dialogue taking the form of a mob composed of the dregs of the nation's jackasseries bent on exerting its collective will through mayhem and murder. You probably won't agree. So you may find the bipartisan committee's hearings somewhat disconcerting.

#69 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2022-04-25 12:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Nailed it Bellringer. Literally the only people who still care is the Left.

#57 | Posted by Reginald

You're correct. Because the left is the only side that cares about the rule of law or the future of democracy.

Well lets be real. You CARE. Youre just hoping saying NO ONE CARES will help the fascist coup crew get away with it.

#70 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-04-25 12:59 PM | Reply

I want to point out that the insurrectionists attempted a mass casualty event on 1/6. if they had succeeded there would have been dozens, scores or even hundreds of dead congressmen and women.

If that had happened, lying POS jeff would lie and still be a piece of ----.

#71 | Posted by truthhurts at 2022-04-25 01:03 PM | Reply

So funny.... people who can't "move on" from Hunter Biden or Hillary! want other people to move on from an attempt by a Pres and his aides to subvert the will of the People in a certified election via violence, threats, and lies.

Move on, indeed.

#72 | Posted by Corky at 2022-04-25 01:06 PM | Reply

Most people care far more about inflation, food and energy prices especially skyrocketing, a growing and completely self inflicted humanitarian crisis at the southern border, weakened foreign policy and a "Weekend at Bernie's" president than 1/6.

#73 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 01:07 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

From before the DoJ started limiting the information given to reporters

abcnews.go.com

While inside the Capitol, Caldwell allegedly received Facebook messages telling him to "seal" in lawmakers in the tunnels under the Capitol and to "turn on gas."

No big deal sayeth the lying pos jeffj

#74 | Posted by truthhurts at 2022-04-25 01:07 PM | Reply

#73 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Most people in Germany circa 1924 thought the same thing, how did that turn out for them in the long run?

#75 | Posted by truthhurts at 2022-04-25 01:10 PM | Reply

When the fascists tell you fascism is normal and there's nothing to see here, it's not normal and there's plenty to be seen. In the moss. Under the rocks. Where the slimy creatures slither.

#76 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2022-04-25 01:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

All of which is misrepresented, distorted --------.

Get out of your bubble.

#77 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 01:22 PM | Reply

#73 | Posted by BellRinger

Most people prefer ice cream to broccoli. But if you eat what MOST PEOPLE like, you'll end up dying an early death as a fat piece of ----.

Inflation is worldwide. If "most poeple" think electing a fascist cult member in one country will solve worldwide inflation, "most people" should explain how exactly that would work.

The southern border is only a CRISIS to those who are terrified of brown people and need something to distract from the fact that they have no policies to offer to help the american people other.

When your cult failed at a fascist coup on live tv, it's really important to make the country think that they're being invaded by swarms of brown people and only you can stop it in order to get them to vote for you again.

#78 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-04-25 01:35 PM | Reply

POSTED BY BELLRINGER AT 2022-04-25 01:07 PM | REPLY

Only those people who don't care about the country and the constitution. For someone who declared that he believed staunchly the constitution you sure do a piss poor job of showing it Jeff. You should be outraged about what happened on January the sixth. You aren't however.

#79 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2022-04-25 01:45 PM | Reply

Get out of your bubble.
#77 | POSTED BY JPW

They created Boaz's Konservative Kry Klub in order to further surround themselves in a bubble.

#80 | Posted by ClownShack at 2022-04-25 01:53 PM | Reply

"Fact is, right or wrong most people have moved on from 1/6."

Republicans are still trying to achieve the goals of 1/6.

#81 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-04-25 01:58 PM | Reply

GQP taking points, brought to us by BellJ:

Most people care far more about

inflation: companies are raking in record profits. There's no inflation. The rich simply realized they could charge more for everything.

food: Abbott shutting down trade between Mexico and America exasperated that. But I would put money on you supporting Abbott's decision.

energy prices: we're in a war with Russia. Russia who used to help provide oil to nations who are now sanctioning them. So as a result prices increased. Also. There's ample proof of price manipulation by our very own oil companies.

Doesn't exist. Completely fabricated crisis by Republicans.

weakened foreign policy

Absolute bullshht.

a "Weekend at Bernie's" president

Who has helped this nation more in two years than trump did in 4.

#73 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

You basically spewed a bunch of talking points you couldn't expand on if your life depended on it.

#82 | Posted by ClownShack at 2022-04-25 02:00 PM | Reply

Also. Gaetz is a pedophile.

Republicans love pedophiles.

#83 | Posted by ClownShack at 2022-04-25 02:02 PM | Reply

" All of which is misrepresented, distorted --------.

Get out of your bubble.

#77 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2022-04-25 01:22 PM | FLAG: "

So, inflation is just a figment of our imagination? The illegal entry numbers at the border are false? The cost of food and gas are not rising? Biden is sharper than he's ever been and is showing no signs of decline? Who are we to believe - our lying eyes and wallets or a smug, self proclaimed genius - expert left winger?

#84 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 02:03 PM | Reply

#84 | Posted by BellRinger

Inflation being biden's fault is a figment of your imagination. As is the idea that electing fascists will solve inflation.

"Who are we to believe - our lying eyes and wallets or a smug, self proclaimed genius"
You mean the "stable genius" who said his puny little inauguration was the biggest in history?

#85 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-04-25 02:22 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Just curious...who and how many were in this alleged "loud segment"?
It's not as if you haven't pulled things out of your arse on the past.
Was that segment more than, less than, or about equal to the number of Republicans who believed that the government should be overthrown on January 6?

#86 | Posted by e1g1 at 2022-04-25 02:46 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

None of that was an attempt to remove democracy and replace it with fascism.

Even if BLM marches had resulted in thousands of deaths, that STILL would not be as bad as the republican fascist coup attempt because far more lives than that were lost to gain our democracy in the first place.

#87 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-04-25 03:04 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY Comrade BELLRINGER

What's this "we" ---- Ruskie???

#88 | Posted by a_monson at 2022-04-25 03:05 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Most of the cheering was from the right, for the cops going around smashing skulls like in Buffalo, and for Kyle.

#89 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-04-25 03:06 PM | Reply

I think we're eventually going to find out that:
Plan A: Pence refuses to accept electors from some states - AZ, PA, GA etc and those states' legislatures sign off on Trump electors or neither Biden or Trump reach 270.
Plan B: If Pence doesn't play ball, send the mob to the Capitol and have the secret service evacuate Pence. Certification is indefinitely delayed and martial law declared. If a few members of Congress are hurt or killed, oh well.

Pence may be the reason the US still exists today.

#90 | Posted by The_Finn at 2022-04-25 03:25 PM | Reply

Republicans are lying traitorous scum.

#91 | Posted by anton at 2022-04-25 03:38 PM | Reply

So, inflation is just a figment of our imagination?

That it's Biden's fault is.

The illegal entry numbers at the border are false?

The cost of food and gas are not rising?

Not "skyrocketing." And fuel has been going up and down but isn't rising above the highs it was previously at.

Biden is sharper than he's ever been and is showing no signs of decline?

He's what I would expect for a 78 year old man.

#84 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

You're believing talking heads who are disingenuously selling you lies.

And you're perfectly fine with being had. Seems you like it, actually.

#92 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 03:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"So, inflation is just a figment of our imagination? The illegal entry numbers at the border are false? The cost of food and gas are not rising? " Did you know a war was going on? Did you know shipping was blocked? Did you know a once in a 100-year pandemic happened?

#93 | Posted by Brennnn at 2022-04-25 04:14 PM | Reply

Also. Gaetz is a pedophile.
Republicans love pedophiles.

#83 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

What's been going on with the Gaetz case(s)? It's been a while since I saw any updates. Don't tell me one of his daddies got the investigation diverted.

#94 | Posted by El_Buscador at 2022-04-25 05:23 PM | Reply

"That it's Biden's fault is."

Biden's policies are the straw that broke the camel's back. Everything he's pursued and enacted fiscally has only exacerbate the problem. Regardless, had Trump won in 2020 we'd still have inflation right now and you'd be placing 100% of the blame for it squarely on him.

"Abused. They're being detained, which is why we know about them. Sounds like ICE is working."

Nice spin, Jen. The total number is approaching all-time record levels and are a direct result of Biden's policies.

"You're believing talking heads who are disingenuously selling you lies.
And you're perfectly fine with being had. Seems you like it, actually.

#92 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2022-04-25 03:48 PM "

Piss off. You are a left-wing tool so quit trying to act all above the fray. You're not.

#95 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-25 06:12 PM | Reply

#95 | Posted by BellRinger

Cheaters liars and sociopaths always say everyone would do what they did.

No we'd look around the world, see that inflation is worldwide, and pick one of the other million topics to criticize about trump.

Problem for you is, there's not much to criticize about biden, so you have to try to pin things on him that aren't his fault like worldwide inflation. If trump were president, we'd be criticizing the 2 dozen new crimes and scandals he'd have invented since his re election.

#96 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-04-25 07:22 PM | Reply

Biden's policies are the straw that broke the camel's back.

An unfalsifiable assertion with zero supporting evidence.

It's merely a canned answer stemming from your understanding of inflation beginning and ending at government spending.

You can try and make me out to be just like you but it's not true.

LOL it's not spin. It's fact. Try dealing with it.

#95 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

LOL

Dude. Here's an illustration of the different between me and you.

You chirp "energy prices skyrocketing! War on energy!!" withiut even bothering to look at a damn chart to see how that jives with reality.

I do.

There's a significant amount of daylight between us.

#97 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 07:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The largest Covid relief bill was both passed and signed into law under Donald Trump's Administration. It was $2.2 trillion. Under Biden, Congress passed the American Rescue Plan, for $1.9 trillion.

Dinger would have you believe that only the relief money passed under Biden was inflationary, but that passed under Trump wasn't or some other idiotic illogical bit of nonsense explaining away inconvenient facts into the cornfield.

Democrats don't place blame where it doesn't belong. We pride ourselves for searching out facts, for without objective truth, you can't find real solutions to problems. Slogans and blame pointing does no one any good, but it can enrage and engage an undereducated political base fed a continuous stream of self-serving lies. Democrats seek policy solutions for immediate or on-the-horizon problems, while today's Republicans don't seek to find solutions at all - the biggest example is their decade-plus lack of coming forth with ANY national health insurance program after demagoguing the ACA since it was proposed by in 2009... and no border legislation during Trump's 4 years ... and no infrastructure bill after handsful of Trump "Infrastructure Weeks" over his 4 exhaustive years ... and on and on as no problems were solved except to make voting harder for millions of Americans and running on the first policy plank-free presidential platform in recent history.

Republicans are all about gaining power without serving the nation's needs beyond keeping their own base stoked and enraged. A nation cannot move forward when a rump party refuses to move anything that benefits the nation as a whole outside their own benefactors and constituencies.

#98 | Posted by tonyroma at 2022-04-25 08:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Not to mention Trump's budgets which were massive giveaways to MIC and special interests piled on top of tax cuts and deficits.

Took about a week for the GOP fauxrage over Trump's massive spending to fade as the cash flooooowed.

Biden has reigned that in but yeah, it's his policies that are causing it.

#99 | Posted by jpw at 2022-04-25 08:36 PM | Reply

Biden has reigned that in but yeah, it's his policies that are causing it.

Making sure displaced workers and families forced to make changes to take care of children in their households could pay their bills during the global slowdown caused by the pandemic and keep food on their tables.

Republicans: Wasteful spending that caused the whole world to have runaway inflation!

#100 | Posted by tonyroma at 2022-04-25 08:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#96 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

If ------- had won we'd be criticizing him for invading Ukraine.

#101 | Posted by truthhurts at 2022-04-25 08:56 PM | Reply

If ------- had won we'd be criticizing him for invading Ukraine.

#101 | Posted by truthhurts

More likely just dissolving NATO as he tried to do in his first term as putin's puppet.

#102 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-04-25 09:06 PM | Reply

"There's a significant amount of daylight between us.

#97 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2022-04-25 07:51 PM"

On that you are correct but it's not the own that you think it is.

#103 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-26 12:05 AM | Reply

The only time out of control government spending is ever addressed is when Dems have the WH and the GOP controls the House.

#104 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-26 12:06 AM | Reply

#104 | Posted by BellRinger

Except one party claims to be the ones to rein in government spending. Then they get elected with full control of both houses and the white house and they dont.

Dems never make that claim so they're not lying about it like repubs are.

#105 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-04-26 12:35 PM | Reply

#105. I completely agree with you about that, Speaksoftly.

#106 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-04-26 12:38 PM | Reply