Sunday, May 01, 2022

Tucker Carlson's Fox News program "may be the most racist show in the history of cable news " and also, by some measures, the most successful," according to a New York Times series published Saturday.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"Tucker is ultimately on our side," Scott Greer, a former deputy editor at the Carlson-founded Daily Caller ... "He can get millions and millions of boomers to nod along with talking points that would have only been seen on VDare or American Renaissance (White supremacist, White Nationalism, and Neo-Nazism organizations) a few years ago."

Comments

The New York Times piece is linked in the article and I was able to access without a subscription by clicking no and continue. The NY Times has documented example after example, in detail, and is quite the read

I also now know where several right-wing posters get all their "information." I didn't realize how what he's pushing has so dominated some people's views. Those posters I am referencing have so internalized Carlson's message that they repeat it even applying the same derogatory comments to the same people.

#1 | Posted by YAV at 2022-05-01 09:39 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The context, motivations for, the history - leading up to Carlson's show and its popularity are covered really well in this article. I had no idea, for instance, that "(w)hen white nationalists carried torches in Charlottesville, Va., in 2017 to protest the removal of a Confederate statue, The (Daiy) Caller's reporter on the scene turned out to be one of the rally's speakers."

(Daily Caller being a publication Carlson founded - which is fascinatingly covered in the article)

#2 | Posted by YAV at 2022-05-01 10:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

People need their hate fix and to be told what to think. Nobody likes to think for themselves-that hurts./s

#3 | Posted by Brennnn at 2022-05-01 01:33 PM | Reply

I don't watch cable news. Knowing NYT I'd be willing to bet they consider any negative coverage of illegal immigration as "racist". I also suspect they haven't given other cable shows the same level of scrutiny and if they haven't then their claim here is stupid.

#4 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-05-01 01:54 PM | Reply

I also suspect they haven't given other cable shows the same level of scrutiny...

#4 | Posted by BellRinger

You mean like Sean Hannity or Laura Ingraham?

OCU

#5 | Posted by OCUser at 2022-05-01 02:13 PM | Reply

JeffJ can only define racism in the context of Democrats.

Outside of Democrats, he can't identify any racism.

He doesn't see the Charlottesville chants of "Blood and Soil" as racist, for example.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-05-01 02:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

"Knowing NYT I'd be willing to bet they consider any negative coverage of illegal immigration as "racist".

Like saying Mexico sends rapists and drug dealers.

That's not racist, according to JeffJ.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-05-01 02:31 PM | Reply

"JeffJ can only define racism in the context of Democrats."

That's because "JeffJ" is an absolute pile of feces.

I can't believe you morons give that psychopath the time of day.

#8 | Posted by Angrydad at 2022-05-01 03:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

IDK, ANGRYDAD. Psychopathy is common among DR "Contributors"

It's why I quit visiting the website and only checking in about monthly....

#9 | Posted by jamesgelliott at 2022-05-01 07:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't watch cable news... I'd be willing to bet... I also suspect...

#4 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

Perhaps it would be best to become better informed before jumping to a conclusion.

#10 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2022-05-02 11:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#4 | Posted by BellRinger

Knowing you, you wouldnt call torturing and traumatizing minority kids as a terrorist tactic to control their parent's behavior "racist". And neither did carlson. He was rooting for it and saying it was a good idea.

#11 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-05-02 12:01 PM | Reply

"according to a New York Times series published Saturday"

LOL

#12 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2022-05-02 12:48 PM | Reply

"according to a New York Times series published Saturday"

LOL

#12 | Posted by lfthndthrds

"Any info that doesn't come from a member of a fascist cult who worships a lifelong con artist is fake news!"

#13 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-05-02 01:00 PM | Reply

I hope everyone realizes, because Rupert Murdoch
sanctions what goes on his networks, that this
proves he's a fascist Nazi...

#14 | Posted by earthmuse at 2022-05-03 06:46 AM | Reply

I don't watch cable news... I'd be willing to bet... I also suspect...

#4 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER

"it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt."

#15 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-05-03 11:16 AM | Reply