Friday, May 13, 2022

North Korea Sending Out SOS' as It Admits Unnamed Disease Has Spread to 350k People Experts told VICE World News the outbreak is very likely COVID, with fears of "mass death" as the virus ravages the country's unvaccinated and malnourished population.

Comments

MFA:

North Korea is currently one of only two countries in the world, alongside Eritrea, that has not rolled out COVID vaccines, after Kim refused multiple offers from the global COVAX program and other countries. Combined with a medical system that is already on its knees, as well as a hamstrung economy and languishing food and fuel stocks, the shockwaves of a COVID outbreak and lockdowns could be devastating for people around the country.

"The fact that they disclosed it themselves shows the severity of it; they wouldn't have if it weren't so serious," said Lee. "It's like they're sending out an SOS to the world. The situation must be more serious than [has been] disclosed already."

#1 | Posted by censored at 2022-05-13 08:27 AM | Reply

Are you sure it's not the seasonal flu?

#2 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-05-13 09:33 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Are you sure it's not the seasonal flu? #2 | Posted by LegallyYourDead

Hay fever.

It's interesting that North Korea finally admitted defeat. Kinda puts China's zero-COVID strategy into perspective.

If a society as totalitarian and repressive as North Korea can't avoid COVID, it seems like China's efforts are futile.

#3 | Posted by censored at 2022-05-13 10:06 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Oh come on now Omicron is nothing. Can't be that bad to have a country full of people with the sniffles.

#4 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2022-05-13 10:36 AM | Reply

That's an SOS I'd never bother to answer. It's too late to save them. And why should we save them from themselves? We can't even save ourselves from ourselves.

I wish them much luck with their closed and hateful hermit regime.

#5 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-05-13 01:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#4 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE AT 2022-05-13 10:36 AM

#6 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2022-05-15 01:52 PM | Reply

Vaccinated, or are you a pureblood?

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-05-15 01:54 PM | Reply

"According to doctors and the test, I had it. And that's exactly what it amounted to, sniffles and fatigue... Not even a fever."

I had it a few weeks back. I basically played XBox and day drank for two weeks.

The problem with North Korea is that I don't know about thier access to booze, and I doubt any of them have an XBox.

I did have a cough, but I had a cough before I tested positive. And I still have a cough.

#8 | Posted by madbomber at 2022-05-15 02:12 PM | Reply

"And that's exactly what it amounted to, sniffles and fatigue... Not even a fever."

You had fatigue?

That sucks.

#9 | Posted by madbomber at 2022-05-15 02:13 PM | Reply

they admit to six fatalities so its likely closer to six million dead.

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2022-05-15 03:08 PM | Reply