Monday, May 23, 2022

Pastor: " ... .That's why I'm here today. To follow the Biblical process of confession, repentance, and forgiveness. If God wants anything out of us, as we just heard, it's to bring healing to all who are involved. I committed adultery. It was nearly twenty years ago. It continued far too long. It involved one person, and there's been no other, or any other situation of unbecoming conduct for the last twenty years. I will not use the Bible to defend, protect, or deflect. My past sin, I have no defense"I committed the adultery. To say it plainly, I didn't make a mistake, I didn't have an issue, I didn't have an affair, I didn't make a misjudgment. I sinned. I need to say that and you deserve to hear it. I've been asked why did I wait so long to deal with it? Why hide it all these years?" He failed to mention the "adultry" was with a 16 year-old girl so she got up and admitted it for him.

Comments

Is part of that "forgiveness" having his pedo ass thrown in prison?

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-05-23 03:59 PM | Reply

"He failed to mention the "adultry" was with a 16 year-old girl so she got up and admitted it for him."

LOL!!!

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-05-23 04:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Legal,

"Is part of that "forgiveness" having his pedo ass thrown in prison?"

It's not suggesting what should be done here but I will say one of the more common traits I'm seeing more and more from people is a lack of compassion and forgiveness. People talk about tolerance but they don't talk about forgiveness. Frankly, some people are just getting downright vicious.

No one said "forgive and forget" or "forgive and trust again".

But forgive. Why? Because someday you'll need to be forgiven for something and will ask for the same.

For those who don't understand the process of forgiveness, it begins with heartfelt repentance. I read this Pastor's words and I believe him. No games. No using the right words to make it sound sincere. But real regret for having done something and not just regret for getting caught.

It's not my place to forgive him.

It's up to his church to decide that.

And local law enforcement will probably have something to say which is a different topic from forgiveness.

#3 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2022-05-23 10:33 PM | Reply

Some people on this site like to quote Jesus or parts of the Christian Bible.

People have their own ideas what Christianity is. I will tell what I believe.

This is it. This is the ultimate concern of Christianity. This is what Jesus came for.

Forgiveness/God's grace are the cornerstone of this entire religion and what everything is built upon.

Once you are a Christian it gets pretty complicated and heavily debated how you should behave and how you show your devotion and demonstrate your faith.

#4 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2022-05-23 10:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

It's not my place to forgive him.

#3 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON AT 2022-05-23 10:33 PM | REPL

God you're so effing ignorant about the Bible. You are supposed to forgive unconditionally, it doesn't matter what the other person does. You are to forgive. Forgiveness is NEVER about the other person. It is always about you and the removal of the sin of hate from one's soul, it has nothing to do with if the other person deserves it or not.

#5 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2022-05-23 11:13 PM | Reply

POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON AT 2022-05-23 10:55 PM | REPLY

Wrong. Christ told his followers how to be Christians. It's to be Christ like. The Holy Bible tells us how.

#6 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2022-05-23 11:22 PM | Reply

Laura,

Repentance isn't so much what is required to forgive someone, as it is what is required to ask to be forgiven.

Forgiveness is a common theme of Christianity and you are right we are told to turn the other cheek.

#7 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2022-05-24 06:15 AM | Reply

Laura,

I mean...do you think if someone does you wrong you can say, "You have to forgive me because it's the Christian thing to do"?

#8 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2022-05-24 06:23 AM | Reply

Laura,

You deceitful manipulative piece of crap.

You left out a line in my post when you relied totally changing the meaning.

Totally done posting with you.

#9 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2022-05-24 10:23 AM | Reply

You deceitful manipulative piece of crap.
You left out a line in my post when you relied totally changing the meaning.
Totally done posting with you.

POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON AT 2022-05-24 10:23 AM | REPLY

You're bearing false witness again Bill Johnson. Care to retract your statement towards me.

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2022-05-24 10:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Adultery implies both partners are adults.

This was rape.

#11 | Posted by horstngraben at 2022-05-24 11:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Probably a day after the statute of limitations expired

#12 | Posted by truthhurts at 2022-05-24 12:30 PM | Reply

#1,#8: I suggest you look up the relevant laws before you make bigger fools of yourselves.

#13 | Posted by sentinel at 2022-05-24 04:08 PM | Reply

Oops, I meant #1 and #11, not 8. Damn typo demons.

#14 | Posted by sentinel at 2022-05-24 04:09 PM | Reply

Sent,

What do you know?

What do think may happen?

#15 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2022-05-24 04:13 PM | Reply

I forgive all the poor Mexicans entering the US to find honest work to improve their families lives.
Amen.

#16 | Posted by bored at 2022-05-24 05:08 PM | Reply

The 'Pastor' is scum and should hang. He was an authority figure and used a girl for sex.

"For twenty-seven years, I lived in prison"it was not twenty years"I lived in a prison of lies and shame. Lying to protect the Lowe family, for years I thought I was a horrible person having suicidal thoughts, not realizing what had truly been done to me. That I was a victim.
I would still be in a prison if my brother"and many of you know him [omitted]"had not approached me just two weeks ago with what he had seen as a teenager that had bothered him all these years: his pastor, in bed, with his younger sister [she chokes back a sob] with T-shirt and underwear on.
People knew but they were too afraid to come forward. And they have now. The lies and the manipulation have to stop. I was a prisoner and you kept me in your prison. I am a prisoner no longer. I was just sixteen when you took my virginity on your office floor. Do you remember that? I know you do, and I have plenty of other stories I could bring to your remembrance."

#17 | Posted by bored at 2022-05-24 05:14 PM | Reply

Recently it was in the news top members of Southern Baptist Convention will be releasing a secret list of hundreds of pastors and other church-affiliated personnel accused of sexual abuse.

Some may still be alive or serving at churches.

#18 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2022-05-24 10:28 PM | Reply

You are supposed to forgive unconditionally, it doesn't matter what the other person does. ~Laura

This is incorrect. The Bible states to rebuke the sinner/offender, and only if the other person repents should you forgive them. Luke 17:3-4

Why would this be true? What's the benefit for the Bible to state this?

#19 | Posted by oneironaut at 2022-05-24 10:45 PM | Reply

What's the benefit for the Bible to state this?

A book of fiction that has no moral standing.

One of the biggest lies sold to all of mankind.

#20 | Posted by Nixon at 2022-05-25 08:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The job of a priest/preacher/pastor/whatever is to brainwash adults and to groom and indoctrinate children. They provide absolutely nothing of value yet are allowed to scam parishioners freely and pay no taxes on the results of their grift, and for some unfathomable reason we let their churches protect them from consequences when they rape the very children they're supposed to be helping.

#21 | Posted by qcp at 2022-05-25 09:23 AM | Reply

I read this Pastor's words and I believe him.

Of course you do. You're a Jesus freak.

I read the words. I saw a highly polished, manipulative, intentionally worded speech that was anything but an organic confession and genuine outreach for forgiveness.

I'm guessing something forced his hand and this was a play to maintain his grip on his "flock," to keep the money and powertrip flowing.

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2022-05-25 10:52 AM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON

Well, I an say as an outsider that the reason it's "complicated" is because it's little more than a pissing contest requiring balance between appearing pious and not committing sins to win.

#23 | Posted by jpw at 2022-05-25 10:54 AM | Reply

Jpw,

Or as the old joke goes, "can I do it just until I need glasses?"

#24 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2022-05-25 01:21 PM | Reply

Jpw,

I don't believe I'm a "Jesus freak" but I can think of worse insults.

#25 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2022-05-25 02:49 PM | Reply

That you fall for this kind of con makes you a Jesus freak.

Even when asking for "forgiveness" he's a lying, manipulative snake in the grass.

Screw that guy. No, he doesn't deserve forgiveness.

#26 | Posted by jpw at 2022-05-25 04:24 PM | Reply

The saving grace of this is the response by folks at the end of the movie (if you haven't seen it).

People reaching out to pat her on the shoulder, give her a hug. Let her and her family know they're in their corner.

It exemplifies why religion is almost always a powerful thing at an individual level but a bad, often evil thing at an organized, "follow me" level.

#27 | Posted by jpw at 2022-05-25 04:26 PM | Reply