Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Chris Cillizza: Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert was trying to make the point that the scales of justice are tilted against Republicans these days. He did it in the worst possible way. "If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you," Gohmert said in a Friday interview on NewsMax. "They're going to bury you, they're going to put you in the DC jail and terrorize and torture you and not live up to the Constitution there."

Comments

Wrong, Louie.
You can lie.
Just not as easily as you're used to lying.

#1 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2022-06-08 08:11 AM | Reply

How does this idiot continue to get reelected?

#2 | Posted by jpw at 2022-06-08 11:23 AM | Reply

I thought Trumpers loved seeing "these thugs" locked up.

"when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon " you just see them thrown in, rough " I said, please don't be too nice. (Laughter.)

Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you're protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over?

Like, don't hit their head and they've just killed somebody don't hit their head. I said, you can take the hand away, okay?"

(Laughter and applause.)

#3 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-06-08 11:32 AM | Reply

Right square in the nose, there Donnerboy! Very well put. Post of the day!

#4 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2022-06-08 12:14 PM | Reply

Poor Gohmert, he used to proudly wear the crown as the stupidest person in Congress. "Gohmert" literally used to be a metaphor for stupid, but he's been passed up by Bobert and Margie Trailer Grease, and of course Matty pay for my underage teenage prositutes with Venmo Gaetz. So old Gohmert, in an effort to regain his status in the GQP makes this absurd statement. I gotta say Louie, your Asparagus ain't nothing next to the QAnon darlings Bobert and Trailer Grease.

#5 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2022-06-08 01:02 PM | Reply

Relax Louis. You can still lie to your wife and the American People all you want.

#6 | Posted by moder8 at 2022-06-08 01:21 PM | Reply

Margie Trailer Grease

I prefer to use MTGazpacho. Because "Gazpacho police" is still one of the funnier things I've heard in a while. It was truly a culinary crime. I'm not yet sure if they are with or against Anti-Pho.

But back to wannabe Slick Louie, he seems to suggest that lying is just part of being a Republican. He just doesn't do it well enough. Did he not attend Trump University?

#7 | Posted by El_Buscador at 2022-06-08 01:46 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

How does this idiot continue to get reelected?

#2 | Posted by jpw at 2022-06-08 11:23 AM | Reply | Flag:

How do any of these hayseeds in TX get elected?

They hit on all right buttons.... god....guns....gays.

#8 | Posted by Nixon at 2022-06-09 09:18 AM | Reply

Because "Gazpacho police"

Don't forget the peach tree dish.

#9 | Posted by Nixon at 2022-06-09 09:19 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

And this twit used to be a judge....

#10 | Posted by morris at 2022-06-09 11:06 AM | Reply

... in Texas.

#11 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2022-06-09 11:37 AM | Reply

Don't forget the peach tree dish.

#9 | POSTED BY NIXON

More funny ----. I wish I could remember the comic's name, I saw a comedy show where the comic's schtick was just reading that day's local newspaper and making comments on the stories. He said why waste time writing a routine when all the comedy you need comes out of politician's mouths every day. He was pretty good.

#12 | Posted by El_Buscador at 2022-06-09 11:58 AM | Reply

Mort Sahl?

#13 | Posted by YAV at 2022-06-09 03:57 PM | Reply

No, but very much that style. I don't even know if I'd recognize the name.

#14 | Posted by El_Buscador at 2022-06-09 05:36 PM | Reply