Sunday, June 12, 2022

Former President Donald Trump could face his first charges for trying to overturn the results of the 2020 election as early as this month.

Comments

"Legal experts are anticipating that Willis' probe will likely lead to criminal charges for Trump, and suggest that those charges could be the first of many across the country.

"It wouldn't surprise me for Georgia to become the first jurisdiction to indict a former president on felony charges. I doubt it'll be the last. And I think the charges will stick," Laurence Tribe, professor emeritus of constitutional law at Harvard University, tweeted last month."

;

Frog walk the Orange Perp!

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2022-06-11 11:36 PM | Reply

This is hilarious, really....

Roger Stone, Mike Lindell, Eric Trump draw YUGE crowd of nearly... wait for it... 500 people at most at 1/6 Trump Rally in Florida.

www.ocala.com

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2022-06-11 11:44 PM | Reply

If he gets charged I'm going to put wanted posters up all over town.

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2022-06-12 12:10 AM | Reply

Roger Lindell??

#4 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-06-12 11:38 AM | Reply

#@2

Woof, the cited article is not surprising to read.

From it...

... "I am living proof that Jesus Christ can do anything," Stone said. ...

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-06-12 11:43 AM | Reply

Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2022-06-12 02:09 PM | Reply

Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

#6 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2022-06-12 02:

If Trump announces a new candidacy in the next few weeks it means that HE expects to see it.

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2022-06-12 02:25 PM | Reply

I've still got several bets out against Trump ever serving time from a conviction. While I hope I'm wrong, I still expect to win.

#8 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2022-06-12 05:12 PM | Reply

I don't see that happening either. I do think all those low level hooligans on the ground doing selfies now finding themselves in prison is funny as ----.

#9 | Posted by REDIAL at 2022-06-12 05:36 PM | Reply

REDIAL

"I don't see that happening either."

Same here, but not for the same reasons. Even if he's found guilty on all charges, I don't think he'll outlive the years and years of appeals ~ or if he does, he'll be so deep in mental decline as to make prison an untenable option.

The stage certainly looks like it's been set for that very thing.

There seems to be a few contenders out there vying hard for the opportunity ~ any one of them smarter and more focused than Trump.

#10 | Posted by Twinpac at 2022-06-12 08:12 PM | Reply

"In the meantime, however, I'm more concerned about the GOP's long range plans and who they pick to carry the mantle of subversion, post-Trump."

My bet is on DeSantis for the 2024 GOP presidential candidate.

#11 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2022-06-12 08:15 PM | Reply

I'm inclined to believe that too, and have said so on numerous other threads. Getting a unanimous jury would seemingly be very difficult.

However, the thing you keep hearing is if he did something, charge him - this is from his defenders.

That bravado should be challenged - and they should charge him and let the dice role about a conviction. People at a high level shouldn't just do what they want because they think they can just do want they want.

This guy lost, knew it, and wanted to change the result.

What he did after the election thru Jan 6 (and thru today even!) is an embarrassment to the American experiment.

#12 | Posted by brass30 at 2022-06-12 08:24 PM | Reply

I don't think he'll outlive the years and years of appeals

Exactly.

My bet is on DeSantis for the 2024 GOP presidential candidate.

Probably, but can't rule out out another "outsider" like Sucker or Hannity.

#13 | Posted by REDIAL at 2022-06-12 08:26 PM | Reply

My bet is on DeSantis for the 2024 GOP presidential candidate.

Gal - any Republican in their right mind should be going with DeSantis.

Personally, I'd bury Trump is so much legal trouble that he'd be unable to run.

That's because he doesn't DERSERVE to run.

He should have been impeached.

#14 | Posted by brass30 at 2022-06-12 08:26 PM | Reply

He WAS impeached, twice.

Trump can't run. Too damn old. He'd be 78 upon inauguration. Only idiots would vote for somebody that old.

#15 | Posted by willowby at 2022-06-12 08:42 PM | Reply

@Willowby you mean like the Democrats just did with Biden? Lolz

#16 | Posted by Reginald at 2022-06-12 09:34 PM | Reply

Former President Donald Trump wouldn't get Rep. Don Bacon's (R-Neb.) vote in the 2024 primary election if the former president chose to run again, Bacon told NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday.

The big picture: Speaking of the 2020 election, Bacon said voters were "tired of the name-calling, the Twitter. But they, by and large, liked the policies," citing Republicans gaining seats in the House.

www.axios.com

#17 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2022-06-12 09:39 PM | Reply

BRASSO

Trump was never the end game for the GOP. They're smarter than that. But he did set the stage for his successor(s), providing the U.S. Supreme Court holds fast on their grant to state legislators the right to pervert the election.

That's when the precedent will be set to attain the GOP's goals. Not just for future elections but also for the number of states needed to ratify amendments to the Constitution.

#18 | Posted by Twinpac at 2022-06-12 09:46 PM | Reply

Willowby you mean like the Democrats just did with Biden?

My, you're just sharp as a tack, aren't you?

#19 | Posted by REDIAL at 2022-06-12 09:49 PM | Reply

Sharp as a bowling ball more like...

#20 | Posted by Corky at 2022-06-13 12:45 AM | Reply

@Corky I was dead panning you idiot.

#21 | Posted by Reginald at 2022-06-13 01:21 AM | Reply

It's amazing that Trump's style hadn't caught up with him after all these years. When NYC was reeling Trump brought his hubris to Manhattan and became a star in the city's economic resurgence. Of course it helped that the Donald knew the building & carting trade rackets and knew how to squeeze down hard on legal types and all others who got in his way. But, after bringing his talents to Atlantic City, the banking world fell for his "golden touch" " until Trump Casino filed bankruptcy.

I was a young Wall St. national accounts banker at the time, and that Trump bankruptcy taught my colleagues & me that the Donald was just a big-talking, swaggering, selfish empty suit with decidedly low credibility. Still, strangely, some other bankers kept lending to Trump Inc. & kept getting burned. Then Trump became a "reality" TV star (premise: anti-social behavior makes employees into superstars!) and every yokel who never knew his corporate & personal chicanery became smitten.

After that Trump & Putin began their strange bromance, and Trump's aspiration to construct Trump Tower Russia - a proposed on paper tallest skyscraper in Europe - became the collar & leash Putin needed to convert Trump into an oligarch envying subject. It helped that Putin's bank could pump billions to finance Trump's cooked-books ventures.

Well-backed by Putin's rubles, trained to lie cheat and defraud with impunity, it's no winder Trump believed he was Teflon, and believed Putin's whispers more than his Director of National Intelligence's AM briefings.

Putin and mafia dons may have imposing "leadership" styles that have "worked". Just like Trump's TV show rewarded "me-first, you-last" office behavior. Those behaviors would be disastrous if everyone embraced that style, but apparently it's been a winning style for the Donald. Trump's base doesn't care. They're not lending Trump Inc. their bank's assets, their just trying to give him more power over their world & country.

#22 | Posted by Augustine at 2022-06-13 05:04 AM | Reply

It's amazing that Trump's style hadn't caught up with him after all these years. When NYC was reeling Trump brought his hubris to Manhattan and became a star in the city's economic resurgence. Of course it helped that the Donald knew the building & carting trade rackets and knew how to squeeze down hard on legal types and all others who got in his way. But, after bringing his talents to Atlantic City, the banking world fell for his "golden touch" until Trump Casino filed bankruptcy.

#23 | Posted by Augustine at 2022-06-13 05:06 AM | Reply

Giulianni '24: A Man For Four Seasons!

#24 | Posted by moder8 at 2022-06-13 11:37 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Charge
Try
Convict
Execute

#25 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-06-13 10:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

inauguration. Only idiots would vote for somebody that old.

#15 | POSTED BY WILLOWBY

Only idiots would would have voted for Trumpy no matter how old.

And you don't understand your Trumpy if you don't realize Trumpy has to run to protect Trumpy. Being as Trumpy is the only thing Trumpy is worried about.

#26 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-06-14 12:06 AM | Reply