Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Maybe it's simply because Prohibition is now nearly one century into our rearview, but mainstream brands seem to be more willing to embrace alcohol in recent years.

Comments

Cats and dogs, living together.

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-06-14 03:58 PM | Reply

We already got that weak shht in Arizona.

#2 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2022-06-14 04:29 PM | Reply

Black Jack and Coke?

That's a sacrilege!

#3 | Posted by Twinpac at 2022-06-14 06:11 PM | Reply

Redneck, hillbilly, manure.

A step above vodka and diet Pepsi, I reckon...

#4 | Posted by Angrydad at 2022-06-14 07:00 PM | Reply

vodka and diet Pepsi

Please tell me that is not a thing.

#5 | Posted by REDIAL at 2022-06-14 07:05 PM | Reply

I know a MD his drink is Captian Morgan and Diet Coke

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-06-14 07:06 PM | Reply

I drink rum and diet coke. I'm not sure what Captain Morgan is, but it's not rum.

#7 | Posted by REDIAL at 2022-06-14 07:17 PM | Reply

I was never a fan of Jack Daniels and Coke, preferring Rum and Coke, but I don't drink the spiced Rum, I prefer Bacardi Gold. BTW, if you're ever in San Juan, Porto Rico, stop by for a tour of the Bacardi distillery. It's worth the time and effort.

OCU

#8 | Posted by OCUser at 2022-06-14 07:21 PM | Reply

I was never a fan of Jack Daniels period. Even less so after someone at a friend's wedding invited me to drink bottoms-up a full glass of what thought was beer. It wasn't.

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2022-06-14 08:00 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY OCUSER

It's a Cuba Libre, for chrissakes.
And you need Mexican coke for this to work.

#10 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-06-14 08:27 PM | Reply

Some call it the "JPW", but he doesn't drink Coke.

#11 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2022-06-14 11:54 PM | Reply

JPW simply shotguns vodka. His drunkenness certainly explains his adolescent understanding of how the world operates.

#12 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-06-15 12:01 AM | Reply

When I moved to Nashville in '86 anyone could drive drinking a beer ... as long as it was in a paper sack. Too funny!

I guess it was for safety in case foam spouted or spill a little it lessened the chances of an accident because any serious beer drinker would swerve to save a beer. That was so funny.

#13 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2022-06-15 02:36 AM | Reply

Jack in the can..lib drink.

#14 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2022-06-15 07:33 AM | Reply

Ohh! Carcinogens and corn syrup! Yum!

#15 | Posted by Brennnn at 2022-06-15 10:19 AM | Reply

blech... nope that's more a republicl0wn drink...if you can't dye it blue, stick an orange slice in it and an umbrella on it... it's pure cl0wn juice...

Exhibit A

Rudy Guiliani

#16 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2022-06-15 10:46 AM | Reply

At one time in Texas, you could buy your pick-up trucks with a built-in cooler where the center console used to be, to keep your beer cold. As long as you didn't throw the empty cans out of the window, you were probably safe.

OCU

#17 | Posted by OCUser at 2022-06-15 10:51 AM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE AT 2022-06-15 07:33 AM | FLAG: DRINKS FRESCA AND GIN

#18 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-06-15 12:53 PM | Reply

I do like Jack and Coke. Also; Absolut Citron w/ tonic and a lemon, tequila reposada w/ grapefruit juice and a splash of orange liqueur, or a well made mojito.

But something tells me this canned ---- isn't going to cut it

#19 | Posted by El_Buscador at 2022-06-15 10:16 PM | Reply

Gimme a Jack and Ginger

#20 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2022-06-16 09:27 AM | Reply

They say the alcohol is a crutch. Well, if that's the case, Jack Daniel's is a wheel chair. The only person that can understand what a Jack Daniel's drinker is saying is another Jack Daniel's drinker.

#21 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2022-06-16 10:56 AM | Reply

This is probably apocryphal, but when I toured the Macallan distillery the tour guide told a story about a good ol' boy from Louisiana.
He was at the part of the tour where we're tasting and the guide said "There's really no wrong way to drink Scotch. Neat, with a little water, even on the rocks"
Bubba pipes up "I like it with Mountain Dew!"

We all cracked up.

#22 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-06-16 11:30 AM | Reply

#22 | POSTED BY LEGALLYYOURDEAD

That is funny

Was that part of the Malt Whisky Trail? I understand that's one of the definitive things to do on a trip to Scotland. I'm hoping to get there in the next couple years.

#23 | Posted by El_Buscador at 2022-06-16 12:22 PM | Reply