Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Pressed on the [January 6] committee's revelation as he left the Capitol on Tuesday, [Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron] Johnson awkwardly squirmed to get out of answering reporters' questions on the matter. Johnson first claimed to be on the phone as he attempted to dodge journalists. After a reporter pointed out that it looked like Johnson's phone was off, the senator pinned the blame on an unnamed House intern, who he claimed somehow obtained a packet of information on the fake electors and dropped it off at the senator's office.

Comments

He was "talking on the phone."

Liar.

#1 | Posted by anton at 2022-06-22 06:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He needed time to think of his defense - blame it on his staff and pretend he knew nothing.

#2 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-06-22 08:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Was the intern under his desk?

#3 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2022-06-22 09:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Senator Yon Yonson of Wisconsin.

#4 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2022-06-23 06:31 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I've pulled that one, but not when anyone could see my phone's screen.

#5 | Posted by RJSquirrel at 2022-06-23 08:35 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Nit a fan of RoJo, but iPhone screen does go dark when placed up to ear.

#6 | Posted by pugz at 2022-06-23 09:17 AM | Reply

Switchboard Susan, won't you give me a line?
I need a doctor, give me 999
First time I picked up the telephone
I fell in love with your ringing tone

I'm a long distance romancer
I keep on trying till I get an answer
Gimme gimme one more chance
She's a greater little operator

Switchboard Susan, let me off the hook
I've been this way since you give me your look
Switchboard Susan, you're all the rage
Come on sugar, let's get engaged
--Nick Lowe, "Switchboard Susan"

#7 | Posted by catdog at 2022-06-23 09:22 AM | Reply

I am from WI, and therefore a constituent of ROJO. I have worked against him twice and will do so again. Maybe this time we can retire him to running his family's plastic factory into the ground.

Your local Democratic party office needs volunteers to assemble mailings, put yard signs together, knock on doors, telephone banking, etc.

Register. Vote ROJO out.