Saturday, August 06, 2022

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has seemingly found his fountain of youth, as he was named the NFL MVP in each of the last two seasons despite aging into his late 30s. In a recent interview on The Aubrey Marcus Podcast, Rodgers attributed his recent success to psychedelics. Rodgers revealed that the Ayahuasca plant, which is found in South America, has helped improve his mental health.

Comments

"I think there's so many myths and rumors about it," Rodgers said during the interview. "The fear around it is, you're going to s--t yourself, it's just a big throw-up fest ... but the negative framework of it is that is the experience, not the deep and meaningful and crazy mind-expanding possibilities, and also deep self-love and healing that can happen on the other side."

Rodgers knew the experience would make him a changed man immediately, saying "I came back and knew that I was never gonna be the same."

"I had a magical experience with the sensation of feeling a hundred different hands on my body imparting a blessing of love and forgiveness for myself and gratitude for this life from what seemed to be my ancestors," Rodgers said when describing his first experience.

Rodgers added that he previously experimented with mushrooms before trying Ayahuasca.

Now, Rodgers believes he's more equipped to lead the Packers to glory -- and the Ayahuasca plant has helped with that.

"To be way more free at work, as a leader, as a teammate, as a friend, as a lover," Rodgers said. "I really feel like that experience paved the way for me to have the best season of my career."

He sounds pretty mellow...

www.youtube.com

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2022-08-05 07:40 PM | Reply

Sammy Sosa again?

Report: Sosa tested positive in 2003
www.espn.com

..."To be clear, I have never taken illegal performance-enhancing drugs."

"I have never injected myself or had anyone inject me with anything," he told the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on March 17, 2005. "I have not broken the laws of the United States or the laws of the Dominican Republic. I have been tested as recently as 2004, and I am clean."...

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-08-05 07:40 PM | Reply

@#1 ... He sounds pretty mellow... ...

Yea, like shrooms do that to you, man....

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-08-05 07:41 PM | Reply

"Dave's not here!"

www.youtube.com

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2022-08-05 07:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

@#4

A classic. Cheech and Chong. So many memories....

Everything You Know Is Wrong (Side A) - The Firesign Theatre
www.youtube.com

They don't make records like that anymore.

"Hello seeker!"

Precious....

You have to listen to this...

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-08-05 08:24 PM | Reply

50 Years Ago Today, Pirates Pitcher Dock Ellis Threw a No-Hitter While Tripping on LSD
www.barstoolsports.com

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-08-06 12:27 PM | Reply

The producers over at 'Jeopardy' must be thanking God that they did didn't pick Rodgers as the host to replace Alex Trebek.

OCU

#7 | Posted by OCUser at 2022-08-06 02:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

POSTED BY CORKY

So vaccines bad but random drugs are good?

#8 | Posted by Sycophant at 2022-08-06 03:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Apparently, yeah.

Aaron might be more inclined to vaccines if he could trip on them.

During college I tripped on acid, mescaline, and the free psilocybin that grew under the cow paddies of east TX. Of course, that was all research for my psyche major, lol.

#9 | Posted by Corky at 2022-08-06 04:17 PM | Reply

Rogers is a moron who gets his medical info from joe rogan.

#10 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-08-06 05:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Me thinks it damaged his brain.

#11 | Posted by Tor at 2022-08-06 06:06 PM | Reply

Your Drug Warrior brain is the one that's damaged.

Swallow it.

#12 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2022-08-06 06:08 PM | Reply

Oh yeah he hasn't said anything nuts in the last couple of years.

Get back to your crack pipe.

#13 | Posted by Tor at 2022-08-06 06:25 PM | Reply

^&^

Ladies, pleeeze!

#14 | Posted by Corky at 2022-08-06 08:15 PM | Reply

#13 | POSTED BY TOR

Keep telling yourself that, must be the only thing helping you sleep at night: Anyone who disagrees with you MUST be addicted to drugs.

TOR is the quintessential Drug Warrior that prefers systemic racism and the consequences stemming from mass incarceration.

It's really sad and pathetic. He has REFUSED to evolve on this topic for more than a decade. Worse, he has zero understanding of how cause versus correlation differentiate.

Hey TOR, swallow it.

#15 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2022-08-06 08:35 PM | Reply

Hi ----! WTF encouraged you to crawl out from beneath your rock?

#16 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2022-08-06 08:36 PM | Reply

Cocaine's a hell of a drug and apparently you've been doing a lot of it.

Hope you enjoy the sight of your grandmother crawling up your leg with a knife.

#17 | Posted by Tor at 2022-08-06 08:43 PM | Reply

Much more clever and funny than what I was going for... not overkill at all. Great werk!

#18 | Posted by Corky at 2022-08-06 08:56 PM | Reply

It's Newsworthy of Rodgers to go public with this aspect of his personal life. Good for him

#19 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2022-08-07 07:09 PM | Reply

OCU

#7 | Posted by OCUser

He came off as smug, full of himself, and not likeable.

I was rooting for Ken Jennings or Miyim Bialik. They're doing a great job in the opinion of this lifelong Jeopardy fan.

#20 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2022-08-08 01:39 AM | Reply