Monday, August 15, 2022

Donald Trump claims FBI agents seized his passports when executing a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago. Investigators seized 11 sets of classified documents during the Aug. 8 search for possible violations of the Espionage Act, and the former president complained a week later that FBI agents had taken three passports from his private residence. "Wow! In the raid by the FBI of Mar-a-Lago, they stole my three Passports (one expired), along with everything else," Trump posted on his Truth Social network. "This is an assault on a political opponent at a level never seen before in our Country. Third World!"

Comments

3 passports, 1 expired. 1 Russian?

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-08-15 02:24 PM | Reply

#1 - exactly what I was wondering! Who has two passports other than people with dual-citizenship? How'd he get the extra one? What country is it for? It's not from his father. Oddly Trump is confused about his own father's place of birth:

Of all the odd, counterfactual and conspiratorial claims President Trump has made over the past four years or so, this one may take the cake: He said Tuesday that his father was born in Germany, even though he wasn't.

It is at least the third time he has said this.

"My father is German " was German," Trump said. "Born in a very wonderful place in Germany, so I have a great feeling for Germany."

"Both of my parents are from the E.U., despite the fact they don't treat us well on trade."

This is not true. Fred Trump is of German descent, and his father was a German immigrant. But Fred Trump was born in New York.

www.washingtonpost.com

So that leaves his mother as a possible source. She's a Scot, so he may have a UK passport? Mary Anne MacLeod was born on the Hebridean Isle of Lewis, Scotland.

#2 | Posted by YAV at 2022-08-15 02:36 PM | Reply

My mother was born in Scotland, but I believe my chance to claim a Scottish passport ended around 1990. Trump, being older than me, may have staked his claim years ago.

If I'm wrong, please let me know so I can get a Scottish passport!

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-08-15 03:29 PM | Reply

Friend of mine's mom was born in England, she got dual passport this year.

#4 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-08-15 04:13 PM | Reply

Vlad will be glad to issue Tubby Trump a passport.

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2022-08-15 04:32 PM | Reply

Nearly everything Trump says is a lie and I don't believe him. I'm not saying it is not true, I just have no reason to believe it if the only evidence is this claim from Trump. If it is true this would seem to be a sign that he may be looking at imminent arrest.

#6 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2022-08-15 04:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm skeptical. First, the warrant does not authorize seizure of any passport. Second, no passports are listed on the inventory. See Exhibit B and the inventory, s3.documentcloud.org

Sounds more like Buffoon male bovine fecal matter.

#7 | Posted by et_al at 2022-08-15 04:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

... seized his passports...

I was wondering if they were going to do this.

But then the question becomes, what destination might the FBI think fmr Pres Trump may have in mind?

Are they concerned fmr Pres Trump might pull an Edward Snowden?

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-08-15 07:18 PM | Reply

Seems like they might have ...
twitter.com

#9 | Posted by oneironaut at 2022-08-15 08:39 PM | Reply

So Trump team now publicizing this email, which shows:

1) DOJ obtained three passports (two expired, not one, as Trump said) and alerted Trump lawyers
2) They were recovered by a filter team, which weeds out privileged info.
3) Trump publicized this after DOJ offered them back

twitter.com

#10 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2022-08-15 08:53 PM | Reply

Number 3).
He really is a piece of ----.

#11 | Posted by YAV at 2022-08-15 09:13 PM | Reply

This story highlights how Conservatives always need to be the victim.

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-08-15 09:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I always keep my passports in my box of stolen government secrets.

#13 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-08-15 09:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1