Wednesday, August 17, 2022

A software entrepreneur and scion of a family that's been involved in state politics for many years, [Nick Begich is] running as a conservative, but a slightly less bombastic one than ]Sarah] Palin. Relatedly, keen-eyed local observers may have noticed something unusual about the venue at which he spoke to supporters and a number of national reporters on election night: It was the Wasilla home of Jim and Faye Palin, who are respectively the father and stepmother of Sarah Palin's ex-husband Todd.

Comments

I don't mean jobs like construction where guys can look forward to the blazing heat and freezing cold I mean nice entry level jobs like receptionist or sales clerk.

She said I was a sexist pig to which I responded ok then explain Sarah Palin's life.

She's not smart enough to graduate from college, to be mayor, or be elected governor of Alaska but she accomplished all of these and even got nominated to be VP.

The poor lady had nothing.

FTR I have since realized it's not just women but attractive men as well.

I like Obama but sure as there were turds that only voted for him because he's black others voted for him because they found him attractive.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2022-08-17 11:14 PM | Reply

"I once told a feminist women often have it easier because sex appeal is all they often need to get ahead of men in life."

As a character actor, I'd be cast a lot alongside models for group shots in photo shoots. I realized the rap "beautiful people" get -- they're just vapid and pretty -- is in large-part true: most of them haven't had to jump a single hurdle in life. Instead, it was always "let me help you with this", or "let me pass you in that", or "let me open this door"...and they never had to develop character, which often comes from being knocked over and getting up, or having to jump a hurdle you thought you couldn't. Frankly, those were the saddest: you knew as soon as their looks went, so would their lives (and livelihoods).

"FTR I have since realized it's not just women but attractive men as well."

Agreed. The only think more vapid than pretty women is pretty men. A general rule of thumb about male models: If they ever had an original thought, it die of loneliness.

#2 | Posted by Danforth at 2022-08-17 11:32 PM | Reply

^died

#3 | Posted by Danforth at 2022-08-17 11:37 PM | Reply

I actually know of one male model who I actually think is pretty cool.

But aside from him and Fabio (How did he make his career last so long?) I tend to think of them as Zoolander extras.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2022-08-17 11:52 PM | Reply

"I tend to think of (male models) as Zoolander extras."

You're being kind.

#5 | Posted by Danforth at 2022-08-17 11:56 PM | Reply

"You're being kind."

Ok...Zoolander and his friends dousing themselves in gas?

#6 | Posted by Tor at 2022-08-17 11:59 PM | Reply

What does make or female attractiveness have to do with any Palin?

#7 | Posted by RJSquirrel at 2022-08-18 07:01 AM | Reply

As someone who actually lived in Wasilla AK for 14 years... I was there when she was mayor of said town and when she took the VP nomination... I can tell you she is very typical of a lifelong Alaskan woman. Mouthy, bossy, sassy, and most of all insular... or provincial if you are being polite.

Alaska is on the merit of its climate one of the most dangerous states to live in. Women are emancipated there. The environment calls for it. I felt she was fine for Alaska but not for the rest of the country... the only people that fit in AK are people that don't fit elsewhere. Sarah can afford to move anywhere in the world now... she stays in Alaska for a reason. I don't think she knows her $#!t won't fly anywhere else.

I find her position puzzling because Ted Stevens was very pro-choice.

#8 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2022-08-18 08:17 AM | Reply

#2 | Posted by Danforth

I've played musicians in some movies and TV shows (what a stretch, right? LOL). The funniest shoot was my hands (only) doing the playing for an actor. Didn't even have to go to the makeup trailer. They checked to make sure my nails were clipped and jacket/sleeves were the right color and that was that. That actor and I just spoke a month ago and had a good chuckle about it.

#9 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2022-08-18 11:26 AM | Reply

"What does make or female attractiveness have to do with any Palin?"

When you can't hear her she's really attractive.

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2022-08-18 11:50 AM | Reply

First of all Todd Palin is an idiot for being married living with that nasty Karen for so long. Though I bet he is thrilled not to have a shrill "Taaaawwwwddddd ... ... ." Coming his way every 15 seconds.

#11 | Posted by a_monson at 2022-08-18 06:41 PM | Reply