Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Steve Bannon is expected to surrender Thursday to face New York state charges related to his fundraising effort to build a wall along the southern US border, people familiar with the matter say.

Comments

"The state charges, which have been returned in an indictment, are based on the same conduct Bannon was charged with by federal prosecutors in 2020.

Then-President Donald Trump pardoned Bannon on the federal fraud charges related to the alleged scheme as he was leaving office. Presidential pardons do not apply to state investigations.

The Manhattan district attorney's office opened an investigation into Bannon and the crowd-fundraising effort called "We Build The Wall" after the pardon.

As CNN previously reported, federal prosecutors with the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York had charged Bannon and three others, alleging they had defrauded donors in the border wall effort, which raised more than $25 million."

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2022-09-07 01:37 AM | Reply

Mexico will pay for it.

#2 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2022-09-07 05:07 AM | Reply

And here I thought we'd sealed the deal for Steve to guest edit the Vogue "Fashion: An Alternative" edition. Ah, well, tomorrow's another day.
~ Anna Wintour

#3 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2022-09-07 06:34 AM | Reply

""They are coming after all of us, not only President Trump and myself. I am never going to stop fighting," Bannon vowed. "In fact, I have not yet begun to fight. They will have to kill me first."

#4 | Posted by Nixon at 2022-09-07 09:07 AM | Reply

Preemptive Martyr-hood claims noted. Oooo, he's such a victim...eh GQPers? Better go storm the Klink he's in.
C'mon, go get him!

FREE STEVE BANNON!

Lets hear it now!

FREE STEVE BANNON!

#5 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2022-09-07 09:49 AM | Reply

All these fools deserve to die in prison.

#6 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-09-07 10:29 AM | Reply

LEGALLY

I doubt if he even learns a single lesson in prison. He'll just come out angry and more determined than ever to beat the system. If he dies in prison, it will only be because his crimes will become worse and the sentences become longer.

#7 | Posted by Twinpac at 2022-09-07 01:30 PM | Reply

FREE STEVE BANNON!

#5 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2022-09-07 09:49 AM | Reply

Steve Bannon, my Icon and the true heir to Lord Trumps throne as Grifter in Chief.He has the connections to liquidate those state secrets into real cash.Trump couldn't move that merchandise fast enough and got caught.Steve has a stable of "exiled" chinese billionare friends willing to pay top dollar for that info so he won't get caught holding by the leftest FBI.

#8 | Posted by Scotty at 2022-09-07 03:14 PM | Reply

I hope they hose him down before they let him indoors. I can tell he smells from here.

#9 | Posted by RJSquirrel at 2022-09-08 05:30 AM | Reply

I sure hope they deem him a flight risk and keep him locked up, after a dip in a vat of Lysol, of course.

#10 | Posted by Yodagirl at 2022-09-08 02:46 PM | Reply

I'm surprised they allowed him to turn himself in. Isn't the normal MO a pre-Dawn raid at home with CNN on hand to film it or arrest and shackle in a very public place when it comes to those within Trump's circle?

#11 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-09-08 03:13 PM | Reply

Put him in jail before somebody gets to him.

#12 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-08 03:40 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY BELLRINGER AT 2022-09-08 03:13 PM | FLAG: TRIGGERED LITTLE BITCH

#13 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-09-08 04:09 PM | Reply