Wednesday, September 07, 2022

It's incredible that this man really thought he should run for office after publicly weighing in on people "smashing" their cousins, among other things.

Comments

Seems like it was also OK for John Quincy Adams, 6th president of the US-- he allowed his son to marry his first cousin. Maybe we should cancel him.

Charles Darwin thought it OK to marry his first cousin. So did Albert Einstein.

#1 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2022-09-07 02:07 PM | Reply

Adams first born was a worthless drunk.

and Einstein's kids had health problems possibly stemming from inbreeding.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-07 02:11 PM | Reply

Boaz just found his candidate that will forgive him for all that daughter diddling. All ---------- child molesters will rejoice that Dr. Oz is OK with them!

#3 | Posted by Enlightened at 2022-09-07 02:30 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Honestly, if the cousins aren't going to have children, who cares?

In the rural area where I live, there's only so many people around and everyone is related. I've known several couples that got together and later found out they were related. One couple had been together for several years before finding out they were cousins. They're in their 50s and both fixed, so whatever. I still give them a hard time.

I'm lucky because most of my extended family left before they procreated, so I'm not related to a lot of people around here besides my immediate family.

And no, I've never doinked a family member, not extended or otherwise.

#4 | Posted by horstngraben at 2022-09-07 03:03 PM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY NERFHERDER AT 2022-09-07 02:07 PM | FLAG: COUSIN-LOVER

#5 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-09-07 03:03 PM | Reply

"My daughters hate my smell.'

That's because you stink like a quack.

#6 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-09-07 03:04 PM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY HORSTNGRABEN

That you know of, per your example.

#7 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2022-09-07 05:16 PM | Reply

Lol. Indeed. But I'm pretty sure.

#8 | Posted by horstngraben at 2022-09-07 05:24 PM | Reply

What's the deal with Republicans and inbreeding?

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-07 06:36 PM | Reply

I have always said he was a freak. How did he end up on TV?

#10 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2022-09-07 09:07 PM | Reply

Boom.

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2022-09-07 09:53 PM | Reply

"and Einstein's kids had health problems possibly stemming from inbreeding"

That's a pretty sloppy statement. First off, Einstein and his first cousin (2nd wife) didn't even have kids. You are thinking of his first wife, who was not related.

If you are going to go around Drudge and ask MAGAts to stop spreading conjecture and misinformation you should at least do so yourself.

#12 | Posted by Nerfherder at 2022-09-07 09:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

@#11 ... Since same sex couples would not have a problem with inbreeding, there is no argument against same sex ------. Ergo, there is no valid argument against ------ in general, because it is wrong to discriminate based on sexual orientation. ...

So your comment fails in its most basic premise.

Not a surprise, considering the history of the alias.

Do try harder. You're embarrassing yourself.

#13 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-09-07 10:05 PM | Reply

"Your comment inherently and erroneously conflates same-sex intercourse with the human reproductive process and the results thereof."

No it does not. You read that into my comment, Lamploser.

Sexual relations between close relatives are usually treated as a crime even when there is no reproduction involved.

#14 | Posted by sentinel at 2022-09-07 10:09 PM | Reply

"#5 POSTED BY LEGALLYRETARDED AT 2022-09-07 03:03 PM | REPLY |"

I have first and second cousins in both the United States and Switzerland. In Switzerland it's more common for first cousins and second cousins to marry.

In general, Europe has a more lax attitude about sex than America.

Even though Dr. Oz is a complete idiot, he reflects the common European attitude about marriage between cousins. Try focusing on all his other detrimental aspects and stop being such a pestiferous prude.

#15 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2022-09-07 10:12 PM | Reply

@#14 ... No it does not. You read that into my comment, Lamploser. ...

I read your comment as it was posted.

So, instead of the deflective comment, maybe it would be better if your alias posts exactly where you disagree with what I posted.

In other words, do try harder, you're embarrassing yourself with your inability to provide a reply.

#16 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-09-07 10:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

^
Don't quit your day job.

Unless...

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-09-07 10:25 PM | Reply

fIREHOSE - Sometimes
www.youtube.com

(no, that's not a caps-lock issue, that's the way it is on my album...)

Fun tune...

#18 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-09-07 10:26 PM | Reply

"That your first reply was an ad hominem attack, instead of a cogent gainsay, only weakens your apparent position."

#19 | Posted by sentinel at 2022-09-07 10:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

@#19 ... Your first reply to me was an ad hominem attack, Mr. Pot. But please, keep projecting your embarrassment. It's quite amusing. ...

My first criticism to you was...

Your comment inherently and erroneously conflates same-sex intercourse with the human reproductive process and the results thereof....

It was directly at your comment, not your alias.

Note the "Your comment" aspect and not "you."

Your alias really needs to try harder.

Jus' sayin'

#20 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-09-07 10:54 PM | Reply

@#17 ... Don't quit your day job ...

Where do we go to request better trolls here?

Any suggestions?

#21 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-09-07 10:58 PM | Reply

"Where do we go to request better trolls here?
Any suggestions?"

Trolls need a strong leader to show them, by example, how it's done. I nominate your alias.

#22 | Posted by sentinel at 2022-09-08 12:10 AM | Reply

First, second, third cousins? Mach's nichts. Just look at how we turned out.
~ The Lantern-Jawed, Tiny-Brained Hapsburgs

#23 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2022-09-08 05:47 AM | Reply

Fun tune...
#18 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

Try this one from Ray Stevens...

I'm my own Grandpa

#24 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2022-09-08 07:42 AM | Reply

When I got married in North Carolina we had to answer a questionnaire. It had just three questions. One was have you tested positive for tuberculosis. One was have you tested positive for HIV and apparently the third question was important enough to ask: are you closer related than second cousins? That's North Carolina!

#25 | Posted by Idependant97 at 2022-09-08 01:40 PM | Reply

Someone's clearly a lot more into information on cousin marriage than I am.

Might your skin be slightly blue?

#26 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-08 02:04 PM | Reply

Webbed toes, anyone?

#27 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-09-08 03:10 PM | Reply

My daughters hate my smell.

That's because you reek of Trump's turd cutter.

#28 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2022-09-08 03:20 PM | Reply

So what demographic was Oz going after with this statement?

#29 | Posted by prius04 at 2022-09-08 06:25 PM | Reply

From a medical perspective, he's right. There's a small statistical increase in the danger of birth defects for children of first cousins. But since sex and marriage aren't about children, that's not a valid reason for the government to be involved even when it comes to first cousins. And for relations more distant than first cousins, that risk isn't even there until you're talking about multiple generations, like heavily inbred royals.

Doesn't mean there's not an ick factor, there certainly is. But your or my ick factor isn't a valid basis for laws regarding the behavior of other consenting adults.

#30 | Posted by DarkVader at 2022-09-09 09:44 AM | Reply