Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Brandy Zadrozny: While the current obsession with Satan was boosted in part by the QAnon community, partisan media and conservative politicians have been instrumental in spreading newfound fears ...

Comments

These people are objectifying and projecting the darkness in their own souls. It might be useful to find out how many Q followers have abused or even murdered children, or perhaps even eaten one or two.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2022-09-14 10:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Boaz does this daily here.

#2 | Posted by qcp at 2022-09-14 10:25 AM | Reply

"Boaz does this daily here."

No kink shaming.

#3 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2022-09-14 10:34 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

I guess it wold help if i actually provided the link.

Satanic panic is making a comeback, fueled by QAnon believers and GOP influencers

#4 | Posted by qcp at 2022-09-14 10:42 AM | Reply

Republicans want power. They do not seem to care how they get that power.

They just want power, even if it means they have to destroy the very foundations of the Country to get that power.

They just want power.

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-09-14 11:36 AM | Reply

As a member of the Satanic Temple...boo!

#6 | Posted by RJSquirrel at 2022-09-14 11:45 AM | Reply

Satanic Panic.... great name for a metal band.

Once the neoliberals found out that the crazier the conspiracy, the more Trump's Base would fall for it, there became no limit to the crazy.

#7 | Posted by Corky at 2022-09-14 11:56 AM | Reply

@#7 ... the crazier the conspiracy, the more Trump's Base would fall for it ...

Sometimes I cannot help but wonder if the whole QAnon nonsense began as a prank-dare between two people. The dare was - who could get the greater number of people to believe the more outrageous made-up conspiracy.

Whence QAnon was born.

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-09-14 12:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Religion is a disease.

That a significant number of people are this gullible even in this time of rampant information and scientific progress is a sad indictment of our society.

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2022-09-14 12:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The devil you say.

#10 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-09-14 12:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Burn them at a stake. That'll give them something to panic over.

#11 | Posted by Jaspar at 2022-09-14 01:51 PM | Reply

"Satanic Panic.... great name for a metal band."

All they need now is a satanic mechanic.

Well, you got caught with a flat, well, how about that?
Well, babies, don't you panic
By the light of the night, it'll all seem alright
I'll get you a satanic mechanic

#12 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-09-14 02:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Oh please tell me they go after D&D a second time.

The nerds are organized now.

#13 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-14 02:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I mocked this stuff as a teen. I will mock it doubly so now if someone dares spout this sort of stupid around me.

#14 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2022-09-14 05:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Fun fact: the Dragon Lance Series was written by a practicing Mormon.

#15 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-14 06:34 PM | Reply

I listened to a lot of Ozzy and Judas Priest in college and I'm pretty sure those backwards messages made me vote Democrat in the last presidential election.

That being said, I have also found that I can now hit a C'6 while singing the beginning of 'Angel of Death' by Slayer, so the Dems must be doing something right.

#16 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2022-09-14 07:59 PM | Reply

The first time I noticed some lyrics recorded in reverse it was on a Pink Floyd track. The first part of the message is: Congratulations you found the secret message...

#17 | Posted by BellRinger at 2022-09-14 08:10 PM | Reply

@#17 ... The first time I noticed some lyrics recorded in reverse ...

For me, 1968. Beatles, "Revolution 9" and the lyrics (when played backwards) "turn me on dead man".

Back then, it was most difficult to get turntables to play a record backwards....

Revolution 9
en.wikipedia.org

...The loop of "number nine" featured in the recording fuelled the legend of Paul McCartney's death after it was reported that it sounded like "turn me on, dead man" when played backwards.[50]...

#18 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-09-14 08:34 PM | Reply

Wow, I was just playing around in an audio editor.

When I record "Trump is innocent" and then play it backwards, the words that come out are, "buy my pillows."

#19 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-09-14 08:40 PM | Reply

Too much nut job religious zealotry going around:

The Reverend Lauren Boebert preaches that,... the Apocalypse is upon us,... The world is about to end,... and we're all gonna die.

"But it's not a time to complain about it."

twitter.com

Preaching from a Bible verse, Lauren Boebert got stumped by the meaning of "wanton killing" and pronounced "wanton" like wonton, the Chinese dumpling:

"I don't know what a [wonton] killing is. I'm going to have to look that one up, but it sounds interesting."

twitter.com

#20 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2022-09-14 09:03 PM | Reply

A bottomless pit of stupid, that one.

#21 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2022-09-14 09:18 PM | Reply

Wasn't there a punk band who intentionally record backwards onto one of their albums something like "be sure to drink your milk kids"?

#22 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-14 09:27 PM | Reply

Again, way too many religious nut jobs in the GOP:

Mastriano Ally: God Told Me Prince Charles Would Murder Queen Elizabeth

"Prophet" Julie Green also claimed the real Joe Biden is dead and that Obama controls his body double--Doug Mastriano's campaign had her speak at his rally

www.rollingstone.com

Is it any wonder so many of them believe Trump's lies and QAnon conspiracy theories when they are already so far out of touch with reality?

#23 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2022-09-14 09:45 PM | Reply

@#23

Sometimes I wonder how religion started.

I mean, if you had gone back to the time of Christ and struck a match, you would have been declared a god for something that nowadays is regarded as something routine.

So I have to ask,how much of religion is just some person offering a made-up explanation for something that is not yet understood.

#24 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-09-14 11:26 PM | Reply

"Sometimes I wonder how religion started." Because it came before science. It has been plaguing logic ever since.

#25 | Posted by Brennnn at 2022-09-15 01:17 PM | Reply

Modern science is a product of Christianity.

#26 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-15 01:39 PM | Reply

"Modern science is a product of Christianity."

The ----?

#27 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-09-15 02:24 PM | Reply

"But it's not a time to complain about it."

Of course not. It's a sign of the Eschaton. These freaks celebrate that ----.

#28 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2022-09-15 02:35 PM | Reply

snoofy I believe it's whiteheads thesis that explains the critical contributions of Christianity to modern science.

#29 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-15 02:47 PM | Reply

en.wikipedia.org
Not feeling it. But that's fine, it doesn't really matter either way.

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-09-15 02:54 PM | Reply