Thursday, September 15, 2022

In simpler times, such preposterous "prophesies" --comprising a sloppy hash of QAnon-style conspiracy theories and end-times theology--could be laughed off as fever dreams from the fundamentalist fringe. But in 2022, Green commands the respect, and attention, of the GOP nominee to lead the nation's fifth most populous state, Doug Mastriano, who believes he's on a mission from God as he seeks to become the chief executive of Pennsylvania.

Comments

"By their fruits ye shall know them" Likewise by their traveling companions. I hope to high heaven Pennsylvanians have enough sense not to elect this religious zealot:

Mastriano is tied to a religious movement called the New Apostolic Reformation, which seeks to refashion the world, biblically, to hasten the end times. Many NAR adherents are also Christian Nationalists, who believe America was divinely founded and should be governed according to the moral code of Jesus' chosen people.

NAR Christians believe we're living in an age of new apostles and prophets who receive revelations directly from God. Green is an emerging star in this movement. And Mastriano is fan of her prophesies-- in particular that his political bid has God's backing--calling her divinations "on target."

#1 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2022-09-14 10:03 PM | Reply

I should have said: I hope to high heaven Pennsylvanians have enough sense not to elect this delusional religious zealot. It seems like a significant number of GOP Trumpers are suffering from some sort of collective psychosis.

#2 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2022-09-14 10:10 PM | Reply

"hasten the end times"?

How unchristian.

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-14 10:11 PM | Reply

You spelled "Profit" wrong.

#4 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-09-15 11:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

When your goto tactic to rile up the Base is to put out the most deluded nonsense you can think of, which is, apparently how the marking firm Qanon started... with 'the crazier the better!'

... when that's your deal, you will get all the crazies, along with all the marks who were conned by the Confidence Man (good book, btw).

But eventually you are still only 30 something percent of the population, and you've scared off the other 20 percent of your party and most Indies, your life expectancy is on the downswing as far as winning elections.

Which is why you have to rig them.

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2022-09-15 06:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I saw Mastriano and DeSantis at an event in a downtown Pittsburgh hotel. What a match made in hell. The crowd loved them; I didn't. All I could hear were their crazy ramblings about how they plan to "take back America." Just what I didn't want to hear on my lunch hour. Next time I'll remember to take the ear bleach to remove their lunatic mutterings.

#6 | Posted by keystone at 2022-09-15 07:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

youre gonna need more than 30% to be successful.
so they won't be.

#7 | Posted by ichiro at 2022-09-15 07:11 PM | Reply

- Mastriano and DeSantis

Mussolini and Franco would be proud!

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2022-09-15 07:14 PM | Reply

Where were these peoples concern for Christ and Christianity when Trump was in office?

FFS the guy had a Church tear gassed.

Trump had the clergy on the premise treated like cockroaches.

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2022-09-15 07:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Time for lust, time for lie
Time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green, heaven you will meet
Make a contribution and you'll get a better seat
Bow to Leper Messiah!

Marvel at his tricks
Need your Sunday fix
Blind devotion came
Rotting your brain
Chain, chain, join the endless chain
Taken by his glamour
Fame, fame, infection is the game
Stinking drunk with power
We see."

(Metallica, Leper Messiah.)

#10 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2022-09-15 07:25 PM | Reply

"I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I've got my plastic Jesus
Ridin' on the dashboard of my car
Through my trials and tribulations
And my travels through the nation
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far..."

(an excerpt from "Plastic Jesus", Billy Idol)

Ah the Beeble, the greatest STORY
ever told. Long is the line of
sheep 'willing to be sheared', that
reads it...

#11 | Posted by earthmuse at 2022-09-16 06:30 AM | Reply

Is any of the stuff she claims any crazier than supply side economics?

#12 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2022-09-16 12:20 PM | Reply

Their crazy ramblings full of division and hate for the Other are hard to listen to for more than a few minutes. But someone has to if we wish to prevent another Jan 6th.

Thank you for your sacrifice and bravery.

#13 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-09-16 01:30 PM | Reply

This is simply Neoliberalism and Whataboutism manifesting itself in a Pinochetian manner

www.globalpolicyjournal.com

~Corky

#14 | Posted by Mao_Content at 2022-09-16 03:33 PM | Reply

Still no argument?

Yugely sad.

Prolly keep you offa the DOJ's radar, though.

#15 | Posted by Corky at 2022-09-16 03:43 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY MAO_CONTENT AT 2022-09-16 03:33 PM | FLAG: I PUT TUBES IN THE OCEAN, I A SMART FELLER.

#16 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-09-16 06:05 PM | Reply