Sunday, October 02, 2022

At least 174 people have died in a crush at an Indonesian football match that has become one of the world's worst stadium disasters.

Comments

The stampede happened after police tear-gassed rioting supporters.

ACAB level event.

(Not that people in the third world need to be told that cops are mean, vicious thugs.)

#1 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-10-01 11:45 PM | Reply

It had gotten anarchic. They started attacking officers, they damaged cars," said Nico Afinta, police chief in East Java, adding that two police officers were among the dead.

#2 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2022-10-02 11:04 AM | Reply

I'm sorry but I just don't see the big deal about Soccer Football. it's a bunch of people running around, aimlessly kicking a ball to each other, and after a while they conduct a shoot-out', and one of the teams is then declared the winner. And they don't even sell beer in some stadiums. I guess the best part is that games are over in less time then a baseball or American Football game. Soccer Football: I just don't get it ...

#3 | Posted by catdog at 2022-10-02 04:33 PM | Reply

#3 You're pretty close to the actual joke:

Soccer is a game where two teams kick the ball around for 90 minutes, and in the end, Germany always wins.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-10-02 04:37 PM | Reply

"They sound like the insurrectionist filth who support the child-raping orange turd."

#2 | POSTED BY REINHEITSGEBOT

It sounds to me like the finale of a camel rodeo in Pakistan.

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2022-10-03 08:10 AM | Reply

Sports fans are such tame people who you want to share the roads with after a game. /s

#6 | Posted by Brennnn at 2022-10-03 11:46 AM | Reply

#3 | Posted by catdog

It's all the sport you grow up with. I have grown to appreciate it as my wife is a big fan (she grew up with it and we have been married 19 years.) The games are over in less time - maybe... But they play the whole time. 45 minutes plus whatever additional minutes per half. The clock is always running. Look at American Football, about 2 plays a minute, constant time outs (commercial and team) and other stoppages of play. I see both sides. I prefer American Football but I am also trying to quit watching it as the toll it takes on the players as it is today is unacceptable.

In truth though - Hockey is my sport. The speed of the games is what I love most I think. I have played baseball, football, soccer, hockey, basketball, tennis, golf, etc. I know 100% hockey is my favorite to play. I used to love Mountain Biking too - various X Games are still a favorite to watch. Basketball next probably but the rest are just no fun to me.

#7 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2022-10-03 06:40 PM | Reply