Monday, November 14, 2022

A teacher at a Pflugerville Texas ISD middle school is on administrative leave after a video containing an "inappropriate conversation" started circulating around social media. In the video, the teacher was captured saying, "deep down in my heart, I'm ethnocentric, which means I think my race is the superior one."

Comments

CRT indeed.

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-11-14 09:02 AM | Reply

"I think the most disturbing piece is that it was a situation where kids had experienced this real-time," said Lyons.

The teacher hasn't been identified along with what led up to the conversation.

Parent Brian Hennington said this kind of thing should never happen in a school.

"There are other personal experiences we've had as people of color that we had individually, but to see this in the classroom setting is just not acceptable," said Hennington.

My money says that this teacher definitely didn't vote for Beto. /s Best comment was the young man who said (paraphrase) "I used to respect you. I don't respect you anymore."

He gets it.

#2 | Posted by tonyroma at 2022-11-14 09:03 AM | Reply

He goes on to say that he believes everyone else thinks that way too if they are honest. He believes that everyone thinks their race is superior, but not everyone is willing to admit it. IOW, he can't conceive of anyone believing "All men are created equal."

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2022-11-14 09:14 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

He's being punished for having an opinion!

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-14 10:19 AM | Reply

I think he's getting a raw deal, we should be able to talk about this stuff. However, prolly not the best time/forum for his level of honesty.

#5 | Posted by igashosparks at 2022-11-14 01:52 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

What other forms of racist indoctrination do you approve of in schools?

#6 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-11-14 04:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

It sounds like he's equating race with ethnicity and racism with ethnocentrism. That's debatable, since it's a semantic argument, but where he went wrong was saying everyone thinks their race/ethnicity is superior. Not everyone considers race/ethnicity part of their identity. But for those who do, it would be more accurate to say those people have a bias or higher priority towards those things they identify with.

If you want to find out what someone's strongest biases are, ask them to draw an identity map.

#7 | Posted by sentinel at 2022-11-14 04:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I wonder what Gov DeSantis might have to say about this?

As a 2024 hopeful, and based upon what he's done in Florida, I'm sure he had a comment....

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-11-14 07:51 PM | Reply

I know I'm superior. Not because of race but just because I am.

:-)

#9 | Posted by eberly at 2022-11-14 07:57 PM | Reply

@#9 ... I know I'm superior. ...

So did fmr Pres Trump.

Are you equating yourself with that train wreck?

#10 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-11-14 08:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I went to high school in the Seventies, teachers used to say stuff like this all the time.
Am I strange because I don't consider my race as part of my identity at all? Maybe my ethnicity, as an American of Italian descent.
On that subject, once they take that guy off the pizza box then we can talk about racial stereotypes.

#11 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2022-11-14 09:38 PM | Reply

"@#9 ... I know I'm superior. ..."

That's what all the ladies say...after you pay them.

#12 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-11-14 11:38 PM | Reply

#11 You're a liar.

#13 | Posted by RJSquirrel at 2022-11-15 06:03 AM | Reply

Agreed; just not in a classroom or any other public setting where the power dynamic is skewed toward the speaker.

Social media exists for that kind of nonsense. Or, if he wants to interact with other people of similar outlook, social clubs (e.g. KKK) also exist.

#14 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2022-11-15 06:36 AM | Reply

#11 You're a liar.
#13 | Posted by RJSquirrel

Huh?

#15 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2022-11-15 07:29 AM | Reply

#15 What what? You're a liar.

#16 | Posted by RJSquirrel at 2022-11-15 07:57 AM | Reply

You idiots would be whining like little children.

#18 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-11-15 08:59 AM | Reply

#5 | POSTED BY IGASHOSPARKS

When do you think the best time is for a teacher to tell students that white people are superior?
He's not in trouble because he was talking "about this stuff." He's in trouble because he is using his position to spread his racist ideology.

#19 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2022-11-15 12:19 PM | Reply

I know I am not superior. When I am honest and open with myself, I see the evidence of that truth all around me on a regular basis. It is only my strong ego and overly elevated sense of self worth that sometimes tricks me into believing otherwise. I suspect that this arrogant trait of perceiving one's self (and others like us) to be 'superior' may be an evolutionary trait that reinforces individual resolve to survive and multiply.

#21 | Posted by moder8 at 2022-11-15 12:31 PM | Reply

"Deep down in my heart, I'm ethnocentric, which means I think my race is the superior one."

If he had ended "which means I'm racist" this would have been less confusing.

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-15 12:40 PM | Reply

"He could have been defining "ethnocentrism" for the class"

I think he did a pretty good job defining it, saying he's it, and teaching that it's racist.

#24 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-15 12:42 PM | Reply

Go burn a cross.

#27 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-11-15 01:29 PM | Reply

Jews aren't White?

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-15 02:21 PM | Reply

"White pride and white power are expressions primarily used by white separatist, white nationalist, fascist, neo-Nazi and white supremacist organizations in order to signal racist or racialist viewpoints."

I feel superior just reading that!

#31 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-15 02:22 PM | Reply

How do you know he's white? He could be Jewish,

How revealing.

#32 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2022-11-15 02:23 PM | Reply

The teacher hasn't been identified,
If he were White, they would name him.
Guarantee he's Jewish.
#29 | POSTED BY ULTRAMAGGER AT 2022-11-15 02:20 PM | REPLY | FLAG:

I think you are the type of person that sold Zyklon-B to the Nazis.

#33 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2022-11-15 02:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"the DNA of Ashkenazim shows an irrefutable connection to the Levant " meaning we're not white."

LOL This Jew is a ------- ------.

#35 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-15 02:27 PM | Reply

It's like Kanye talking about black people...you just want to stab your eardrums with a number two pencil.

#36 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2022-11-15 02:29 PM | Reply

My best friend is a ginger and a jew.
Not white?

#38 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2022-11-15 02:36 PM | Reply

Whoopi Goldberg

Keep throwing crap at the wall, Junior. Somethings bound to stick, I mean...you're still here.

#39 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2022-11-15 02:37 PM | Reply

Mr. gfy.

#41 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2022-11-15 06:42 PM | Reply

One thing I love about the Drudge Retort:

Not too many other places you can find someone who will look you dead in the eye and tell you former MTV personality Jon Stewart ain't White.

#42 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-15 06:45 PM | Reply

Since republicans will take one fluke crazy liberal teacher doing something dumb and use them to pretend it's a massive problem throughout the country's schools, liberals should do the same thing with this guy.

#43 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-11-15 06:48 PM | Reply

#42 | Posted by snoofy

He's not...in the eyes of nazis.

#44 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-11-15 06:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

CRT indeed.

#1 | POSTED BY LEGALLYYOURDEAD AT 2022-11-14 09:02 AM | REPLY

While your dumbass is at it, can you explain it to the young blacks who grew up fatherless because of Biden's '94 crime bill where he bragged about throwing young people in jail over a piece or crack the size of a white bean? And how Clinton flanked him? then you can break them down further by explaining to them how Biden was on record against integration of public schools because he didn't want his kids to be raised in a "jungle"

And while you're at it let them know that they were against same sex marriage too.

Stupid ass

#46 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2022-11-15 11:48 PM | Reply

UltraGONE!

#47 | Posted by YAV at 2022-11-16 09:20 AM | Reply

I'm falling over laughing at white supremacist lefthander calling anyone racist.

#48 | Posted by RJSquirrel at 2022-11-16 11:52 AM | Reply

He's no longer employed there, understandably.

#49 | Posted by sentinel at 2022-11-16 12:22 PM | Reply

"#15 What what? You're a liar."

What are you accusing them of lying about?

#50 | Posted by sentinel at 2022-11-16 12:26 PM | Reply

Stupid ass

#46 | Posted by lfthndthrds

In reality your party IS STILL supporting the policies youre complaining about dems supporting 32 years ago.

#51 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-11-16 12:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Yes everyone remembers how in '94 republicans were campaigning for mercy against criminals and letting gay people get married."

Exactly.

"Remember 30 years ago when Democrats were as bad as Republicans" isn't exactly a selling point for Republicans.

Buy don't tell Republicans that!

#52 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-16 01:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#46 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

How's that "Red Tsunami" work out for you, pal?
Bwahahahahahahahahaha

#53 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-11-16 02:07 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

He must not have been a biology teacher (they would know we are all the same under the skin). Or he would know humans are visually dominant with bad logic. How did he get a classroom?

#54 | Posted by Brennnn at 2022-11-16 02:17 PM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2023 World Readable