Wednesday, November 23, 2022

The University of Florida pulled a scholarship offer it gave to one of the nation's top quarterback recruits after a video of him using the N-word while singing along to lyrics in a rap song surfaced.

Comments

Poor, poor little white boy. These dirty "libs" are forcing this angelic white urchin to go to his second choice university, tuition free

Boohoo at the injustice of being accountable

#1 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2022-11-23 09:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I'm not sure that the student was exhibiting the kind of racist behavior we see from Boaz on a constant basis. Losing a scholarship for singing along with a song that you like is an overcorrection in my opinion. These type of decisions do nothing to tackle the real racial issues that need to be confronted. Again in my opinion.

And Boaz you're still an insufferably, dishonest human being.

#2 | Posted by memyselfini at 2022-11-23 09:48 PM | Reply

However, they help. The school just avoided a future problem because this kid was so unaware of his offensive behavior that it was bound to repeat itself at some point that would have had a more public, adverse impact on the school.

#3 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2022-11-24 06:55 AM | Reply

Boohoo at the injustice of being accountable

Accountable for what? Singing a song? If it's accountable for whites, why isnt it accountable for blacks?

And lets watch a white liberal person tell me this answer to this hypocritical question which is the exact problem in this world..

#4 | Posted by boaz at 2022-11-24 08:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hypocrite Boaz preaches the importance of character right up until it doesn't fit his ridiculous narrative.

#5 | Posted by qcp at 2022-11-24 10:51 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY FEDUPWITHPOLS

I respectfully disagree. People sing along with songs they like. He didn't write the song, and I assume the use of the word within the song was not written in a derogatory way. I grew up listening and singing along with N.W.A., and it was never in a racist way. I thought they were the ----. Granted, I also never said the word in a conversational way. This, I feel is creating adversaries in situations where there are none. It muddies the water, and empowers true racist like we see here with Boaz. If a song uses the word in a derogatory, racist way and is sung along with and celebrated, that is an entirely different issue.

Again, my take.

#6 | Posted by memyselfini at 2022-11-24 12:19 PM | Reply

Country bumpkin Bojangles likes serving Massa in the big house.

#7 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-11-24 01:41 PM | Reply

I don't think this is a sensible decision.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-24 02:10 PM | Reply

When you're so "woke", you become the bigot.

Overall we're making progress as a society, albeit painfully slow. On the order of centuries to decades. Its understandable some are overzealous, but it shouldn't be acceptable.

#9 | Posted by horstngraben at 2022-11-24 03:13 PM | Reply

Overzealous is a poor word. Hypersensitive.

#10 | Posted by horstngraben at 2022-11-24 03:14 PM | Reply

You'll never see a video of me rapping, or doing any socially unacceptable behavior. Mostly because digital video recording wasn't widely available when I was teens/20s.

#11 | Posted by horstngraben at 2022-11-24 03:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I was singing along to NWA's "---- the Police" a while back. My kids lost their minds when I used the "N-word."

But I'm pretty sure the composers wanted that word in there.

#12 | Posted by madbomber at 2022-11-24 03:49 PM | Reply

"Mostly because digital video recording wasn't widely available when I was teens/20s."

Right?!?!

Every non-marginalized or non-BIPOC person would be skewered for having sang along with a rap song.

#13 | Posted by madbomber at 2022-11-24 03:50 PM | Reply

With regards to singing along to a song about killing cops, I would think that that, if someone cared, the use "N-word" would be the least disturbing aspect of the whole thing.

#14 | Posted by madbomber at 2022-11-24 03:52 PM | Reply

#14 Songs about killing cops are only shocking if you're looking for reasons to be offended.

Nobody seemed to mind when Johnny Cash shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-24 07:31 PM | Reply

Actually we are regressing.

#15 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Case in point.

#16 | Posted by oneironaut at 2022-11-24 07:45 PM | Reply

Nobody minded when Shakespeare wrote a play where the King of Denmark was assassinated by a political rival.

In fact they still teach it in schools today.

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-11-24 08:02 PM | Reply

I shot the sheriff but I didn't shoot the deputy. No one gets all upset over that one.

I don't know. I feel that this was overkill pun intended to be honest.

#18 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2022-11-24 08:20 PM | Reply

Could I argue either way on this topic?

Yes I could.

Will I do it? And help the trolls?????

Hell no.

#19 | Posted by Tor at 2022-11-24 11:47 PM | Reply

He didn't look around to make sure there were no non-whites that could hear him first? If not, probably not a racist and a bit of an overreaction.

#20 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2022-11-25 10:15 AM | Reply

This source doesn't bother to mention that the video he made was only two seconds long and only included 3 words from the song.

Anyway, sounds like some of you are way more butthurt than the high school kid.

"My intention was never to hurt anybody and I recognize that even when going along with a song, my words still carry a lot of weight. I will strive to be better and to become the best version of myself both on and off the field. I know that learning from my mistakes is a first important step." - Marcus Stokes

#21 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2022-11-25 10:53 AM | Reply

Story is pretty sus.
1-boazo posted it
2-author works at TND. absolute trashcan "news" service
3-whats the "song" -all the other stories about this are just re-prints and they dont name the song. If he is "singing along" why is he a full bar behind?
4-he looks like a real goofus
5-UF can't say why they pulled out. They didn't say. It's against a lot of pretty good NCAA regulations. At best this is all pure speculation from the kid and his people.

p.s. Miami will still take him. Posting cringe videos of yourself rapping on TikToc is offered as an elective.

#22 | Posted by BluSky at 2022-11-26 05:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

But I'm pretty sure the composers wanted that word in there.

Cube has been pretty clear. White people can't say it. Ever. I accept that and at the same time think his 'lecture' on Bill Maher was a bit much.

I dont know if he still performs it but,
I don't know if they ---- or what
Search a ----- down and grabbin' his nuts

...won't fly today.

Also, there arent really any songs "about killing cops". Not any good one's at least. The songs that usually get this label are about police brutality, or the abuse of power, or corruption. The people that make the accusations aren't actually listening to the lyrics.
It's like when I saw Cee Lo Green (not by choice) cover Imagine and change enough words to turn it into a Christian Gospel.

#23 | Posted by BluSky at 2022-11-26 06:53 AM | Reply

Kid Spews N Word, Gets Punished, BoJangles Weeps.

#24 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-11-26 07:19 PM | Reply