Thursday, November 24, 2022

Wanda Dench and Jamal Hinton are still carrying on their unlikely Thanksgiving tradition, seven years in.

Comments

Great story. When we drop our preconceived notions, good things happen.

#1 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2022-11-24 03:15 PM | Reply

Thats a wonderful story I have seen updated every year. but, American Unity, I didn't gather that either Wanda or Jamal had any "pre-conceieved notions" to drop, so i don't see what that has anything to do with it.

#2 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2022-11-24 03:38 PM | Reply

Most republicans hate minorities and would never voluntarily spend a holiday with another race.

#3 | Posted by byrdman at 2022-11-24 04:14 PM | Reply

MIRANDA7

I read the article. Looks like you didn't.

"He's literally changed my life and my point of view on young generations about being open to friendships when you think you have nothing in common with somebody," noted Dench. "But when you just sit and talk to them? Oh my gosh ... "

#4 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2022-11-24 04:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#4 Correct, I didn't read the whole article, because I have been following the story for years. There have been several articles and TV appearances. So you were talking about Wanda's "pre conceived notion" that young adults don't have much in common with middle aged strangers? Whew, glad she "dropped" that one.

Forgive me for thinking you were talking about race. Coming from a multiracial and politically diverse family, it irks me when people use phrasing that implies there is something unusual, transcendent or remarkable about our relationships and gatherings. We are just people.

#3 That shows how completely narrow minded you are. Pure projection. Maybe if you dropped YOUR pre-conceived notions and stopped broad brushing entire groups with your hateful views good things would happen to you.

#5 | Posted by Miranda7 at 2022-11-24 11:57 PM | Reply

Just shut up, loser. "Narrow-minded" is what you ------ are. YOU idiots are the pros at projection. Meanwhile, liberals live their lives, have fun, say "Merry Christmas", and piss loser like you off. Lo Siento, pobrecito.

#6 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-11-26 10:02 PM | Reply