Sunday, November 27, 2022

Customers seeking help or information from the carrier must deal with an online chatbot, social media channels or WhatsApp.

Comments

If you are planning on flying this holiday DO NOT WATCH Nat Geos "Air Disasters" just before you fly.

It's too late for me. Save yourself the stress. Airlines have dramatically improved safety and air travel is safer (even if it is more annoying) than ever. But it's nice to know what airlines have put profits over safety even if it was in the past.

#1 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-11-28 09:29 AM | Reply

I fly between Frankfurt and Las Vegas about once per month, with a few other cats and dogs here and there. After a while you just don't think about that stuff anymore.

I prefer chats to a live person on the other end of the phone. Quite often, their language speaking skills aren't great, so it's easier to communicate through chat. Additionally, you can save the chat and use it as evidence if you need to continue working the problem.

#2 | Posted by madbomber at 2022-11-28 03:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

This is what companies/corporations do when they don't want to hear complaints from their customers. In other words, only your money is important to them, once they have it, you as a customer aren't so important and if you are not happy, you can go jump in a lake for all they care. If you are due a refund, how will you do that without someone to contact? If your luggage gets lost, how will you get it back, if ever? Losing luggage seems to be an airline past time.

What this tells me is this is fixing to be the next airline up for sale. I don't want any part of their business since they deem passengers as unimportant.

The chatbot isn't going to solve your problems, it will merely frustrate you until you give up in exasperation. If I do business with a company, I demand service for my money. This is a company that no longer deems service as something you should expect.

#3 | Posted by BBQ at 2022-11-29 12:48 AM | Reply

I've been flying back and forth a couple of times a year to Denver to see family and have bought round trip tickets as cheap as $75.

#4 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2022-11-29 05:06 AM | Reply

Uh, you're still talking to a person. You're just doing it via chat. But it is still a live person on the other end.

I think it's all around a way more pleasant experience. If I weren't Diamond with Delta, what I could expect (and still sometimes get) is a series of virtual call assistants asking me to press one for this, press two for that, enter my Skymiles number, and then hold for the next representative. Quite often the next message was that I would recieve a call back in several hours. The longest I ever waited for a callback was five hours. I had long since gone to bed.

I was supposed to fly Ryanair into Bulgaria over the holiday weekend. My daughter ended up getting very sick. Ryanair does not provide refunds EXCEPT in the case of a serious illness or death. It is a very low-cost European carrier. They have no customer service phone number. But the do have a chat function. I started out as number 134 in que. It took about 15 minutes for me to get connected to a live person and have them give me instructions on what I needed to do to apply for a refund.

#5 | Posted by madbomber at 2022-11-29 03:06 PM | Reply

"I demand service for my money. This is a company that no longer deems service as something you should expect."

Fontier is a low-cost carrier. You could instead by a first-class ticket on a major carrier. First-class tickets are almost always refundable or changeable without a fee.

On the other hand, basic and economy cabin fares are non-refundable or charge a change fee. Hardly any different than Frontier

#6 | Posted by madbomber at 2022-11-29 03:33 PM | Reply

This was our second attempt to get into Sofia. The first time, we just decided not to go and lost the $125 we paid in airfare. This last time it was a bit more, about $550 for a family of four with luggage. I suspect we're going to lose that as well, but it's preferrable to being in a hotel in Bulgaria with a sick family, or worse, having my daughter suffer from a physiological event in flight due to clogged sinuses.

#7 | Posted by madbomber at 2022-11-29 03:35 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by BBQ

I think that is the purpose of these things. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

#8 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2022-11-29 05:13 PM | Reply

They probably watched tesla get rid of their customer service email and phone number and still appear to succeed in the short term.

#9 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-11-29 05:25 PM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2023 World Readable