Thursday, December 01, 2022

Susan Rinkunas: Dr. Mehmet Oz left his syndicated TV show to pursue a deeply embarrassing run for Senate in Pennsylvania 00 where he does not live 00 and spent nearly $27 million of his own money, before losing the state by a bigger margin than Donald Trump did in 2020.

Comments

*Womp*Womp*

Maybe he can get one on OAN? Oh yeah, no one carries that Russian propaganda any more.

Time to go the Alex Jones route and sell your ------- on the interwebs.

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2022-12-01 07:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Well, this is a loss to mankind.

Not even a sympathy call from Trump, was there, Oz?

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2022-12-01 08:33 AM | Reply

Dr. Oz is a scam artist. He should have never left TV. But given Trump's success as a TV personality and scam artist, I can see what he was thinking.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-12-01 12:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

More from the cited article...

...The Dr. Oz Show got canceled last year shortly after he announced his campaign.

RadarOnline reports that Oz is "groveling to everyone he knows" in order to revive his daytime talk show about health, but the effort has been dead on arrival, much like his political career.

His former producers reportedly won't talk to him, and Radar characterized him as "too toxic" for TV.

Another source told the outlet: "He can't even get a word with his former producers. Dr. Oz is a social creature who likes to hear himself talk, and it's beginning to dawn on him that he's just [not] wanted in Hollywood circles anymore." Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Productions produced his show for all 13 seasons, and Oprah endorsed Oz's opponent, Lt. Gov. John Fetterman (D), in the final days of the race.

RadarOnline notes that the campaign badly damaged Oz's reputation, as media outlets reported on his questionable medical advice and naked opportunism.

But it's not just his history as an insanely rich quack that compromised him...

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2022-12-01 12:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

So much for go "woke go broke."

Oz and Elon are showing how much money you can lose by going maga.

#5 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2022-12-01 12:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

And to think I used to love his show.

#6 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2022-12-01 12:31 PM | Reply

My wife was a guest on his show once several years back. Was invited on as a specialist in her field. She was trying to convince a celebrity to take better care of their health.

#7 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2022-12-01 12:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Damn. Where else will I hear of the next superfood I need to eat in physiologically impossible quantities to get the "benefit"?

#8 | Posted by jpw at 2022-12-01 01:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

Maybe Oprah would let him back on her show but I kinda got the impression she wants nothing to do with that creep.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2022-12-01 03:38 PM | Reply

Ha! Ha!

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-12-01 07:34 PM | Reply

And to think I used to love his show.

#6 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

Some of us are easily fooled I guess.

The guy has always been a scam artist as far as I can tell.

Took me less than 5 minutes of listening to him to figure that out.

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2022-12-01 07:37 PM | Reply

What goes around, comes around. It actually makes me happy to see that man do a crash and burn in politics. Having seen him in person at a rally he was at is what made me realize just how far out in the right field he was.

As far as his show is concerned; taking it off the air was the best thing to happen to people who gravitate toward this sort of quackery. I'm sure there is some media group out there who will undoubtedly pick him up give him a show. Probably some right-wing, conspiracy loving, hate group who will be more than happy to push his agenda for his future aspirations in politics. I'm sure he's not done by a long shot.

#12 | Posted by keystone at 2022-12-02 02:00 AM | Reply

Board Certified Internal Medicine physician here. He's a s-stain on our profession.

#13 | Posted by zarnon at 2022-12-02 08:24 AM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2023 World Readable