Friday, December 02, 2022

Florida lawmakers are working on plans to reverse a move that would strip Disney of its right to operate a private government around ...

Comments

I wouldn't count on it. Desantis doesn't care how many gay employees Disney has, Florida has far more right wing haters and rhey are who Disantis wants to pleaae. I predict he will make a real confrontation with liberals here in Flotida so as to challenge Trump for he leadership of theextreme right wing nationwide. Desantis poses a far bigger Fascist threat to democracy than Trump did because de isn't just power hungry, he's also a religious fanatic.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2022-12-02 07:21 PM | Reply

No, I suspect this was motivated, at least tangentially, by the fact that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis may be a likely presidential candidate for President in 2024. It feels like they're trying to clear away some 'debris' which could 'hinder' the acceptability of DeSantis by a broader swath of the population than just the MAGA crowd.

OCU

#2 | Posted by OCUser at 2022-12-02 07:23 PM | Reply

DeathSentence won't make it to New Hampshire.

#3 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-12-02 07:48 PM | Reply

No I honestly do not see Desantis trying to appeal to a broader spectrum of voters. He is trying to appeal to the most exrreme parts of the GQP. the white Christian Nationalists who are the most dangerous part of the eztremists on the right because they really beelieve they are commanded by God to claim this country for Christ using any means necessary. I know people like them and they really do believe their mission commands them to place their religious beliefs before any secular law or philosophy. I believe Ron Desantis thinks he was sent here to lead them.

www.axios.com

#4 | Posted by danni at 2022-12-02 07:52 PM | Reply

Only goes to show it was 110% political from the start.

Tell me again DeSantis isn't a fascist POS using the power of government to punish perceived "enemies" and slights.

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2022-12-02 10:21 PM | Reply

"Tell me again DeSantis isn't a fascist" - in the modern age, fascists call all other people fascist first to have the moral high ground. Meanwhile, we have two political parties that polarize and play citizens against each other for money.

#6 | Posted by Brennnn at 2022-12-02 10:33 PM | Reply

I'll take the Democrats over the Republicans. Period. DeSantis and Trump are fascists, and the GOP is a party that worships authoritarians, dictators, and fascists. This is self-evident.

#7 | Posted by YAV at 2022-12-02 10:46 PM | Reply

Oh FFS Brennan, we don't need another Whatabout Bob.

#8 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-12-03 12:15 AM | Reply

I want a cage match between DeSantis and Trump. I wouldn't watch, but I want it to happen.

#9 | Posted by RJSquirrel at 2022-12-03 06:35 AM | Reply

You mean like when righties show their historical ignorance and call lefties fascists? I know, I see it.

But what else do you call brazenly punishing a company using the power of government for culture war political points?

#10 | Posted by jpw at 2022-12-03 12:34 PM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2023 World Readable