Sunday, December 04, 2022

December 1st, Judge Tuchi, In a blistering 30-page opinion, ordered sanctions against the attorneys of Kari Lake and Mark Finchem in their lawsuit against voting machines, hoping to deter "similarly baseless suits in the future." U.S. District Court Judge John Tuchi had previously dismissed the suit in August, calling it full of "conjectural allegations of potential injuries."

Comments

(U.S. District Court Judge John Tuchi) added later in the 30-page order that he would "not condone litigants ... furthering false narratives that baselessly undermine public trust at a time of increasing disinformation about, and distrust in, the democratic process."

Court records show the out-of-state attorneys used by Lake and Finchem include Alan Dershowitz, an internationally famous lawyer, author and Harvard Law School professor; three lawyers from Parker Daniels Kibort LLC, in Minnesota: Andrew Parker, Jesse Kibort and Joseph Pull; and Kurt Olsen, a Washington, D.C.-based lawyer who helped with a lawsuit challenging the 2020 election results that was rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court.

More good news for those that have morals and are rooted in reality.

#1 | Posted by YAV at 2022-12-03 08:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The judge rips the right-wing liars fake arguments to shreds, one by one. It is glorious.

#2 | Posted by YAV at 2022-12-03 08:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"conjectural allegations"

Is really all the Base believes these days.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2022-12-03 08:38 PM | Reply

So ans don't believe in democracy so they can't admi

#4 | Posted by danni at 2022-12-04 09:50 AM | Reply

sdmit defeat.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2022-12-04 09:51 AM | Reply

WOW, all that legal brain power and they still didn't figure it out before they filed.

I wonder who got stuck with those legal fees.

#6 | Posted by Twinpac at 2022-12-04 10:10 AM | Reply

The order holds the attorneys "jointly and severally liable" for the county's attorneys' fees, meaning that each person is legally responsible for paying the total amount.

So the attorneys have to pay for it all and the penalties and fees from the sanctions. One can only hope it bankrupts all of them.

#7 | Posted by YAV at 2022-12-04 10:56 AM | Reply

George Soros up to his usual tricks!
--Republicans

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-12-04 11:04 AM | Reply

I wonder who got stuck with those legal fees.

#6 | POSTED BY TWINPAC

Hopefully Kari "Loudmouth" Lake and that a bankruptcy takes her out of politics for good.

Never get that lucky though...

#9 | Posted by Yodagirl at 2022-12-04 11:08 AM | Reply

"Alan Dershowitz, an internationally famous lawyer, author and Harvard Law School professor; three lawyers from Parker Daniels Kibort LLC, in Minnesota: Andrew Parker, Jesse Kibort and Joseph Pull; and Kurt Olsen, a Washington, D.C.-based attorney."

It's unclear to me why they aren't being charged with Treason.

They knew they were lying.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2022-12-04 11:18 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I am confident we will prevail in our appeal to Judge Judy.
~ Alan Dershowitz
Another Harvard Triumph

#11 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2022-12-04 11:58 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"A lawsuit without provable facts showing a statutory or constitutional violation is just a tweet with a filing fee."

Justin Levitt, a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.

#12 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2022-12-04 12:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

These lawyers should be disbarred, as much to provide each with directions in their careers as warning to any attorney who thinks to take up spurious causes such as that advanced by Lake and Finchem ... .

#13 | Posted by catdog at 2022-12-04 09:58 PM | Reply

SNOOFY @ #10

"It's unclear to me why they aren't being charged with Treason."

Because they didn't aid and abet a foreign enemy during a time of war.

They violated the Code of Ethics governed by The American Bar Association who has the authority to mete out punishment in any manner they see fit.

My guess is the ABA is going to let sleeping dogs lie, claiming the errant litigators have already been severely punished by the sitting judge.

#14 | Posted by Twinpac at 2022-12-05 02:26 AM | Reply

Uh, no. The ABA is a voluntary association. It has no power over any license to practice law. I've not been a member for many years.

I'm licensed in Texas. My state bar membership is mandatory. Only the state bar has regulatory authority over my professional conduct. Same is true of all other lawyers licensed in any other state(s).

If I chose to practice in another state, short or long term, then I'll have to become subject to the state's rules. The state can then regulate my professional conduct in that state but their conclusions are only advisory in my licensing state. That said, comity can be a b***h.

#15 | Posted by et_al at 2022-12-05 03:59 AM | Reply

#16 | Posted by et_al at 2022-12-05 03:59 AM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2023 World Readable