Sunday, December 04, 2022

On that terrible day nine years ago, Ellie Laughinghouse Crout was running late. The memorial service for her half sister was starting in an hour and she still hadn't left home.

Comments

Drugs are the same as guns.

#1 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2022-12-04 09:40 PM | Reply

Wow those final couple paragraphs about the Laughinghouse family are wild 0_0

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2022-12-05 02:09 AM | Reply

This stuff happens all the time up here in West Virginia.
It's why the term 'West Virginia Pillbilly' was invented.

It is sad. Always sad.

#3 | Posted by earthmuse at 2022-12-05 11:11 AM | Reply

Oxycontin - AKA Hillbilly heroin. Of course, heroin or fentanyl is now easier to procure.

#4 | Posted by mattm at 2022-12-05 11:38 AM | Reply

My wife is from a small town in Ohio and most of her childhood friends have died from drugs mostly, but some other causes no related. But it's chilling to see how this happens in some areas. Through the years, having to see her friends die off one by one from a town that is a fraction the size of the city I graduated in was terrible. I had over 600 kids in my graduating class, she had under 70. 11 of them are gone but could be more, 11 were just the ones she knew and kept up with or had friends who kept up with. I know of 5 deaths from my class. Crazy how fate works.

#5 | Posted by humtake at 2022-12-05 12:10 PM | Reply

Took some oxy one time after surgery. For me, it wasn't something I could ever get addicted to. Yeah, it dulled the pain, but it made me feel nauseous. I felt dizzy and really hot. I ended up saying screw it and flushed the pills. Aleve is what I take now for my back.

#6 | Posted by byrdman at 2022-12-05 06:53 PM | Reply

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2023 World Readable